Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013
My team is the best team fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

togetic is cute but togekiss is fail, there's an opinion for ya

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just got Alpha Sapphire and I want to know what are good and strong Pokemon to have in my team

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

some crazy clutch finishes today. hoo boy

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

some crazy clutch finishes today. hoo boy

Who has the strongest Groudon

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Calaveron posted:

I just got Alpha Sapphire and I want to know what are good and strong Pokemon to have in my team

Shroomish into Breloom is good, if you didn't pick Tree Swordlizard (or maybe you did, and you just want a good fightin'). Aron can be caught pretty early and is very sturdy. Electrike is probably your earliest possible electric-type, but if you like Magnemite (you like Magnemite) you can get one in New Mauville as soon as you get Surf, or on Route 110 if you get lucky with hordes.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

mabels big day posted:

Who has the strongest Groudon

the fire punch/p-blades groudon are better than the eruption/earth power variants i think

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

Skarmory is fun and Numel is v. good if you never ever let it get near a puddle of water.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I want to play the new Pokemon game.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Calaveron posted:

Ludicolo, Altaria, Roserade, Camerupt, Breloom, Heracross, Flygon, any of the starters

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Super No Vacancy posted:

togetic is cute but togekiss is fail, there's an opinion for ya

This is a correct opinion. Togekiss is hideous.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i love togetic AND togekiss

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Internet Kraken posted:

This is a correct opinion. Togekiss is hideous.

Your feelings and opinions are hideous

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

FishBulb posted:

Your feelings and opinions are hideous

Fortunately I am not a Pokemon.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

sharrrk posted:

i love togetic AND togekiss

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

togekiss makes me think of the song Jet Airliner, but the radio version where they say "stuff" going down in the city instead

e: because it's a plane

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pokken World's update, Japanese Machamp makes it to Grand Finals, defeating worthy adversary Japanese Weavile, who also effortlessly demolished the weak American players to get that far, in an intense 5 game set

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Togekiss is good.

Though the whole line is really weird and none of them seem to flow into the next at all.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Pokken World's update, Japanese Machamp makes it to Grand Finals, defeating worthy adversary Japanese Weavile, who also effortlessly demolished the weak American players to get that far, in an intense 5 game set

weavile player should have picked a non 4x weak to fighting pokemon, what was he thinking

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Zore posted:

Togekiss is good.

Though the whole line is really weird and none of them seem to flow into the next at all.

they're birds who are also eggs

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It's laughable how much better japan is at Pokken than the rest of the world. They might as well put random children against them. It's pathetic.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

weavile player should have picked a non 4x weak to fighting pokemon, what was he thinking

He's choosing Mewtwo now

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

there's 0 japanese players in the vgc top cut right now. last year 7 of the top 8 were japanese

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

oddium posted:

they're birds who are also eggs

Togepi is an egg, Togetic absorbed its shell and grew wings and then Togekiss is a jet.

Like, I like all their designs but there's some serious whiplash between them.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

mabels big day posted:

It's laughable how much better japan is at Pokken than the rest of the world. They might as well put random children against them. It's pathetic.

OTOH hey did not make a single seat in the top cut 24 in vgc this year. Guess they are all playing Pokken now.

E:fb
Is anyone else watching the stream having an audio desync?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

He's choosing Mewtwo now

oh thats not fair, bringing an uber to what was clearly ou, auto disqualify him

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Machamp destroyed the ultimate lifeform, Mewtwo, and now has to deal with the last ditch effort Chandelure, and now he looks like a lost child.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Japan has had Pokken longer than America has, so it makes sense that they'd have more skilled players in the very first year Pokken is at World's.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Calaveron posted:

I know it's kind of a cliche thing to say, but I really like the Ralts line. You can catch one early on route 102.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Catch a lotad early!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm mad that it took until grand finals for someone to chump the machamp player properly.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Machamp destroyed the ultimate lifeform, Mewtwo, and now has to deal with the last ditch effort Chandelure, and now he looks like a lost child.

This game is bullshit.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i'm mad that it took until grand finals for someone to chump the machamp player properly.

He would have beaten any non-japanese Chandelure.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

He would have beaten any non-japanese Chandelure.

i could have kicked his rear end, easy

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Azazel dishonored his foe by forcing him to switch off of both Weavile and Mewtwo

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Calaveron posted:

Lotad line, Ralts line, Taillow line, Aron line, Shroomish line, Slakoth line (no, really), Elektrike line, Trapinch line, any of the starters...Apart from those last two, all of them are available before the second gym. ORAS probably has the best assortment of early Pokémon of any game in the series. It's one of the only things I'll rank it over other entries.

Later in the game you get access to a bunch of good water types like Corphish, Feebas, and Spheal, but they're almost too late. And of course, poo poo wreckers like Beldum and Bagon who also come super late, but are amazing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I can't wait until I can start trading online so one of you dear friends can send me a larvitar

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

Lotad line, Ralts line, Taillow line, Aron line, Shroomish line, Slakoth line (no, really), Elektrike line, Trapinch line, any of the starters...Apart from those last two, all of them are available before the second gym. ORAS probably has the best assortment of early Pokémon of any game in the series. It's one of the only things I'll rank it over other entries.

Later in the game you get access to a bunch of good water types like Corphish, Feebas, and Spheal, but they're almost too late. And of course, poo poo wreckers like Beldum and Bagon who also come super late, but are amazing.

isn't bagon almost post-game? or like it comes so late using it for the e4 would have to involve grinding, and gently caress doing that

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well that thread title didn't last long, which is annoying cause I prefer mine. drat these mods and their text changing powers :argh:

The title still works though, so oh well. Enjoy all the wonderful monsters, thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

mandatory lesbian posted:

isn't bagon almost post-game? or like it comes so late using it for the e4 would have to involve grinding, and gently caress doing that

Yeah, it's why I said it came super late. It sucks when Game Freak does that. I had to get someone to trade me a Noibat early on in Y because the little dude doesn't even show up until Terminus Cave which is like...between gym 7 and 8, I think.

It makes a lot more sense to distribute all of the unevolved Pokémon by gym 5 at the latest, and the rest of the new wild encounters should be legends/evolved Pokémon.