Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidnose posted:

I am really busy with this first week of school but I will have time to catch up tomorrow. When is deadline?
Hi Quid.

Remember our last game together? :sparkles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'll help votefinder out

##vote kashuno
HEY TASTE HOWS IT GOING WHOS A SCUM?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

You forget to fake being Town earlier and started compensating, yuming?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Jedit posted:

You forget to fake being Town earlier and started compensating, yuming?
<:mad:> you callin' me a scum or what.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

re: current discussion

MG3/Mags is really gungho about generating content and so far I don't see any ill (read: Scum) intention behind it.

Kashuno also reads neutral to me. Silly to get stuck on an Ernie vote and seems salty about past games.

**Kash, question for you: What do you think of dongs and Sam vs. Ernie?

For me, Ernie claimed earlier on when there were a lot of silly/pointless/null claims being thrown around. Those claims I don't care about.

Mags is creating fake discussion.

I don't remember the last game I played with Ernie.

Dongs is hard for me to get a read on, but I feel town on SSV right now

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kashuno posted:

Are you calling Mags scummy?

Like does "fake discussion" equal discussion lead by scum who want to control things, or?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

Are you calling Mags scummy?

Like does "fake discussion" equal discussion lead by scum who want to control things, or?

I mean it's not really creating a lot of content and is pretty much trying to get clarification from me repeatedly. Not sure if scummy or he thinks I am scum and is trying to force me into a corner

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I have an bad feeling about Pmom.

Here have a vote,

##vote Pmom

Why?

Pmom's posts are centered around the main discussion points (Ernie claim, content game) but they all are just general comments like "this is stupid." Magnus called Pmom scummy (here.)

(Then) Pmom votes Mags for calling out players via post-count list. Pmom votes him without an explicit explanation and still isn't engaging in discussion.

Thinking to my own play as scum I think I'm more likely to throw out this kind of snipe-y vote because it's easy. It's open ended.

And overall I get bad vibes. Thoughts?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kashuno posted:

I mean it's not really creating a lot of content and is pretty much trying to get clarification from me repeatedly. Not sure if scummy or he thinks I am scum and is trying to force me into a corner
Yea I got a bit bored reading the points made between you two. I was reading last night but got too sleepy there, ha!

I'd like to hear your case for Ernie over dongs and Sam taking into account current game context.

Kashuno posted:

I am against scum claiming d1. It's either scum trying to slide through the day as "haha I was so joking guys scum would never do that!" or town trying to muddy the waters. Jokephase as an excuse is asinine and I don't care for it.
I don't get why it's Ernie only Ernie no one else but the other claims are just "eh whatever" to you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

You have a town read on SSV even though he only has about 7 posts since the game started AND he scum claimed?

SirSamVimes posted:

No, I'm sparticus.

I mean scum.

It feels like you're being incredibly fake here and I don't agree at all that Mags is creating fake discussion.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

yuming posted:

I have an bad feeling about Pmom.

Here have a vote,

##vote Pmom

Why?

Pmom's posts are centered around the main discussion points (Ernie claim, content game) but they all are just general comments like "this is stupid." Magnus called Pmom scummy (here.)

(Then) Pmom votes Mags for calling out players via post-count list. Pmom votes him without an explicit explanation and still isn't engaging in discussion.

Thinking to my own play as scum I think I'm more likely to throw out this kind of snipe-y vote because it's easy. It's open ended.

And overall I get bad vibes. Thoughts?

I could also get behind this case as well.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

You have a town read on SSV even though he only has about 7 posts since the game started AND he scum claimed?

It feels like you're being incredibly fake here and I don't agree at all that Mags is creating fake discussion.

SSV is a much different player and it is much more of a joke there than in Ernies post. Stop being obtuse

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Like people in this game seem to refuse to consider context which is dumb as gently caress

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's really not that hard to look at things in context and see how they are different, especially when they concern different players, but people want to grasp at poo poo tier straws

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kashuno posted:

It's really not that hard to look at things in context and see how they are different, especially when they concern different players, but people want to grasp at poo poo tier straws

Hey Kashuno,

It's me, I'm the scum!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

Hey Kashuno,

It's me, I'm the scum!

