Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
All I am is a tourist!

Edit: New page. The episode leaked. Also, KITTIES!

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
...could you, like, say the episode is leaked so other people have a chance to download it BEFORE you start blacktext asynchronuous liveblogging so other people know what the hell your spoilers are even about

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
We know that gems emerge from the ground with fabulous hair in their default forms. Rubies, the cheapest, most expendable, least-informed foot-soldiers we know of, pack a bitchin' afro by default. Peridot customized her hair into a ridiculous dorito as a completely serious show of fealty and admiration to her diamond. They've never talked about it, but it's clear that hair is a big deal.

Of all the creatures of earth, humans and lions have the best and biggest hair.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Acne Rain posted:

...could you, like, say the episode is leaked so other people have a chance to download it BEFORE you start blacktext asynchronuous liveblogging so other people know what the hell your spoilers are even about

Last page:

Mr.Radar posted:

Buddy's Book leaked.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
i'm dumber than usual today

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Buddy's book leak, Rose just plugging the SU art & lore books while looking in the camera was great.

Hakkesshu posted:

oh man Pearl and Garnet driving away on that old timey bicycle made me laugh so hard

Also nice Lion tease

:)

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Stop looking at the camera Rose, it's unprofessional!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Let's be honest, they're just loving with the MY LORE/MY IMMERSION dorks on purpose now. It's great and I hope it continues.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I liked the (new leak) tease for the new location

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

It looked like Blue Diamond's palanquin from Garnet's How We Met flashback

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

BioEnchanted posted:

That new location looks like one of those crab walker throne things they showed Blue Diamond in during The Answer. Perhaps it belonged to Pink Diamond once upon a time?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Steven locking up Lion :3:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

So many great scenes! Steven locking up Lion! The gems dressed in period costumes! The gems driving away in a high wheel bicycle!

:3:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Buckets posted:

ugggh this is what happens when they get celebrities to do cameos. JUST BECAUSE SHE CAN FIGHT GIANT MONSTERS AND WON AN INTERGALACTIC CIVIL WAR OR TWO DOESN'T MEAN SHE CAN ACT

anyway ep owns, jamie!buddy owns, old timey gems own, leaks do not own, i do not own

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 16, 2016

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Buckets posted:

Check Buddy's confused reaction wondering what she was looking at.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm still hoping Jamie turns out to be Native American.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

gmq posted:

So many great scenes! Steven locking up Lion! The gems dressed in period costumes! The gems driving away in a high wheel bicycle!

:3:

(Buddy Book) It was neat to see the costumes from that one painting in an actual episode. Of course, Rose wasn't wearing hers.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I imagine the old Buddy Buddwick talking like Yellowtail. So replace all of Jamie's dialogue with Muhmuh muh MUH!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I can't believe Amethyst is a loving nazi.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

I'm so happy that pictures of Steven in skirts and dresses don't even raise alarm bells for anyone anymore.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

SwimmingSpider posted:

I'm so happy that pictures of Steven in skirts and dresses don't even raise alarm bells for anyone anymore.

Speak for yourself, bud. This raises a huge alarm bell for me: what's wrong with Steven's fingers? They shouldn't bend like that!!!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's actually kind of interesting that Steven doesn't seem to have any interest in fashion as such, given his liking for other artistic stuff. I guess it's just part of the general motif where most of Steven's possessions are retro and the Universe family doesn't like to engage in conspicuous consumption, like, at all?

Cobalt Zeroni
Feb 15, 2015

Rand Brittain posted:

It's actually kind of interesting that Steven doesn't seem to have any interest in fashion as such, given his liking for other artistic stuff. I guess it's just part of the general motif where most of Steven's possessions are retro and the Universe family doesn't like to engage in conspicuous consumption, like, at all?

As someone who was raised in a similar environment to Steven*, I can vouch for my interest in my own fashion not extending beyond "which colors of T-shirt and canvas pants should I wear today?".

