Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Nah it was probably Mask 2 cross-promotion.

That's Alan Cumming, not Steve Buscemi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Isn't this technically a spoiler? Haven't seen it yet, but the trailers make it look like that's the goal.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ruddiger posted:

Isn't this technically a spoiler? Haven't seen it yet, but the trailers make it look like that's the goal.

Their actual goal is to stop humans from eating them.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Their actual goal is to stop humans from eating them.

The goal was to treat their animators like poo poo and not pay them http://www.dorkly.com/post/80148/sausage-partys-animators-were-treated-like-poo poo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Vincent posted:

The goal was to treat their animators like poo poo and not pay them http://www.dorkly.com/post/80148/sausage-partys-animators-were-treated-like-poo poo

[extremely George Clooney voice]
And finally, I would say that, you know, we are a little bit out of touch in Hollywood every once in a while, I think. It's probably a good thing. We're the ones who talked about AIDS when it was just being whispered, and we talked about civil rights when it wasn't really popular. And we, you know, we bring up subjects, we are the ones—this Academy, this group of people gave Hattie McDaniel an Oscar in 1939 when blacks were still sitting in the backs of theaters. I'm proud to be a part of this Academy, proud to be part of this community, and proud to be out of touch. And I thank you so much for this.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
As someone who has worked in the animation industry, and since left it long ago, I can confirm it's largely poo poo work conditions all around.

Not at a top studio? Don't expect the pay to be decent. Long work hours, no benefits, every second person a prick because they think they're the next Disney or Miyazaki. Burnout animators from back in the cel-animation days who never made it, can't leave the industry, but never shut up about how computers ruined everything. Directors who want 8 takes of every scene, because "this mouth looks weird", on a character from a show no one cares about or watches. Ridiculous deadlines from the studios that if not met, will result in tens of thousands of dollars in fines PER DAY for your production studio. Which makes anyone in a position of authority a nervous wreck or a fire-breathing rear end in a top hat. Hey, you know that scene we budgeted 6 hours of work time to complete? I need it done in 9 minutes. Oh, what's that? That's not physically possible? Well clearly that's your fault and not the deadline that makes zero sense. Promises each person a credit in the film. Film comes out, only a company credit because the boss couldn't be bothered to round up a list of staff names in the 7 months they had to do it in. Oh, but the photocopy guy at the studio got a credit. I mean, clearly he has degrees in Tonerology and Printeronomy, so he HAS to get credit.

Me, bitter? Yeah.

Bit him, too.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hope Charlie Sheen's character from the original makes a cameo.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ruddiger posted:

Hope Charlie Sheen's character from the original makes a cameo.

I watched that movie a while back and man does he look like Gordon Freeman in it.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

well obviously to find that lost contact lens they dropped on earth.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

They came to get their frisbee back?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
The aliens worked very hard on their art school thesis.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The only exciting thing on that poster is "from the director of Sicario"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Mr. Squishy posted:

I thought the trailer was pretty dope.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The earth can only take meds in form of suppositories.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

teagone posted:

I thought the trailer was pretty dope.

Likewise.

Movie looks great. The poster should probably be the Amy Adams' hand against frosted glass moment from the trailer, with the weird alien suction cup on the other side.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The V has a camel toe.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Mr. Squishy posted:

Villenueve is one of the top-5 directors working today, so yea I'm gonna be hyped for anything he puts out. A big budget alien invasion movie is just a bonus, can't wait to see what he does with it.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man
I'm interested to see how his style holds up when he's not working with Roger Deakins. Trailer looks good.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Mousepractice posted:

I'm interested to see how his style holds up when he's not working with Roger Deakins.

Check out Enemy or Incendies if you haven't.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

morestuff posted:

Check out Enemy or Incendies if you haven't.

He's working with Bradford Young, who DP'd Selma, so I'm fully on the hype train.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

X-Ray Pecs posted:

He's working with Bradford Young, who DP'd Selma, so I'm fully on the hype train.

Oh awesome, he also did A Most Violent Year which is one of my favorite-looking movies from the past few years

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tyler Perry's Booooooooooooooo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Madea Scared Stupid is finally a thing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Has Madea done a version of every Ernest movie yet?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rirse posted:

Has Madea done a version of every Ernest movie yet?

All that's missing is Madea In The Army and Madea Goes To Africa which could be more offensive than its Ernest counterpart.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Movie looks spooky.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I may finally see a Madea movie.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Shoulda been Madea's face but done up like the Michael Myers mask. Or if they wanted to stay with the witch theme, do a spoof on Halloween 3's poster.

I like the tag line tho.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

ruddiger posted:

Shoulda been Madea's face but done up like the Michael Myers mask. Or if they wanted to stay with the witch theme, do a spoof on Halloween 3's poster.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ruddiger posted:

I like the tag line tho.

They will all happen.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

This is the most heavy-handed "they finished your mom's dildo" joke I've seen.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Palpek posted:

This is the most heavy-handed "they finished your mom's dildo" joke I've seen.

Don't be stupid.

That's clearly his moms diaphragm.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Something about the surface texture is all wrong. It doesn't look like it's that big. It looks like a little polished pebble that has been enlarged (which it probably is).

Needs more greebles.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I just hope the new Maedea movie has zero melodrama and one million Maedea talkin' mad poo poo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

God is real.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

X-Ray Pecs posted:

He's also directing the Blade Runner sequel with Deakins DP'ing it. So.. yeah that'll be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Tyler Perry is great because he makes money creating films for people who are ignored by Hollywood.