I believe you are scum as I think as the first person to do the scum claim jam in the way you did comes across as scumming trying to get by on the joke

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

SSV is a much different player and it is much more of a joke there than in Ernies post. Stop being obtuse

This is bullshit. You're stance is that ANY scum claim is bad:

Kashuno posted:

I am against scum claiming d1. It's either scum trying to slide through the day as "haha I was so joking guys scum would never do that!" or town trying to muddy the waters. Jokephase as an excuse is asinine and I don't care for it.

But now you're giving a pass to SSV even though his came later in the game. IMO, Ernie's claim was just as obviously a joke because of the way it came in response to Opop's question. Since you want me to look at the context, here it is:

Retro makes this post:

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm going to try something here.

Ernie are you scum?

And Ernie answers with:

Ernie. posted:

hi, opop!

yes!

thanks for asking, it saved us lots of trouble.

It's clearly a glib and jokey answer.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
But now you're giving a pass to SSV even though his came later in the game

KEY POINT

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

But now you're giving a pass to SSV even though his came later in the game

KEY POINT

I'm ignoring all of them because I feel they are all jokes and I'm not the one who said "I'm against D1 scum claiming'

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And actually, if anything, I would ultimately be more suspicious of the the SSV one because while it looks like an obvious joke, it could easily be the real claim covered up in a late joke.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think scum claiming is stupid as gently caress and should stop. I can feel SSV is town, and still wouldn't be opposed if he got lynched for scum claiming. Same with dongs. Ernie's came across worse than any other, and I believe he's seriously scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

:psyduck: ##vote kash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
whoa wow great contribution fam

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Thanks.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO THE CONTEXT OF MY "SCUM CLAIM" GOD

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
B A D S Q U A D

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I find it weird TMM is the one pushing me, yet isn't voting me but meanwhile RF jumps on with no content and TT has no discussion to speak of. At least MG3 put something forward, and TMM is willing to actually engage in playing the game.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
still think mags tracker claim is worse than either scum claim

i trust drunk me implicitly on this matter

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

but what about moat??

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

but what about moat??

drunk me had a neutral read on moat, sober me doesn't trust anyone who agrees with me too much

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
but it's date night tonight so drunk me will be available before deadline

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

I find it weird TMM is the one pushing me, yet isn't voting me but meanwhile RF jumps on with no content and TT has no discussion to speak of. At least MG3 put something forward, and TMM is willing to actually engage in playing the game.

You're arguing a lot of stuff in bad faith. You strike me as someone who is just swinging wildly trying to tag anyone you can as scum and hoping something sticks and trying to argue that people need to read context when you're going after someone who is very clearly joking in context rubs me the wrong way

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

You're arguing a lot of stuff in bad faith. You strike me as someone who is just swinging wildly trying to tag anyone you can as scum and hoping something sticks and trying to argue that people need to read context when you're going after someone who is very clearly joking in context rubs me the wrong way

Weird because I'm not trying to anyone I can as scum, I'm pushing Ernie. I haven't voted anyone else, and have actually said that I'm unsure on both TMM and MG3.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

Weird because I'm not trying to anyone I can as scum, I'm pushing Ernie. I haven't voted anyone else, and have actually said that I'm unsure on both TMM and MG3.

Quietly throwing shade on people counts

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I forgot I'm not allowed to find people suspicious here

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Hey BK can you put this in the OP:

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Welp nevermind looks like that doesn't work anymore lol

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I thought deadline was tonight and I was worried like "where is everyone" but the deadline's tomorrow

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

people dont lynch people d1 anymore, or, in fact, ever b/c mafia is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

yuming posted:

Hi Quid.

Remember our last game together? :sparkles: