Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.

What am I missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Woodburger posted:

What am I missing

I had to go to the imgur page to get the gif to work for me:
http://imgur.com/YKDAs2v

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

How would this gif work in reverse, tia.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Phyzzle posted:

How would this gif work in reverse, tia.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Giving her the wrong color car seems like a pretty good punishment though :confused:

Isn't being named "McKenzie" punishment enough?

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

On the subject of parenting and horrible people...

Ayn Rand and the World She Made posted:

When Rand was five or so, she recalled, her mother came into the children's playroom and found the floor littered with toys. She announced to Rand and Rand's two-and-a-half-year-old sister, Natasha, that they would have to choose some of their toys to put away and some to keep and play with now; in a year, she told them, they could trade the toys they had kept for those they had put away. Natasha held on to the toys she liked best, but Rand, imagining the pleasure she would get from having her favorite toys returned to her later, handed over her best-loved playthings, including a painted mechanical wind-up chicken she could describe vividly fifty years later. When the time came to make the swap and Rand asked for her toys back, her mother looked amused, Rand recalled. Anna explained she had given everything to an orphanage, on the premise that if her daughters had really wanted their toys they wouldn't have relinquished them in the first place.

Grover Norquist: Emperor of No posted:

It’s the same message that first gestated in his mind when his parents would take him and his younger siblings for ice cream after church on Sundays and his dad would confiscate large bites out of each of their cones, explaining, “This is income tax” or “This is property tax.”

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rebel Blob posted:

On the subject of parenting and horrible people...

No wonder they got so hosed up.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hahaha.. did not see that finish coming. I expected one of the cars to get moved, but not by him! Excellent.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I don't know if this is technically schadenfreude, but seeing these takedowns of McMansions has filled my morning with enjoyment at the expense of others (and their terrible looking homes): http://mcmansionhell.tumblr.com/

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

The Locator posted:

Hahaha.. did not see that finish coming. I expected one of the cars to get moved, but not by him! Excellent.

I half expected helper dude to drive off like that, but after the other car left. That dude has some balls :lol:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

GrandpaPants posted:

I don't know if this is technically schadenfreude, but seeing these takedowns of McMansions has filled my morning with enjoyment at the expense of others (and their terrible looking homes): http://mcmansionhell.tumblr.com/

Mc Mansion Hell posted:

PSA

Why would any of y’all send me a message saying “MCMANSIONS ARE AWESOME NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO FOLLOW THE RULES WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN” etc

Bruh, this is a blog devoted to hating McMansions. If I hate something enough to make a blog devoted to hating it, you’re little blurbs about my alleged saltiness are not going to change my mind.

The point of this blog is to educate people about architecture (both bad and good) through a combination of colorful roasting and informative guides.

Finally, if rants about architecture personally offend you, may I remind you that you are not a building.

Tags: why do I even have to say these things

GOD:drat:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lemon posted:

Let's have a little palate cleanser

Jesus christ that guy should be sent to jail. I can't believe that an adult would go and kick a child like that. What is going on with some people in this world smh.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

the little person is actually danny devito in blackface and the nice man was defending the honor of his black friend who died in iraq while fighting bush's oil war

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

The guy doing the kicking was a police officer and that urban thug was coming right at him. Everyone involved is lucky to be alive.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

This blog is actually loving rad. Get this man a show on HGTV.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Have we had this here? It definitely belongs.

Wil Wheaton goes to Hooters:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That reminds me, I can't wait for Alan Partridge's next book.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Chichevache posted:

This blog is actually loving rad. Get this man a show on HGTV.

Yeah, I've been reading it for the last hour. Learned a few things about traditional architecture. Hope I remember all this poo poo when I have to buy my first house and don't want it to look like a loving white flight eyesore.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Trig Discipline posted:

Have we had this here? It definitely belongs.

Wil Wheaton goes to Hooters:

I bet he thinks strippers really like him too.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
145 kids sent home from first day of school due to being non-vaccinated or having no proof of vaccination :allears:

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/education/article95393367.html

Hope more places crack down like this because anti-vaxx stupidity is legitimately a health risk.

Michaeldim
Jan 29, 2011

:byodood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3JoCZ6AC48

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I don't get it. A cool tow truck picks up a car and drives away?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BOOTY-ADE posted:

145 kids sent home from first day of school due to being non-vaccinated or having no proof of vaccination :allears:

Hope more places crack down like this because anti-vaxx stupidity is legitimately a health risk.

I can't believe anti-vaxxers don't want to home school their kids.

Are these mothers working outside of the home?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

People who park with their hazards on in a non-parking who still don't get the proper punishment of death.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Lime Tonics posted:

"This happened yesterday on the parking lot of the Festival Andanças, an International festival in Portugal for the promotion of popular music and dance. The fire started in one of the parked cars and propagated quickly due to the summer high temperatures and the very close proximity the cars were parked.

It was the worst accident of this type in Portugal history, 422 cars were completely destroyed. There are no fatalities or serious injuries although some people had to be assisted on site. Insurance companies have gathered for an emergency meeting."

I can imagine that insurance meeting, and trying to find a way to not cover all the cars.

From a bit back, added Schadenfreude: Was reported on the news that maybe ~100 of those 422 cars had the full-spectrum coverage needed for a payout in these circumstances. Everyone else is likely poo poo out of luck and will have their insurance not cover the loss of the car.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only. No parking.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Chichevache posted:

People who park with their hazards on in a non-parking who still don't get the proper punishment of death.

But your honor, i wasn't parked, i was traveling. You see, using a solar frame of reference my carriage was actually moving since the entire earth is :smuggo:

Wait, what's this speeding judgement for millions of miles per hour?! And reckless driving for not having control of the car? But it was par-

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Strudel Man posted:

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only. No parking.

Look Betty, don't start up with your white zone poo poo again. There's just no stopping in a white zone.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

syscall girl posted:

:golfclap:

There is a group trying to bring the antivac "documentary" to our local arthouse movie theater. I hope they all get the flu.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Just....don't read the comments, or do, if you want to the face of hell.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

I thought the truck was gonna drop the car or tip over or something but then I saw the Taxi sign and I guess they park in a taxi zone with hazard lights on to try and get around traffic wardens?

e;f;b

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

syscall girl posted:

Possibly also the fathers.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

GrandpaPants posted:

Hell yes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, basically a Reverse Xanatos Gambit?

Please do not reference :tvtropes: on SA, namaste.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Cause it's not a gif it's an MP4.

http://i.imgur.com/YKDAs2v.mp4

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

ratbert90 posted:

My response comes from me being a foster parent and seeing mental abuse first hand.

Did you use your left hand or your right?

-8.5 Diopters
Sep 23, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR3T1nfi0H8

Reminds me a lot of playing rainbow 6 in my younger days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

ratbert90 posted:

More like; being a good parent means you shouldn't teach your children that mild infractions lead to wild over the top punishments that do nothing but harbor ill-will and fear instead of understanding and respect.

Handing out punishments like what Rough Lobster's dad did was not only crazy over the top, but most people who were mentally abused, especially by somebody in a position of power will make plenty of excuses as to how it wasn't mental abuse. Rough Lobster's dad's punishment did absolutely nothing to stop the root of the problem, and instead went straight for the "I have more power than you and thus I can make your life miserable you little poo poo you WILL respect me" angle. It was mentally abusive and power hungry. Just like spanking is physically abusive and only serves a purpose for immediate physical compliance.

Only registered members can see post attachments!