Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ocrassus posted:

This girl knows exactly what she is doing.

that';s very mean of her, if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Tears In A Vial posted:

Keith Chegwin

ok prolly not that last one

Cheggers plays cock

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

that';s very mean of her, if true
Girls are pretty much the creators of 'grooming' the insecure and lost.

Facts:

i)Jimmy Saville was obsessed with his mother

ii) Norman Bates

ii) Adolf Hitler

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dunno know that I've ever seen someone blame the holocaust on women before

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

well we have to blame someone

client
Aug 19, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

somebody hasnt seen the documentary "ilsa: she wolf of the ss"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Moridin920 posted:

The Vienna Academy of Fine Arts has unjustly born the brunt of the blame for far too long!

naem
May 29, 2011

According to the movie "max" wwII was caused by John cusack

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0290210/

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

The sad thing is he isn't a bad looking guy. He could be with someone equally good looking that appreciates him physically as well as emotionally. I hope he doesn't waste his life in pursuit of something that will never happen.

I don't blame her at all. Just because a girl is nice to you doesn't mean she wants to gently caress you nor is she obligated to.

drat, this thread just got a lot more depressing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
She isn't morally culpable for stringing him along as long as it's unintentional. Ideally she would realize what's going on and let him down gently, at which point he would ideally give up gracefully, but not realizing what's going on isn't a sin

Of course ideally she wouldn't have to because the guy would either make his feelings clear, or, if she's not single, give up of his own accord

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

cheetah7071 posted:

She isn't morally culpable for stringing him along as long as it's unintentional

well yeah, but how likely is that

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cumslut1895 posted:

well yeah, but how likely is that

she called his dumb rear end gay in that post she's straight clowning him and it's his own obliviousness that is allowing it to happen

e: oh wait I can't read for poo poo yea it's def intentional

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Well then she should stop that it's not nice

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
some girls that age legitimately think that "Friend" entails what is essentially a worshiper so she may not see anything out of place.

I mean come on, the guy is probably constantly fawning over her, complimenting her, buying her things, doing things for her and putting her on a pedestal which makes her feel pretty nice. She probably doesn't actually get the full scope of the situation and won't until the guy professes his love to her and goes apeshit when she turns him down after "Everything he has done"

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

In every photo she looks so amazing! :allears:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I don't think she looks so great, honestly.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

they're both pretty average looking other than his expression suggests he is missing an important part of his brain

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
What is that famous saying? It's better to die on your feet than to continue living on your knees.

Sever..

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
What I mean is that she's picked out the 'best' photo from each photoshoot without even looking at or considering Keith's facial expressions.

Blue Train posted:

they're both pretty average looking other than his expression suggests he is missing an important part of his brain

Maybe that's it. :saddowns:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Moridin920 posted:

They're half of society. Half of it is on them.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Let me tell you about my brother.

he is 28. he lives at home with my parents. he has never had a girlfriend. he has a single bed. he has no car. he works full time, earns mad bank, and pays zero rent, borrowing my parents car when he needs it or getting a ride to the train station to get to work. he gets picked up each night from the same station. he never cooks or prepares his own food - he will only eat a small menu of items that my mother prepares, and if she is not there he will get fast food. The last time they went on holiday, he stayed home to feed the cat and had different fast food each of the 10 days they were gone (my mother left him the money to pay for it too)

fun stories:
he once liked a girl, and for several years made zero attempts to show this. his best friend eventually started to fall for her, gave him fair warning that he should make a move first, which he said 'gently caress you, i have dibs, i have the right to take as long as I want, the timing is not right'. eventually his friend dated the girl for about a year and then broke up. hes been bitter about it ever since.

he liked another girl, and her computer broke. I work in IT and he asked me to go to her house to fix it. I laughed and agreed, with the understanding that I dont work for free and would gladly fix it at my usual friends-rates prices. He was shocked that I would ask for money (I was equally shocked he would near-exactly play out the 5-mile printer story but get me to do all the hard work) she agreed to pay and was cool but the whole time I was there she was like 'god drat your brother is like a lost puppy around me. I just got out of a rough relationship and hes being all ultra nice guy on me and its just so obvious that he thinks he can get me to like him by being a door mat. its really sad.'

during that whole second saga, he helped her move, with my parents car, drove 1hr to pick her up and take her home to her house another 2hrs away from where she was, and all this time had a friend of hers ACTUALLY WANTING TO DATE HIM which he ignored entirely.

I have tried every which way of explaining to him that if you like someone you just tell them and if they dont like you back its painful but otherwise OK and you can go about your life, but he doesnt understand that at all, and figures if he is nice enough to someone HE likes, they will like him back eventually.

I mean the rabbit hole goes way further down than this, hes probably autistic or aspergers or whatever, but god drat basically everything in this thread is just my_brother.txt

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
The secret to getting laid is going to college. I was a huge dork in high school, and after the first 2 weekends at school I slept with 2 different girls. One was an Asian senior who loved giving blowjobs. She just loved suckin dick. This went on for months. I'm only bragging cause I just got out of a slump and no one should be that long with out sex ever. Keep your grades up kids and it will happen. Seriously, it's so easy. I remember one girl saying she couldn't have sex with me because she had a boyfriend, but she could blow me if I wanted. I had met her like 2 hours earlier at a party, she was visiting her cousin.

