Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

:dong:

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

keevo posted:

Anyone watch that new WWE24? I'm a quarter of the way through and I'm about to turn this poo poo off because of how much they're changing history. According to the show, that whole #givedivasachance started randomly right after Brie and Nikki had a two minute match with Paige & Emma. It definitely didn't have anything to do with AJ Lee calling out Stephanie on pay. Idk why I'm so bothered about this.
I watched the whole thing because there's gently caress-all else to do on lunch break, and I think gently caress-all would have been the preferable option. Toward the end they really lean in heavily on saying all women always were great (the old "Fabulous Moolah was brilliant and totally not a horrific pile of excrement" thing), they paint the Bellas as some kind of generation-crossing core of womens wrestling, Steph gets her obligatory cheer squad, and they run down the WM32 womens tag match, trying to come up with positive things to say about Eva Marie and Tamina as if they aren't obviously shitshows. They kinda gloss over a lot of NXT, too; they spend less time talking about Sasha & Bayley than they did with Trish & Lita in the first half.

But Lana does drop her accent, which is kinda great while she's still billed as Lana and they're cutting directly to her speaking in the ring. And it is ammusing seeing AJ flashed on screen for approximately 1 frame.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, really. I was hoping for a more Breaking Ground-style documentary, with more day-to-day stuff, but it's just the same-old self-congratulatory revisionist history they always do.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

A few pages back but yes because when he started getting wacky with the paint in njpw he stopped calling everybody dickheads

e:: the best example:

Confirmed: Finn Balor thinks about men having sex and also likes sex with men,

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Zeb Colter is doing stand-up comedy now

https://twitter.com/CrackersComedy/status/765710745380225024

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Summerslam is gonna be loving rad wrestling wise. 2-3 matches that could be MOTYCs (Balor/Rollins, Cena/Styles, Charlotte/Sasha), a few more that could easily be HMs (Brock/Orton, Ambrose/Ziggler, Reigns/Rusev), and some strong undercard matches. I'm looking forward to it way more than I was Wrestlemania.

The builds on Raw have been kinda lovely (haven't been able to follow SD as much), but good wrestling will make up for that.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Summerslam is gonna be loving rad wrestling wise. 2-3 matches that could be MOTYCs (Balor/Rollins, Cena/Styles, Charlotte/Sasha), a few more that could easily be HMs (Brock/Orton, Ambrose/Ziggler, Reigns/Rusev), and some strong undercard matches. I'm looking forward to it way more than I was Wrestlemania.

The builds on Raw have been kinda lovely (haven't been able to follow SD as much), but good wrestling will make up for that.

Summerslam is cool because they've been doing something out of the ordinary for the last several years with the main event. Bryan winning the title in 13 from Cena, Brock squashing Cena for the title in 14, and Brock losing a match in 15! Summerslam is going to rule.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

bradzilla posted:

Summerslam is cool because they've been doing something out of the ordinary for the last several years with the main event. Bryan winning the title in 13 from Cena, Brock squashing Cena for the title in 14, and Brock losing a match in 15! Summerslam is going to rule.

Summerslam 2013 was real cool. It also had that awesome Punk/Lesnar No DQ match. and the Bray Wyatt/KANE inferno match but we won't talk about that

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Aug 17, 2016

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Probably better than Ziggler

HulkaMatt posted:

A few pages back but yes because when he started getting wacky with the paint in njpw he stopped calling everybody dickheads

I want to start calling people asshalls

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Professor Funk posted:

and the Bray Wyatt/KANE inferno match but we won't talk about that

Harper and Rowan were hilarious bumbling henchmen in that match, it was great.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/765901381513408513

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

AMReese posted:

People giving stupid smark opinions about what is "cool" when it was one of the few things the Corpus Christi crowd reacted to. News at 11.

idk what's so smarky about thinking the cybergoth aesthetic isn't cool. are ppl not allowed to have their own opinions now?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
HELL YEAH just got a box for SS, at least I'll have catering for six hours of rasslin.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
loving Resuv

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Probably better than Ziggler

Lance Storm could probably spend one hour talking about his opinions on libraries and probably be better than Ziggler.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Resav owns

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spermgod posted:

idk what's so smarky about thinking the cybergoth aesthetic isn't cool. are ppl not allowed to have their own opinions now?
in this forum at least

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Push Resuv

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Spermgod posted:

You can, but clearly it's because you're a sperg, and should seek help.

