Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Birdstrike posted:

I just started watching rick and morty. It's sometimes funnier than dongsbot

It is quite bad yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Just started my Grad School classes. There's a dude who just lives in an RV with his family and travels the country, doing oddjobs.

Meanwhile I'm giving out lockers and tricking kids into licking desks. Why am I not a nomad of the open road like rando in my History of the English Language class?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Little Mac posted:

Just started my Grad School classes. There's a dude who just lives in an RV with his family and travels the country, doing oddjobs.

Meanwhile I'm giving out lockers and tricking kids into licking desks. Why am I not a nomad of the open road like rando in my History of the English Language class?

Probably because you can't throw a hat very well.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Just finished The Get Down. Enjoyed it.

I don't trust Baz Luhrman with anything I love, especially music.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Allen Wren posted:

I don't trust Baz Luhrman with anything I love, especially music.

and definitely not a 5 guys burger and fries

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

Probably because you can't throw a hat very well.

*Motions to Hat Throwing Championship 1999 trophy

In storefront window*

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
ooo noo school starts~

Here in the frozen north however we savor the end of summer :sparkles:

I took 22 graduate credits this summer to get a pay bump. Every single class was terrible. I took a required licensure class through my district and it seriously took ten minutes. If that is what fulfilling state requirements looks like, then why bother having them!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

ooo noo school starts~

Here in the frozen north however we savor the end of summer :sparkles:

I took 22 graduate credits this summer to get a pay bump. Every single class was terrible. I took a required licensure class through my district and it seriously took ten minutes. If that is what fulfilling state requirements looks like, then why bother having them!

Money and checkboxes

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Hi Asiina. You're amazing and you host great games. You also give out amazing punishments, fantastic avatars, and are a permanent part of the social games world on these forums. I'm delighted to have met you recently. I am here to call myself an idiot, in the name of fun.

Please lowercase my p in the future - 'peramene' - thank you.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

peramene posted:

Hi Asiina. You're amazing and you host great games. You also give out amazing punishments, fantastic avatars, and are a permanent part of the social games world on these forums. I'm delighted to have met you recently. I am here to call myself an idiot, in the name of fun.

ENDMAN

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
hi i guess

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

peramene please play mafia

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Little Mac posted:

*Motions to Hat Throwing Championship 1999 trophy

In storefront window*

*camera zooms out, storefront is a pawn shop, Little Mac weeps as he remembers the apex of his career*

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

peramene posted:

:gas:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:pcgaming: The first team for the soldiers game is done :pcgaming:

Podima is a good co-mod if anyone ever needs one fyi

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its gundam theme right

can i be four

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Depending on how complicated your battles are, you may want to get a third mod whose sole job is to process them.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EccoRaven posted:

Depending on how complicated your battles are, you may want to get a third mod whose sole job is to process them.

and a 4th mod so you can enter a state of full delegation and not really mod at all

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Guys, my game only needs 3 more, will start immediately, has fun flavor, and now has yuming playing :sun:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786444

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

*camera zooms out, storefront is a pawn shop, Little Mac weeps as he remembers the apex of his career*

*Camera zooms out further, pawn shop is on a cliffside and the back is an Aztec temple*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Little Mac posted:

*Camera zooms out further, pawn shop is on a cliffside and the back is an Aztec temple*

*camera zooms out even further, and now Little Mac's mom can fit in frame*

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

*camera zooms out even further, and now Little Mac's mom can fit in frame*

My mom is dead. :(

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Buried in an Aztec temple.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

and a 4th mod so you can enter a state of full delegation and not really mod at all

:nowyougetit:

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Keane's middle initial stands for Truckasaurus.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

*nods*

You don't necessarily need a battle only mod, but be aware the processing battles can be complicated and time consuming. Eventually you get a system going and it speeds up the process, but it's always gonna be quite a bit of work.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

pERAMENE I'm proud of you and your probations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't think we will have any issue keeping up with battles as they're pretty streamlined for smash bros

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I don't think we will have any issue keeping up with battles as they're pretty streamlined for smash bros

:yeah:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The advice from your experiences is very much appreciated though, so thank you both! I learned a lot from reading over your notes after the soldiers game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

The advice from your experiences is very much appreciated though, so thank you both! I learned a lot from reading over your notes after the soldiers game.

:agreed:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

pERAMENE I'm proud of you and your probations.

everyone please read the imp zone's reaction to the first one its pretty great

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
holy gently caress

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is the basic setup info and rules I'm thinking of running for my Steven Universe Mafs.

quote:

:siren: Roles will be PM'd to you at the end of Day 1 :siren:
This has been done to cut down on role bread-crumbing, and to encourage active scum hunting Day 1.

Setup Information:
- Role Madness (Non-standard roles, combinations, variants, and alignments MAY appear, but are not guaranteed)
- Flavour HEAVY (Do NOT reveal your flavour carelessly! It is important!)
- Fake Claims have been provided!
- Closed Nights
- 48 Hour Days. 24 Hour Nights
- No Vanilla Town roles
- No Millers, Death Millers or other Miller Variant roles
- No Jester roles
- No Deathproof roles

Antilurking Rule
- If you do not make 10 posts a day you will be ON NOTICE the next day
- If you are ON NOTICE and do not make 10 posts, the next game day you will become FREELY LYNCHABLE (Your lynch will not end the day)
- If you are FREELY LYNCHABLE this status can be removed if you make 10 posts THAT game day
- The above rules will be disregarded if Hammer occurs more than 2 hours before deadline.
- If you are FREELY LYNCHABLE and survive the day, you will become permanently FREELY LYNCHABLE
(I'll pretty it up later)

Basically players will be pure vanilla town the first day and the only thing they will know are their alignments.
Also spending a lot of time on behind the scenes stuff that will make this a more solid game all around and less ~WACKY ROLE MADNESS~

Thoughts? :nyoron:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Peremene is surely a troll

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Inf I won't play because all steven universe poo poo should be eliminated.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

This is the basic setup info and rules I'm thinking of running for my Steven Universe Mafs.

(I'll pretty it up later)

Basically players will be pure vanilla town the first day and the only thing they will know are their alignments.
Also spending a lot of time on behind the scenes stuff that will make this a more solid game all around and less ~WACKY ROLE MADNESS~

Thoughts? :nyoron:

The 'no roles till n1' thing is interesting and I don't think I've ever seen it done before. Otherwise seems good, will enjoy watching!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kashuno posted:

Inf I won't play because all steven universe poo poo should be eliminated.

disagree but I also won't play but because role madness is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Spiros posted:

Peremene is surely a troll

Probably a gimmick account.