*homeschooled, mostly consuming old-fashioned media

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
We all know that if anyone will get into the Fashionista world it will be Peridot. Her Wearable Morps will be the toast of Beach City!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Rand Brittain posted:

I need Steven to expand his wardrobe so that his fusions may have outfits that don't tonally clash! Think of the character design, Steven!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rand Brittain posted:

It probably helps that he has so few actual friends in his age range (there's Connie, Peedee, and I guess Onion?) and he's homeschooled. Kids develop a lot of their fashion sense and concept of what is and isn't "cool" by their peers' opinions. And since no one's really critiqued his fashion style of endless star shirts, he doesn't feel the need to change it up.

SexyBlindfold posted:

I need Steven to expand his wardrobe so that his fusions may have outfits that don't tonally clash! Think of the character design, Steven!

Hey, in a few years when he grows up a little, he'll be able to wear all of Greg's old black star shirts. ENDLESS POSSIBILITY.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 16, 2016

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Garnet: Retrieve arms from Gem

I was going to object because there's no way Pearl has the highest IMAGINATION statistic, but I can't really make an argument for her being leader in the other two.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
pretty sure it's just poking fun at the fact that cartoon, anime, and video game characters never change their clothes. he does change his clothes-- they just happen to all be identical

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like that Steven has no sense of irony. He genuinely likes his dads old music and doesn't give him poo poo about how his music career failed like a lot of kids in cartoons do (In the "uuuughhhh no one cares about your failed band dad stop trying to relate to me..." kind of way). He genuinely likes his discography and wants to collaborate with him on the Water Witch album :3:

Well, that and all his shirts being his dad's old unsold Merchandise :v: "It's so earnest... you really love your dad... it's hilarious..."

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

pretty sure it's just poking fun at the fact that cartoon, anime, and video game characters never change their clothes. he does change his clothes-- they just happen to all be identical

Another nice riff on this is that all the other characters (who wear clothes) change clothes frequently, but mostly have recognizable styles. The effort that goes into this show sometimes, yeesh.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

BioEnchanted posted:

I like that Steven has no sense of irony. He genuinely likes his dads old music and doesn't give him poo poo about how his music career failed like a lot of kids in cartoons do (In the "uuuughhhh no one cares about your failed band dad stop trying to relate to me..." kind of way). He genuinely likes his discography and wants to collaborate with him on the Water Witch album :3:

Well, that and all his shirts being his dad's old unsold Merchandise :v: "It's so earnest... you really love your dad... it's hilarious..."

What failed music career? Dude made bank because his rear end in a top hat agent sold out for him.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

they just happen to all be identical

I have two pairs of shoes whose styles I love to the point that I just keep replacing them. Basically been wearing the same thing for the last 12 years. I'm screwed when Keen and Merrell finally get around to ending production of them.

so, checks out to me.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
They showed this last night, before it switched over to Adult Swim.

Pretty drat neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B82DvhHxNdM

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

PicklePants posted:

Pretty drat neat.

The person who posted the video also has a video with a spoiler thumbnail of the next episode. It popped up as a suggested video for me, so if you want to be unspoiled be careful.

Edit: It's a great video though so just click with wild abandon.

Diet Conan Doyle fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 17, 2016

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

The person who posted the video also has a video with a spoiler thumbnail of the next episode. It popped up as a suggested video for me, so if you want to be unspoiled be careful.

Edit: It's a great video though so just click with wild abandon.

Why the hell is Amethysta warhammer 40k commissar?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

PicklePants posted:

Pretty drat neat.

Hey, Estelle almost didn't forget that one (unlike Stronger than You).

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Junpei Hyde posted:

I can't believe Amethyst is a loving nazi.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Why the hell is Amethysta warhammer 40k commissar?

It's pretty obviously an american civil war army outfit, you guys are terrible at history.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

PicklePants posted:

Pretty drat neat.

Everyone in this video is singing this song just slightly slower than it's supposed to be and it's driving me crazy

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's pretty obviously an american civil war army outfit, you guys are terrible at history.

This is alt history though.

Macaluso posted:

Everyone in this video is singing this song just slightly slower than it's supposed to be and it's driving me crazy

Sometimes you gotta pad a presentation a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
this tumblr post speculates there's more junji ito references in the show than the kindergarten - namely draws ones for the cluster and its ghosts and Jasper's corruption. I think it's kind of a stretch but maybe there's a case for it.