Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

If I already have REmake and RE0 is there any real reason to get the HD port other than it being HD, having trophies, and getting to use a ds4 instead of a wavebird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They both add non-tank camera relative controls that make them super easy but other than that I don't think there are any differences other than HD graphics.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Len posted:

If I already have REmake and RE0 is there any real reason to get the HD port other than it being HD, having trophies, and getting to use a ds4 instead of a wavebird?

RE0 actually looks pretty great thanks to them finding the original resource files, also it has a dumb Wesker mode extra which looks pretty stupid.

Other than that neither has any real benefit except on PC where they run at 60fps, you can mod out the door opening scenes and add back the original audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdp28ve-6Aw

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Len posted:

You get to revel in the fact that you're telling Capcom that people want more games like that with your wallet.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mogomra posted:

You get to revel in the fact that you're telling Capcom that people want more games like that with your wallet.

I'd probably be buying it used though

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Capcom is having a sale on it's titles right now including Resident Evil Games For Steam. RE 4/5/ and 6 bundle is currently 30 bucks but you don't get the DLC with it so that's a letdown :sigh:

Edit: Remake and RE 0 HD are over 20 bucks for the whole set so thats not bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theres a new trailer for RE7 that just has the player playing hide and seek with a murderous grandma in a very similar sort of building as the demo. i hope they show off some combat and cool environments soon

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, why couldn't someone just subdue an evil grandma with wrestling moves?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Serious Frolicking posted:

uh, why couldn't someone just subdue an evil grandma with wrestling moves?

or at least hide behind a boulder and punch it at her

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you don't have to be chris "man mountain" redfield or jake "tyrant puncher" muller to fight off an old lady

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Serious Frolicking posted:

you don't have to be chris "man mountain" redfield or jake "tyrant puncher" muller to fight off an old lady

if ashley can suplex cultists then whoever the camera lady is can take that old lady

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe camera girl has sickle cell anemia or something and can't physically fight an old woman off.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Guys, Grandma has a lantern. A LANTERN. Do you have any idea how powerful lanterns are when used by grandmas and how SPOOKY the prospect of dealing with a lantern wielding grandma is???

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Fereydun posted:

the real re7 will be a chris redfield pumping iron simulator
show us the guns, chris

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mogomra posted:

Guys, Grandma has a lantern. A LANTERN. Do you have any idea how powerful lanterns are when used by grandmas and how SPOOKY the prospect of dealing with a lantern wielding grandma is???
If she has a Grudge Knife as well, then all bets are off.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I dunno she's a teleporting Grandma, you'll probably go for the suplex and she'll do some QTE bullshit to get out of it.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
QTE chain grappling sequence that ends in a stalemate and light applause coming from the aether.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
it's wesker's grandma

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Doing WWE moves on the grandma is a pre order bonus.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

PunkBoy posted:

QTE chain grappling sequence that ends in a stalemate and light applause coming from the aether.
Krauser's mom?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
May be a shot in the dark but does anyone want to run through RE5 with me?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
What system? I could do it on PS3 or PC.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Son Ryo posted:

What system? I could do it on PS3 or PC.

I'm on the PC. Panzeh on steam.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I have 30 bucks to burn on Steam. Should I get the Remakes or should i spend a bit more for the RE collection? putting this up to you folks

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spiffster posted:

I have 30 bucks to burn on Steam. Should I get the Remakes or should i spend a bit more for the RE collection? putting this up to you folks

What comes in the collection?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

What comes in the collection?

4/5/6/ both revelations. 57 and change

remakes are 20 and change

i can get a gift card from a bud if i go the prior option.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
You can get the games individually for cheaper than 57 bucks with all the DLC though without revelations. When you buy the 57 pack you are getting RE6 with no dlc and possibly 5 without dlc.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spiffster posted:

4/5/6/ both revelations. 57 and change

remakes are 20 and change

i can get a gift card from a bud if i go the prior option.

Yeah, I'd say get the Remakes and then pick up whichever of the others you're interested int. It doesn't look like the collection saves you much.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Panzeh posted:

You can get the games individually for cheaper than 57 bucks with all the DLC though without revelations. When you buy the 57 pack you are getting RE6 with no dlc and possibly 5 without dlc.

didnt notice they also had 4/5/6 for 30... with no dlc

edit: i type good :downs:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://youtu.be/EpaBny7nH0k?t=56

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
REMake is a horror game. 4 is an action game with some horror mixed in. 5 and 6 are straight action.

It depends what you want.

I never bothered with Revelations 1 because I didn't like the way it looked, but Revelations 2 is... polarizing. I liked it, but didn't think it was fantastic, and most others seemed to hate it.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
as much as I want to get the other games, I feel the Remakes are the best fit for me. plus it's cheaper.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Backhand posted:

I never bothered with Revelations 1 because I didn't like the way it looked, but Revelations 2 is... polarizing. I liked it, but didn't think it was fantastic, and most others seemed to hate it.

I will seriously vouch for Revelations 2 as one of the better games in the whole series. Like, it's possibly one of the few with genuinely competent writing which is so loving refreshing from this series.

I would agree that it's not "fantastic" but I'd rate it very solid.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I will seriously vouch for Revelations 2 as one of the better games in the whole series. Like, it's possibly one of the few with genuinely competent writing which is so loving refreshing from this series.

I would agree that it's not "fantastic" but I'd rate it very solid.

I played Revelations with a friend who usually never plays action games and it worked perfectly, since only one of you needs to use guns. Most of the time. It's one of my favorites in the series.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 22, 2016

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rev 2 is awesome because Barry's dad joke game is on point.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the writing was the best part of rev2, which is so amazing a concept that i'm surprised it was counted as a re game.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So I'm planning on buying a PS4 soon and will be getting Rev2 for it.

Is Rev1 playable on a PS4 as well?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I'm a bit late to the RE7 chat - is it related to the other games? Like with Umbrella and zombies and stuff? I saw a trailer but had to check I was watching the right thing because it looked like another "first person run and hide from thing" game like Amnesia or Outlast or Alien Isolation.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nexus6 posted:

I'm a bit late to the RE7 chat - is it related to the other games? Like with Umbrella and zombies and stuff? I saw a trailer but had to check I was watching the right thing because it looked like another "first person run and hide from thing" game like Amnesia or Outlast or Alien Isolation.

Yeah, they've confirmed it is connected to the other games. It's actually after RE6 despite the old fashioned atmosphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Raxivace posted:

So I'm planning on buying a PS4 soon and will be getting Rev2 for it.

Is Rev1 playable on a PS4 as well?

I'm...not sure! I think Rev1 got ported to the PS3 instead. And because the PS3 was bizzarely constructed games for it aren't compatible with the PS4.