Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It's Zealand in English. Still Sjælland in Danish.

Not to be confused with Zeeland, which is Dutch.

Or the 3 different Leons for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

LaSalsaVerde posted:

Geheimnisnacht has some very content rich races to play, but there's so much available and it is, after all, a mod. So yes, Skaven, Ogres, Beastmen all kind of suck, but Chaos, Vampires, Empire, even Bretonnia/ChaosDwarves are all pretty developed.

playing Chaos gods characters is a lot of fun. Start out as basically a Nordic tribal viking type, kill Chaos worshippers of other religions, raid some dudes in the south and make them your tributaries, and if you do well enough before you drop dead your god transforms you into an immortal demon

as a slaneesh chaos worshipper you become a demon who is the most beautiful creature to ever walk the planet and are worshipped by everyone (something like +135 opinion to everyone who would be attracted to your gender) and you can eat the souls of people who upset you. Or you could imprison them and give them death by snoo snoo.

I can see why all the guys are going crazy over her.

At the start I gave most of my spare holdings to my kids, who then proceeded to break out of betrothals that I set for them and began marrying each other. So I have tons of incest produced grandbabies ruling kingdoms, but on the plus side since they're still attracted to my character too!

It's about 50 years after that transformation in my game now and my people have basically eliminated every other chaos religion and have pushed vampires to near extinction, but there's still tons of immortal elves, egyptian mummies, even some humans who can live for a few hundred years.

I guess I just really like the idea of being able to stick with one ruler for a really long time and develop some rivalries with other immortal people throughout the world while not worrying about your lovely kids ruining everything when they inherit stuff. And most of the immortal people are incredibly powerful and their races have certain advantages that make invading them almost impossible, so I'm looking forward to trying that.

I wonder if it's even possible to beat an army lead by her, especially considering elves have some special troops that are like 100 value to everything. It keeps the game interesting for sure.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It's Zealand in English. Still Sjælland in Danish.

Well that just goes to prove my underlying point: My education was so lacking that video games are teaching me things. :v:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Some youtube people have Reaper's Due now, Quill18 has a video up already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE4T-_MKMwQ

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Everything looks really good for that preview... EXCEPT I'm not too keen on the sacks of grain > carts > floating platters. Feels a bit cluttering to me and I could see having that everywhere being a bit meh. Hope there is a way to turn it off.

/edit Maybe if the models where a tiny bit smaller relative to the town they neighbour? i dunno

Popoto fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Aug 13, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

StarMinstrel posted:

Everything looks really good for that preview... EXCEPT I'm not too keen on the sacks of grain > carts > floating platters. Feels a bit cluttering to me and I could see having that everywhere being a bit meh. Hope there is a way to turn it off.

/edit Maybe if the models where a tiny bit smaller relative to the town they neighbour? i dunno

Yeah, it seems really cluttered.

Other than that it looks great!

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah those cornucopias/fruits the size of a small moon are a bit silly. The new disease mapmode looks rad though.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Yeah, you can turn off "Province embellishments" in options. Maybe they should be smaller though!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

It did seem a bit silly when Worcester's name was nearly completely blocked out by the cornucopia in Quill18's video.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
"I still have cancer. i think he dun goofed. I am severely injured, and I am one-eyed."

Also can't wait for 2.6.1. patchnotes.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Darkrenown posted:

Yeah, you can turn off "Province embellishments" in options. Maybe they should be smaller though!

Definitely would help a lot to not cover up more than one or two letters of the province name. I like them, but yea, smaller...

