Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
What should I be looking to build in my demense? The money building seems like a no brainer, but are they worth the cost with how long it takes them to be profitible? The troop buildings seem helpful, but am I better off using that money to just hire mercenaries when I need them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Crusader Kings II: Skeletons

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Crusader Kings II

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Demon_Corsair posted:

What should I be looking to build in my demense? The money building seems like a no brainer, but are they worth the cost with how long it takes them to be profitible? The troop buildings seem helpful, but am I better off using that money to just hire mercenaries when I need them?

Money improvements are priority one for my demense. I don't know the exact time it takes for them to pay themselves off but they're worth it in my opinion. fake edit: (Looked this up just now, all but the fifth level of castle towns pay themselves off in under 100 years. 5th one is 114 years)

Troop buildings are also worth it, especially the keep that gives you a % bonus to levies. Always keep a few hundred gold around as emergency money that you can use on mercs, this is less important if you're a christian as they can get a 300 gold loan from the Jews. (Provided you or your liege hasn't expelled them)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Omnicarus posted:

Crusader Kings II

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Kaza42 posted:

Games > Crusader Kings II: A Plague On Both Your Houses

This one, absolutely.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

This is it

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

:perfect:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Please anything except a Black Lives Matter joke

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Dareon posted:

Doing anything constructive with Iceland has always seemed mildly impossible to me. Which obviously means I need to try it sometime.

I became Emperor of Scandinavia and reformed the Germanic faith starting in Iceland at the Charlemagne bookmark. It was pretty difficult, but tons of fun, just make sure you keep marrying Swedes for alliance protection until you're big enough. Not quite as hard as my Beta Israel game, though.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Crusader Kings II: Incest, Plagues, and Cats, Oh My!

Haven't played CK2 in awhile. But with this expansion and optimization, I might become re-addicted.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Paradox is doing a Summer Sale part 2 but it doesn't look like any CK2 stuff is in it - runs until 24th August with Reaper's Due out on 25th though so maybe they won't put any of the DLCs up.

Four Score posted:

I can respect that point of view, but I also see it as a current events-relevant, clever turn of phrase that doesn't make fun of the issue so much as exploit it's memetic value (not to say that isn't problematic in itself, but the purpose certainly isn't to trivialize BLM). I am all for choosing a less objectionable title if it so pleases goon sirs

If there's one thing somethingawful is renowned for it's being as least objectionable about current events as possible.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Crusader Kings 2: Going Viral

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Bingo. With the caveat that every racist that comes ITT and misunderstands it gets an insta-ban or at least a month of probation. It'll be the perfect honey trap.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLoon posted:

Bingo. With the caveat that every racist that comes ITT and misunderstands it gets an insta-ban or at least a month of probation. It'll be the perfect honey trap.

It's not really because black deaths matter is just another way of saying black lives matter. Black lives don't matter and black deaths don't matter would be the racist antonyms. It's a good thread title no matter how you slice it.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
It's a good thread title, because it has multiple meanings/ways of looking at it, even though it's just a simple reversal of 'lives' with 'deaths'. Endof. But I know for a fact there'll be prejudiced goons coming in here, in the hopes of finding an oasis of historical racism as well as hordes of sensitive types, who'd call the title itself racist so...felt like noting that if this thread has this title (and I think it totally should!), mods are gonna have a honey trap in this subforum, no doubt.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Aug 17, 2016

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think this was posted yet: Reaper's Due Content Pack renders. Includes East African Portraits, Late Byzantine Clothes, Eastern Female Councillors, and African Councillors.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 17, 2016

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Black deaths matter sounds like something someone on stormfront would post if he was feeling witty.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
^^^
Nah, none of them are that witty.

Like, I kinda really want to recognize that it's a great play of words, but I also kinda don't want it to be the thread title.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Surprised Crusader Kings II: Skeleton Kings hasn't been proposed.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

ThaumPenguin posted:

Crusader Kings 2: Going Viral

I gotta go with this one.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Crusader Kings II: Crazy Cat Lords

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Crusader Kings II: Still Waiting On Crusader Kings III

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Apologies if the answer to this question is obvious but constant googling has got me nowhere.

