Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I have a policy against poo poo-talkers!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

alcharagia posted:

WAS IT YOU ZEN MASTER BULLSHIT

I FEAR NOTHING FROM YOU ALCHARAGIA

I am the pokemon master, the rest of you cannot even hope to reach my level.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I FEAR NOTHING FROM YOU ALCHARAGIA

I am the pokemon master, the rest of you cannot even hope to reach my level.

*breathes heavily* Take it back, you motherfucker! Take it back!!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Magcargo is cool but loving blows tremendous donkey rear end

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
magcargo was my preferred egg hatching guy until they made talonflame who can both speed up eggs hatching and fly in one slot :rip:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Take it to Wi-Fi you two.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Alabaster White posted:

Zoness posted:

magcargo was my preferred egg hatching guy until they made talonflame who can both speed up eggs hatching and fly in one slot :rip:

Crosspeice posted:

Take it to Wi-Fi you two.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i liked that tropius with flame body and 4 hm moves you could get from gts spoofing back in the day. i hope it's doing ok

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Alabaster White posted:

Sad but true. He was one of my favorite pokemon as a kid but he's just unbearably awful now.

Zoness posted:

At least if they keep soar then having fly won't really be necessary.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Cute! Cool! Rockin! Squishy! A true champion of disadvantaged Pokemon and a good parent to its many children! Magcargo is deeply epic and great and it's hosed up they haven't made him good somehow yet!!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

alcharagia posted:

Cute! Cool! Rockin! Squishy! A true champion of disadvantaged Pokemon and a good parent to its many children! Magcargo is deeply epic and great and it's hosed up they haven't made him good somehow yet!!

You watch, he'll get a poison/steel Alola form that trades off defense for more attack!

:shepicide:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

alcharagia posted:

Thanks for reminding me that I have to breed love ball slugmas and wonder trade them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Is there a way to gain affection with Slugma in Aime?

it keeps burning my hand :(

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Magcargo is cool and good and only a victim of unfortunate speed stats and terrible dual typing.

Trust me, I'm a bug trainer and I know all about terrible dual typing and speed stats.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ka0 posted:

Magcargo is cool and good and only a victim of unfortunate speed stats and terrible dual typing.

Trust me, I'm a bug trainer and I know all about terrible dual typing and speed stats.

:sigh: Yeah, yeah. Yeah. Yeah...

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
just pretend heatran evolves from magcargo and it changed rock to steel, just like how steelix evolves from onyx.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I also like Heatran a lot

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Pokemon that are related to legendaries but aren't really legendaries suck though. There's never any hope for them to get better.

RIP Phione, Carbink especially.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Ka0 posted:

This is the reason I love Trick Room since it helps my friend Escavalier Lancealot.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what the heck is carbink

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
what's a good mono-gen 2 team?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Zore posted:

Is there a way to gain affection with Slugma in Aime?

it keeps burning my hand :(

You gotta feed it puffs and play games with it... I know how you feel, Shedinja is an empty cicada shell and cannot eat

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Tired Moritz posted:

Smeargle, Miltank or Lanturn, Skarmory, Pinsir or Tyranitar, Blissey and Heracross.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Scizor, Tyranitar, Skarmory, M-Heracross, Suicune, Raikou would probably be a decent start.

You could sub in Blissey for Raikou if you want something more stall-y

Ka0 posted:

Smeargle, Miltank or Lanturn, Skarmory, Pinsir or Tyranitar, Blissey and Heracross.

Pinsir is Gen 1 dude.

Zore fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 22, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zoness posted:

at least gen 2 didn't have an ice cream cone

or a bear that should definitely get a flu shot

or a whatever the gently caress avalugg is supposed to be
it's a table you bigot

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Dabir posted:

it's a table you bigot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Habakkuk

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I loved Gen II for the creativity of the designs, even if I may have been too young to notice exactly how bad they were. Ariados, Cyndaquil, Quagsire, Lanturn, and Ampharos were on my final team with Victreebel support.

Edit: Ho-oh, Donphan, Pineco, Magcargo and Murkrow get honorable mentions. Tyranitar is still my favorite pseudo-legendary. Even Sunkern is visually interesting and gets across exactly what it is, even if it was terrible in battle.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 22, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

no it's literally a table, you can put them in your secret base

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Gen 2 is a land of contrasts. Many strong designs, many weak pokemon. Every new generation redeems a few old-timers, however, so hope springs eternal.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Super No Vacancy posted:

what the heck is carbink

Extremely cute

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
alcharagia why didn't you link the good magcargo, who combos with his best pal ludicolo:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Super No Vacancy posted:

what the heck is carbink

not as good as Amatta

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
because I don't know anything about the pokemon card game except it has amazing art

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

the worst Pseudo-Legendary Design easily

your entire point just fell through like a Team Rocket pitfall beneath your feet with this statement alone

I will always defend Tyranitar so long as the rear end-cancer shitshow called Salamence exists

Literal play-doh coffee table with wings, absolute trash. Liquid poo poo brown mist on a piece of paper could result in a better design.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Man the card game has had some serious power creep since it was new, huh.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Bongo Bill posted:

Man the card game has had some serious power creep since it was new, huh.

i think it's more of a power ebb and flow since computer search used to be playable as a normal trainer where now it's only an ace spec, and scoop up is tied to a coin flip

on the other hand, pokemon can do upwards of 200 damage (240 for a night march user with 11 night marchers in the discard pile and a muscle band attached, before power and toughness calculations) or so starting on the second turn

Zoness fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 23, 2016

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Zore posted:

Scizor, Tyranitar, Skarmory, M-Heracross, Suicune, Raikou would probably be a decent start.

M-Heracross was not in Gen 2. That's a drat good pick though, all of those pokemon are things that come straight to mind when I think of Gen 2. Personally I'd work Ampharos in there because that evo line just immediately springs to mind but that might be erring on the side of iconic rather than actually good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mega Ampharos is extremely good.