Otherwise it looks mighty good. The speed really surprised me a lot, so kudos to you guys managing that. Only thing I worry about is perhaps too many popups from constant illness symptoms, so perhaps keep the random frequency of that low outside of epidemics in your province ofc.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Guess it's a bit late for the suggestion at this point, but I'd think it'd be way better if instead of being random disembodied bowls of food, they were treated like extra buildings or some other little model that's meant to blend in with the rest of the stuff in the province. Like forts, tents and factories do in EU4. If it was just an occasional thing I think setting it apart this extra way is fine, but with how prevalent it is, it's just a bit weird. I read you guys were gonna have them on provinces beyond just your own too, but took those away for clutter? It'd be nice if there was a visual shorthand for it everywhere it was present.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Koramei posted:

Guess it's a bit late for the suggestion at this point, but I'd think it'd be way better if instead of being random disembodied bowls of food, they were treated like extra buildings or some other little model that's meant to blend in with the rest of the stuff in the province. Like forts, tents and factories do in EU4. If it was just an occasional thing I think setting it apart this extra way is fine, but with how prevalent it is, it's just a bit weird. I read you guys were gonna have them on provinces beyond just your own too, but took those away for clutter? It'd be nice if there was a visual shorthand for it everywhere it was present.

This sounds like a good idea, but I assume it's a bit too late to do anything about.

Another idea would be to have slightly different town models depending on your prosperity rating.

Oh and I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but will the next patch be savegame compatible?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Latest AtE update has Bermuda if you're into that sort of thing.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

ThaumPenguin posted:

Oh and I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but will the next patch be savegame compatible?

I can't imagine it would be, with the mechanical changes.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eric the Mauve posted:

I can't imagine it would be, with the mechanical changes.

I imagine same rule as always, utterly incompatible with ironman, though you can continue from non-ironman, in which case get ready for some weird poo poo.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Skellybones posted:

Latest AtE update has Bermuda if you're into that sort of thing.
I need to re-install CKII just so I can play AtE. Last I played, the map only went over to around the Mississipi. I guess I also need to buy Way of Life, Conclave, and *cough* *cough* *cough*.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Darkrenown posted:

Some youtube people have Reaper's Due now, Quill18 has a video up already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE4T-_MKMwQ

oh my god the black death follows the silk road. i was planning on doing a new conquer the silk road game when the dlc dropped. i'm basically guaranteed to get it lol.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I just watched a Youtuber starve himself to death while hiding in seclusion from the Plague.

10/10.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Dammit, so much for getting the 1066 to end achievement. :sigh: It was going so well too. Worked my way from count of Scwaben to ruler of Sicily, Portugal, Britanny, and Aragorn.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Odobenidae posted:

Yeah those cornucopias/fruits the size of a small moon are a bit silly.

That's no prune ... it's a space station.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I love that the new honorary titles ledger shows right away if there are nor eligible persons for a certain title. You see at the beginning of quill18's video that court eunuch has no valid candidates, but court dwarf has! This is a cool change,.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Volkerball posted:

oh my god the black death follows the silk road. i was planning on doing a new conquer the silk road game when the dlc dropped. i'm basically guaranteed to get it lol.

I was planning on finally going through with a full Zun game which might as well be the same thing. Although if I seclude hard enough I might weather through it, given how long Zabulistan went before succumbing in the video DR posted.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 13, 2016

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Torrannor posted:

I love that the new honorary titles ledger shows right away if there are nor eligible persons for a certain title. You see at the beginning of quill18's video that court eunuch has no valid candidates, but court dwarf has! This is a cool change,.

This is a huge upgrade for Elder Kings!

Too bad they aren't even to Conclave compatibility yet.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I've been trying to get in to CK2 and understand it again, and I think I'm making a little progress- maybe. But wondering if someone can help me understand-

I'm playing as Poland, and trying to see if I can expand east, and maybe even form the Wendish Empire. The problem I have is that I'm not sure how I'm supposed to fight and convert pagans effectively.

On the fighting side, I feel like every time I'm able to get the upper hand on a holy war with a Pagan group (which is tough given how many allies they'll call in) they convert to Christianity and I have to end the war with no land gains. So instead I'm stuck fabricating claims on each county. Is that the only way to go about it? I don't feel like I can marry in to tribal lands or diplo-vassalize them given the huge culture/religion/gov differences.

Then when I actually conquer a county, I'm not sure what to do next. First I always get the wrong holding type message when I take the county. Should I always have 400-600 ducats on hand to build a castle in the county? I don't know of any way to assign a tribal leader to that holding that would be my vassal also. Also- should I be trying to actively convert these counties to Christianity? I feel like I have my chaplain completely wrapped up in prostelitizing instead of other activities.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes you have to work slow.