I'm playing a newish game and just went on a crusade for which I'm rewarded with a bunch of territory in Jerusalem. Now however I'm trying to give away some of the counties to reduce my demense limit but I can't award any of them as it says they're "at war". However I'm not at war with anyone. What could be causing this?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Crusader Kings 2: Hoarse Lords

Crusader Kings 2: Rashes of India

Crusader Kings 2: That Old Gout

Crusader Kings 2: Songs of Ghoultide

Crusader Kings 2: Sunset Infection

Crusader Kings 2: Charlemalaise

Crusader Kings 2: Out of Life

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I'm wondering how many people here actually get the Seventh Seal one. Would think that would be popular with the archnerds here

btw, you Darkrenown, y'all should totally add an event where you can delay death by playing chess with death if you turn on fantasy content

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Mainwaring posted:

Apologies if the answer to this question is obvious but constant googling has got me nowhere.

I'm playing a newish game and just went on a crusade for which I'm rewarded with a bunch of territory in Jerusalem. Now however I'm trying to give away some of the counties to reduce my demense limit but I can't award any of them as it says they're "at war". However I'm not at war with anyone. What could be causing this?

It would help a lot if you could post a screenshot.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

http://imgur.com/a/XwQ45

Hopefully this shows enough, the same applies to all counties in the Jerusalem area, however I was able to give away counties back in Ireland.

quote:

Are the people you're trying to give them to at war?

Nope the person I'm trying to give it to in that screenshot is an unlanded family member sitting in my court.

Mainwaring fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 17, 2016

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Mainwaring posted:

Are the people you're trying to give them to at war?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Four Score posted:

Crusader Kings II: Black Death Matters

This is perfect.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I don't think this was posted yet: Reaper's Due Content Pack renders. Includes East African Portraits, Late Byzantine Clothes, Eastern Female Councillors, and African Councillors.

Those look great.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

nutranurse posted:

This is perfect.

It actually is. The singular gets the message across.

e:

catlord posted:

Those look great.

And now to never appreciate them because I'm zoomed out too far for 99% percent of the game.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 17, 2016

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Did Africans historically lack shoes or something.

I suppose it's not inconceivable, but that's the first thing I noticed about the African units in EU4, and now the councilors here.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Strudel Man posted:

I suppose it's not inconceivable, but that's the first thing I noticed about the African units in EU4, and now the councilors here.

Considering that I remember something about Italy winning against Ethiopia as late as the 1930s by carpeting the ground with sharp glass or somesuch...possibly?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

Africans still, to this day, do not wear shoes.

Seriously, look at any video or picture taken in modern Africa, you'll see people wearing clothes that are basically the same as you'd find in America but only a few of them will be wearing shoes. They just don't wear them.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Has there been any word on whether 2.5.2.2 will go up as a beta option after the patch drops? I'd like to finish my current game before moving into the new stuff.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

CrazyLoon posted:

Considering that I remember something about Italy winning against Ethiopia as late as the 1930s by carpeting the ground with sharp glass or somesuch...possibly?

They won because the had tanks.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Those African Christian/Muslim portraits are really nice looking.

Also Byzantines look the coolest, as always.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

cock hero flux posted:

Africans still, to this day, do not wear shoes.

Seriously, look at any video or picture taken in modern Africa, you'll see people wearing clothes that are basically the same as you'd find in America but only a few of them will be wearing shoes. They just don't wear them.

Feet, natures sneakers - Super Hans

also yes please let me play chess with death(Maybe if im insane or somethibg). We need more bergman in vidya games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

CharlestheHammer posted:

They won because the had tanks.

poo poo tanks. I'm fairly sure the Abyssinians were able to run up and tip them over on occasion

2.5.2.2 will probably be up as a beta, but old saves seem to mostly work - I've been playing one Norse game on and off over the while dev cycle anyway.

Death Chess would be neat... maybe Gamesmasters beat him and become immortal?

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 18, 2016

• Locked thread