Like, at this point, I guess I don't even now what the gently caress a smark is. I always assumed it was an internet fan. Which is what every single one of us here is. So I'm not really sure how it's an insult.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
remember the simpler times

SASHA'S RATCHET
NO SHE'S NOT

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

When's the prediction game going up?

EDIT: I wish Sasha had started carrying a ratchet to the ring to beat people with.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Efexeye posted:

they are gonna be rotating the actors playing the Colonel for a while, might as well give Dolph a shot

Wanna see him bite into a Double Down and sell it like he got shot with a cannon point-blank

Gonz posted:

I so desperately want to see a wrestling feud in TYOOL 2016 where someone tells Colonel Ziggler that they prefer Church's or Popeye's and he just utterly wrecks them.

Ziggler: "Who's next to step up to the Colonel for an extra-crispy 11 herbs and spices superkick to the mouth??"
*Kane's music hits*
:bahgawd: THROUGH HELL-FRYER AND BREADCRUMBS IT'S RAISING KANE

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 17, 2016

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

oatgan posted:

usually they pick comedians though

i know what you were going for but the current colonel is george hamilton so it doesnt totally work, 3.5/5 yucks

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

Yeah.His heel aesthetic in NJPW pre paint with the lightup jacket and Fale assisted entrance was much cooler.

it was fun for one day (January 4th 2014) and quickly became lame after that. It was bad in NJPW, bad on his farewell tour of the UK indies, and it's still bad in WWE.

It's like if Rey Mysterio wore a superhero inspired costume for every WWE PPV he was on instead of just being a WrestleMania thing.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

KANE was on Main Event last night squashing some guy I don't give a poo poo about

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
:lol: ADR got suspended

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

http://www.wwe.com/article/alberto-del-rio-suspended?sf33614525=1

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It suddenly makes a lot of sense that AJ called him a dumb loser that wasn't even booked for Summerslam and then Cena got his win back apropos nothing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Today's Paige's birthday

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Chris James 2 posted:

Today's Paige's birthday

lmao like every part of me wants to say this is coincidence but this is Vince "Fire you on your wedding day" McMahon we're talking about here

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

RIP Papi

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

lmao like every part of me wants to say this is coincidence but this is Vince "Fire you on your wedding day" McMahon we're talking about here
On one hand that sucks, but on the other hand ADR sucks more and has Ego the Living Planet sized Ego

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

achillesforever6 posted:

:lol: ADR got suspended

Goddammit, and just after the watch thread established that his theme music was cool and good. Unlike most other things about him, admittedly.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I wonder how long they were sitting on that result for. ADR came back from his indie run clearly having been on the juice but I'd have expected him to maybe tone it down a bit once he got back into WWE

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Alberto Del Rio's theme music is one of the best in the WWE

and as a Mexican I am obligated to cheer him endlessly which is one of the reasons he will continue to be employed as long as ADR likes money

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Why even bother suspending him? Isn't his contract up in 2 months anyway? Just release the guy.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Because Vince is a dick

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Why even bother suspending him? Isn't his contract up in 2 months anyway? Just release the guy.

There could be some language in contracts concerning the wellness policy or the policy itself which prohibits him from being released concurrent with a violation unless it's the third strike, basically intended as a protection of sorts.

And also

sam bradford lmao posted:

Because Vince is a dick

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
someone in WWE's Wellness Division finally turned on the TV and saw ADR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Love is a drug

• Locked thread