Another time I was hitting on this blonde girl and she's like I know who you are, my roommate is Jessica (we fooled around). Ouch, shot down, I got no chance. I end up going to the bar, strike out, and she's still at my house when I get back. I'm so drunk at this point. She tells me, "I'll have sex with you if you spell my name right." Done, easy, Kristen. "Nope." Kristin? "Nope." Who the gently caress spells Krysten with a Y was all I was thinking while I banged her that night. For a solid month, no matter when, I could text her and we'd gently caress. Never took her on a date, was never seen in public with her, just sex. Were these girls cute? Kinda. Nothing to brag about, but they were fun. Anyways, go study now if you want to stop being a virgin.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Yomofo posted:

The secret to getting laid is going to college. I was a huge dork in high school, and after the first 2 weekends at school I slept with 2 different girls. One was an Asian senior who loved giving blowjobs. She just loved suckin dick. This went on for months. I'm only bragging cause I just got out of a slump and no one should be that long with out sex ever. Keep your grades up kids and it will happen. Seriously, it's so easy. I remember one girl saying she couldn't have sex with me because she had a boyfriend, but she could blow me if I wanted. I had met her like 2 hours earlier at a party, she was visiting her cousin.

Another time I was hitting on this blonde girl and she's like I know who you are, my roommate is Jessica (we fooled around). Ouch, shot down, I got no chance. I end up going to the bar, strike out, and she's still at my house when I get back. I'm so drunk at this point. She tells me, "I'll have sex with you if you spell my name right." Done, easy, Kristen. "Nope." Kristin? "Nope." Who the gently caress spells Krysten with a Y was all I was thinking while I banged her that night. For a solid month, no matter when, I could text her and we'd gently caress. Never took her on a date, was never seen in public with her, just sex. Were these girls cute? Kinda. Nothing to brag about, but they were fun. Anyways, go study now if you want to stop being a virgin.

you forgot the part about the science experiment in the chemistry classroom that transformed your goony rear end into the slick suave sex machine presented here yo. I wanted to hear that part of the story because :science:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Yomofo posted:

I was an awkward and timid fucker that was still getting over his own Nice Guyness by the time I hit college so no sex for me :(

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I kinda get how all these dudes thing 'cause this could have been me (maybe).

Like I vividly remember a conversation with a highschool buddy of mine were we thought blowjobs look loving amazing and hot, but if our (theoretical) girlfriends ever gave us one, we'd let them but then break up with them immediately because only a WHORE would do something like that.

:cry:

The cringe is really strong. In my defense we were like 15 at the time and had never touched a tittie.

cnut
May 3, 2016

ravenkult posted:

In my defense we were like 15 at the time and had never touched a tittie.

Still...

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Yomofo posted:

This guy fucks!

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

She isn't morally culpable for stringing him along as long as it's unintentional. Ideally she would realize what's going on and let him down gently, at which point he would ideally give up gracefully, but not realizing what's going on isn't a sin

Of course ideally she wouldn't have to because the guy would either make his feelings clear, or, if she's not single, give up of his own accord

She is explicitly signalling that she and him are not an item. That's fine, but a little odd don't you think? Normal friends, including friends who are members of the opposite gender, don't do that. The reason this happens is because the friendzonee often does things that could be mistaken for the actions of an intimate partner (gifts, emotional support, physical proximity). Rather than say to the guy, 'look you're going a bit too far by buying me a freaking iPhone, when We both know that I'm your only friend who you spend so much on', she has to make it clear that she is still available and is the one receiving, not giving. I think when someone you care about as a friend does pretty crazy nice things for you above and beyond your other friendships, you should suspect there is more to it than just being friends and explicitly lay your cards on the table so you're both on the same page.

Yeah it's lovely that you have to play around the misogynistic and oftentimes vile personality traits that lead men to believing they can essentially decide that their own 'niceness' means they should be with you. That said, if you care about someone you've friend zoned then you should keep a solid distance between you, and not accept behaviour that leaves the boundaries of a normal friendship.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ocrassus posted:

friendzonee
stopped reading here, recommend others do the same

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Ocrassus posted:

I think when someone you care about as a friend does pretty crazy nice things for you above and beyond your other friendships, you should suspect there is more to it than just being friends and explicitly lay your cards on the table so you're both on the same page.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
for some reason its hard for young men to stop pursuing women who arent interested, but it's the single most important lesson of all

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Why did Dracula feel sad?

Because the girl he liked put him in the Fiend Zone!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

LegoPirateNinja posted:

for some reason its hard for young men to stop pursuing women who arent interested, but it's the single most important lesson of all

ftfy

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Stuntman posted:

stopped reading here, recommend others do the same

Having unrequited romantic feelings for someone is something that happens and is not the sole province of MRA Redditor fedora lords. If you genuinely dispute that, I'd have to question the degree to which you're in touch with this little thing we call the human experience.

Obviously there's a right way and a wrong way to deal with such feelings, but it's not always as simple as just turning them off like a light switch. That's not how....anything works.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol if you unironically use the term friendzone to refer to that concept

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

SneakyFrog posted:

you forgot the part about the science experiment in the chemistry classroom that transformed your goony rear end into the slick suave sex machine presented here yo. I wanted to hear that part of the story because :science:

This summer forums user Yomofo is going from lab partner *montage of bespectacled nerd using an inhaler, dropping his books and getting an atomic wedgie*... to labia parter *yomofo emerges from a cloud of chemical smoke sans glasses, with slightly better hair and inexplicably wearing a leather jacket*.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Stuntman posted:

lol if you unironically use the term friendzone to refer to that concept

i know plenty of women that refer to it as that.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
alternatively:

Groovelord Neato posted:

i know plenty of women
this isnt the STDH thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

the weeknd used the term friendzone, and his lyrics would have me believe that he fucks with great regularity.

• Locked thread