When you convert a Tribal province to Christianity, you can click on the Tribe and upgrade it into a Castle. No need to waste money. Proselytizing is your immediate concern.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
What I did in my Poland 1066 game was to hand the new provinces to some random courtier or baron, preferably someone Content. That means you don't have to hold subpar titles on your own, and speeds up conversion since the new count can use his own Chaplain to convert the locals.

In my experience conversions mostly happen when wars drag on a long time. To help make wars shorter/easier, I'd recommend getting a marriage allegiance with some high-up in the HRE. I was lucky enough to marry my daughter off to the emperor himself, which meant I had 5000+ doomstacks aiding me against the various pagan peoples.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Is there any way to make holy wars not available over sea zones? I think France conquering Andalusia and Mauretania every game is bad.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Caustic Soda posted:

What I did in my Poland 1066 game was to hand the new provinces to some random courtier or baron, preferably someone Content. That means you don't have to hold subpar titles on your own, and speeds up conversion since the new count can use his own Chaplain to convert the locals.

In my experience conversions mostly happen when wars drag on a long time. To help make wars shorter/easier, I'd recommend getting a marriage allegiance with some high-up in the HRE. I was lucky enough to marry my daughter off to the emperor himself, which meant I had 5000+ doomstacks aiding me against the various pagan peoples.
I also recommend handing out new tribal counties to content courtiers, especially since AFAIK tribal vassals don't count toward vassal limits. Additionally, to help ease your wars, find one of your target's co-religionists and make them your tributary. Bam, now you have one more ally and they have one less.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

If you're a feudal ruler and you give a tribal province to a courtier he will make it feudal almost immediately, no religion conversion needed.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So I'm still trying to play the game--managed to make a good start on Iceland at one point. Even managed to get past the tribal stage and go into a Merchant Republic.

I'm so far from the land that the nearest off-Iceland trading post is 300 gold.

This is going to fall apart horribly, I'm sure.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Doing anything constructive with Iceland has always seemed mildly impossible to me. Which obviously means I need to try it sometime.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Nah, it's fuckin' great 867 or earlier, if you're up for grabbing the other two nearby islands and stick to raiding adventures :black101: or challenge Fairhair for the Norwegian kingdom via hiring mercs/hyping up your tribals. Tho merchant republics lmao yea...and it might be a bitch later on when you're already part of Norway, tho with Conclave who knows...might have gotten much more interesting.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BenRGamer posted:

So I'm still trying to play the game--managed to make a good start on Iceland at one point. Even managed to get past the tribal stage and go into a Merchant Republic.

I'm so far from the land that the nearest off-Iceland trading post is 300 gold.

This is going to fall apart horribly, I'm sure.

that price isn't based off the distance to your capital though. you can go conquer a county in italy or something, and then all of your costs on the coast around italy will be based on their distance to that county in italy. meanwhile, the other dipshit merchant families will still be off building in northern britannia and norway, so they won't get in your way, and you can build a massive trade zone uninterrupted. iceland owns.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Reaper's Due is being streamed right now:
https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive
(if you miss it, it should be on past broadcasts and will probably get youtubed later)

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I'm not sure if I'm asking this question right, but is there a way to change what the dominate holding is in a county?

I'm still playing around in Poland, and one suggestion I read in a wiki was to take over Sacz since it's a county in the dutchy you'll usually inherit as the Prince of Poland. But the county is run by a Prince-Bishop and a church is the 'primary' holding. I revoked the prince-bishop's title to myself, but that gives me control over the church, which is the wrong holding?

Should I have revoked the castle baron's title? If I did that, would I take over as the Count of that county, or would I have been the vassal to my vassal and break the game. Sorry, very confused still on some of this...

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

If you also own the barony, it should auto-swap to it as the primary. If you own both holdings and want to swap them, there should be a right-click option for 'make primary' or something like that when you right click on the holding.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Note also that you can only revoke titles from your direct vassals, so revoking the country and then the castle is the right path.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Uhhh, what just happened? (Had that happen twice in my current ATE game.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Anyone else had this bug in Conclave?

• Locked thread