Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

When was he last time you played a game wth both TMM and I in it? Serious question.

Like a million years ago, but I don't put much faith in meta reads. I think they're lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Where R d posters?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MG3 posted:

Ok let's start a content game I need 4 volunteers I'll take one slot.

The other three volunteers when they volunteer are agreeing to post an opinion about the other three players in the group. They also agree that the day 1 lynch will be one of the four volunteers.

Who else is brave enough to volunteer

I don't like this fake Thunderdome. MG3 isn't putting himself on the line at all here because nobody has an obligation, but he's trying to get cred as if he is.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kashuno posted:

gonna just ignore he just scumclaimed???? ##vote Ernie

you're playing this really seriously. didn't we just finish a game where i scumclaimed every single gameday? why are you voting me in this game but didn't vote me in the previous one?

Kashuno posted:

I am against scum claiming d1. It's either scum trying to slide through the day as "haha I was so joking guys scum would never do that!" or town trying to muddy the waters. Jokephase as an excuse is asinine and I don't care for it.

why would a town player muddy the waters?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

No, I'm sparticus.

I mean scum.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Jedit posted:

I don't like this fake Thunderdome. MG3 isn't putting himself on the line at all here because nobody has an obligation, but he's trying to get cred as if he is.

You caught me.

The whole point of the game is willful participation. If you don't wanna follow the games rules don't sign up.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kashuno posted:

I am against scum claiming d1. It's either scum trying to slide through the day as "haha I was so joking guys scum would never do that!" or town trying to muddy the waters. Jokephase as an excuse is asinine and I don't care for it.

i just can't get over the awkward phrasing of this post. kashuno sets up the two scenarios he says he thinks might be happening here, but writes one of them 'town trying to muddy the waters' in such an awkward non-sensical way. then, when he knows full well that my post was closer to joke-phase silliness than 'town muddying the waters' (whatever that is), says he won't accept it as a third scenario.

like the entire post reads as an excuse to Take A Stand And Not Back Down.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
quidnose please vote so i can +1 you

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

quidnose please vote so i can +1 you

this but yuming

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

MG3 posted:

You caught me.

The whole point of the game is willful participation. If you don't wanna follow the games rules don't sign up.

The content game I mean. Not mafia. Mafia works the same way but the mafia game as a whole was not what I was referring to

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do not how kashuno is proceeding.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Retro Futurist posted:

I do not how kashuno is proceeding.

Wut

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

you're playing this really seriously. didn't we just finish a game where i scumclaimed every single gameday? why are you voting me in this game but didn't vote me in the previous one?

why would a town player muddy the waters?

to the first point, I don't know.

To the second point, isn't that basically saying you're scum?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MG3 posted:

Like a million years ago, but I don't put much faith in meta reads. I think they're lame.

It's not a "meta read" that TMM and I argue a lot, it's just a fact.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

It's not a "meta read" that TMM and I argue a lot, it's just a fact.

Ok well I've never observed it so its news to me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MG3 posted:

Ok well I've never observed it so its news to me

strap yourself in for a wild ride and 6-7 straight pages of no one else but he and I posting!

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

strap yourself in for a wild ride and 6-7 straight pages of no one else but he and I posting!

Ah, its slapfights

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Kashuno posted:

Lol

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I want to hear more from these people:

Quidnose 9
Pinterest Mom 8
PBS Newshour 7
SirSamVimes 7
Retro Futurist 6
Tremendous Taste 5
imgay 5
Jedit 4
votefinder 1

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i dont

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Well that's because you're a donkey

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

MG3 posted:

Quidnose 9
Pinterest Mom 8
PBS Newshour 7
SirSamVimes 7
Retro Futurist 6
Tremendous Taste 5
imgay 5
Jedit 4
votefinder 1

okay
##vote mg3

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MG3 posted:

Quidnose 9
Pinterest Mom 8
PBS Newshour 7
SirSamVimes 7
Retro Futurist 6
Tremendous Taste 5
imgay 5
Jedit 4
votefinder 1

Votefinder does seem to float under the radar every game he joins :colbert:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kappa

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote imgay

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

kappapride

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

##vote imgay

pogchamp

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Like. I do not like it

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't be hating Sam, theres the line of reasoning in the blame of subsequent posters not providing content, don't push this meaningless line with a fluff vote like that. Be the solution

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*clears throat*
I am reading yuming as scum

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What was in your throat, just wondering

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786444&userid=132589
there is a barrier here. the writing is suppose to invoke a feeling of engagement and openness, but something is being hold back.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

imgay posted:

What was in your throat, just wondering

the truth coming out
##vote yuming

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I am really busy with this first week of school but I will have time to catch up tomorrow. When is deadline?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay posted:

Don't be hating Sam, theres the line of reasoning in the blame of subsequent posters not providing content, don't push this meaningless line with a fluff vote like that. Be the solution

I am being the solution

to the problem of people posting twitch emotes

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No I was referring to the local deity at the pond near my apartment.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Quidnose posted:

I am really busy with this first week of school but I will have time to catch up tomorrow. When is deadline?

Tomorrow night. This is a very long Day 1, probably to make the Night a weekend when nobody plays anyway.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Ernie's thing idk whatever it was early doesn't bother me.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i, too, am scum

SirSamVimes posted:

No, I'm sparticus.

I mean scum.
These I like much less because there is Actual Discussion happening-- so to post but not participate is a Scum Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
re: current discussion

MG3/Mags is really gungho about generating content and so far I don't see any ill (read: Scum) intention behind it.

Kashuno also reads neutral to me. Silly to get stuck on an Ernie vote and seems salty about past games.

**Kash, question for you: What do you think of dongs and Sam vs. Ernie?

For me, Ernie claimed earlier on when there were a lot of silly/pointless/null claims being thrown around. Those claims I don't care about.

• Locked thread