Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

When was 2.0 released, again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zakutambah posted:

Still laughing at their Gamescom build being 2.4

How broken must 2.5 be then? All whispers on the grapevine have been that's what they've been crunching for the last 2 months. Big push from above that 2.5 -has- to be at Gamescom.

And lol... there's 2.4. Oh! They have the key bindings for 2.5 though (lol at that). We -may- get to show it. If it actually compiles lol

They are using the live servers. Like say that they can get 2.5 out ready to come out, they need to patch the servers into the new version. And then if something fucks up in the process they have absolutely no way to remain streaming till they roll back or re-patch the server. They might really really want to put 2.5 out but its too late, you cant take that sort of risk right now but who knows how CIG thinks.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

Any highlights from the discord? Mostly tickle references I assume

Mostly it was around 20 minutes of people getting mad and accusing me of being bad at trolling, and then about 40 minutes of :getin: and the entire channel just trying to roll with the punches

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 17, 2016

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Viscous Soda posted:

Top voted comment in that thread. Even if he's somehow right it's still pretty sad.

lol

:lol:

edit:
Have a sympathy dogge. It's ok, commando. You're already a Star Marine to me.

Zakutambah fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 17, 2016

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Tippis posted:

When was 2.0 released, again?
About six months ago AFAIK.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They are using the live servers. Like say that they can get 2.5 out ready to come out, they need to patch the servers into the new version. And then if something fucks up in the process they have absolutely no way to remain streaming till they roll back or re-patch the server. They might really really want to put 2.5 out but its too late, you cant take that sort of risk right now but who knows how CIG thinks.

So what you're saying is that CIG will definitely patch to 2.5 some time tomorrow evening.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

To be honest it feels a lot longer.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
there's not a single mention of star citizen on the front page of any gaming site I could find

not a single loving one

money well spent

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Bribase posted:

To be honest, it feels like they really have to stretch the content out to get a full five days of streaming out of it. I'm guessing that in the next few days they'll simply hand it over to the public to play and have the Twitch guys "coach" them and answer questions.
It's great to see the booth's popularity (even for a non-public day), I think that it's great exposure to new backers and a good introduction to the game, and it's always nice to see the streamers and the community team collaborate and enjoy themselves doing it. But it's not a must-see for old backers like myself. Then again, I don't think it was ever supposed to be.
Hyped for Friday, though. If we're getting what the German magazines have been lately it's going to be an awesome presentation.

Okay I mean today wasn't great, but Friday...

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

i'd like to be a fly on the wall when that happens so i can watch the devops team's life expectancy permanently drop right before my eyes

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

TheAgent posted:

there's not a single mention of star citizen on the front page of any gaming site I could find

not a single loving one

money well spent

Just wait until Friday oh ye of little faith!

CIG is gonna pull out the secret build and bend Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare over their knee and tickle it.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

TheAgent posted:

not a single loving one

money well spent

:tinfoil:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Disco lando: the line is around the block here guis, we'll have to move it cause we feel bad we are taking over whoever these losers are next to us. the hype is real people are interested in is going on here

like a man on fire under a semi

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Why not just hook them up to the super secret dev servers?
:shrug:

Oh wait, that's because it only exists in Latrine's fevered wet dreams.

(( I missed Latrine being probated :( I'll flush a toilet in your memory, Latrine))

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor
Are we still...?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

h3isenbug posted:

Favourite moment from the SC stream was when Brian joins the two and says to Lando "Odd... I can't see myself on the monitor" and Lando mumbles back "Yeah, the LIVE version is about 30 seconds behind..."

Also tried to open SA forums at work today, but "Category Tasteless" seems to be blocked now:

Looks like your IT guy might be a Backer :tinfoil:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D1E posted:

CIG is gonna pull out the secret build and bend Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare over their knee and tickle it.

I love that people actually believe this

#IStandwiththeSecretBuild

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Gradis posted:

i counted 3 but wasnt watching it all the time.

Look, some of us sleep and can't keep up with the thread! :colbert:

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Plot twist:
This -is- the secret build.
The jpgs are 5% more fidelitous.
No one has noticed.
Croberts sheds a single tear.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Whoa. I've got Elite. I need to download it and update.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I think the quote of the day is still "Each of our ships could be the hero asset in another game."

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Mostly it was around 20 minutes of people getting mad and accusing me of being bad at trolling, and then about 40 minutes of :getin: and the entire channel just trying to roll with the punches

EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS NOW NULL AND VOID

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

not a single loving one

money well spent

CIG is saving everything (No, really backers, EVERYTHING) until the last hour of Gamescom so that they can DOMINATE next week's news-worthy content!

ITS ALL ABOUT THE LONG GAME!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

tooterfish posted:

About six months ago AFAIK.

It went live in December of 2015.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

9 months, nothing's changed.

Still GOTY, somehow.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

ALPHA 2.0

lol get hosed

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS NOW NULL AND VOID

I feel grief!!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Thought it felt longer!

It's actually incredible how little they've got done in nine months, considering they have 300 people on the payroll.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Bullshit https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15106-Star-Citizen-Alpha-20-Available posted:

First Person Shooter:
-Recharging energy weapons.
-In-game pick-ups including ballistic weapons, ammo and MediPens.
-Player healing.
-Due to the open-world architecture of the Crusader system, FPS combat can occur on space stations, on the decks of ships, or even while engaged in EVA.
-A space station location specifically designed for and dedicated to FPS combat, including many stores and caches of personal weapons.

Sooo...

:shrug:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

tooterfish posted:

It's actually incredible how little they've got done in nine months, considering they have 300 people on the payroll.

Now realize that those 300 people have been working in a constant crunch mode for nearly a year and imagine just how much CR has to gently caress up as a project manager in order to show this little progress.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Best UT map.

You ain't sniped poo poo until you've sniped a player from the top of one of those towers at 500ms.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Looks like your IT guy might be a Backer :tinfoil:

Those are generic lists pushed out to the firewall.
SA is on their mainly because half the site is NWS.
Not just pictures but text wise.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Please, don't compare SC to UT. That's just insulting to UT.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Deep cover goon or trouble on the home front?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Everything is in a constant state of refactoring because all the existing systems were designed without a roadmap ("that would be unfair to developers") so any changes to game logic have unpredictable results.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

Deep cover goon or trouble on the home front?

That would be some expensive deep cover. How much is grand admiral again?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I feel grief that facing worlds would ever get compared to a cig product

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Matlock Birthmark posted:

That would be some expensive deep cover. How much is grand admiral again?

a lot, but tbf on reddit you can make your flair whatever spending level you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Like once per hour

:negative:

Tippis posted:

How many times have you got?

I just find it comical that lando stressed a month ago nothing new would be shown but here we are with SC spergs thinking that wasn't the case.

• Locked thread