Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Real friends don't make their Farfetch'd friends into HM slaves. :colbert:

real friends care about the emotional well-being of their friends, which includes keeping them feeling productive and appreciated in this capitalist hellscape, and for Farfetch'd thats as close as it comes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I know I'm late to shiny chat, but my shiny Vaporeon has every ribbon from Gen 4 to 6, and she is clearly super stunning.

I don't have too many other stories to tell about my shiny hunting, aside from the very first one I ever caught was an Onix back in Crystal.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Does Meis post here anymore? My only shiny was a Kirlia from their friend safari. I have a box full of cloned shiny Gardevoirs' with their mega stone named Meis I like to give to random people.

Got a bunch of shinies from Diamond after my friend used Action Replay to guarantee shinies when using the poke radar.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I like Azumarill, although it's very definitely in the "underwhelming gen 2 Pokemon that was dramatically improved by later gens" bracket.

Just this happy egg-shaped rabbit that also happens to be be a ridiculous powerhouse. Lapis was the lynchpin of my team in X, and it's so far the only mon I've bothered to breed a competitive version of (having that 3IV bonus of Azurill being in the Undiscovered egg group helped there).

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 23, 2016

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Internet Kraken posted:

Remember when everyone thought there must be M-Farchet'd because a guy at the start of the game will trade you one, and why else would they draw attention to it?

Because the start of the X and Y game is literally the only place where Farfetch'd could be of any use. Especially since the first gym leader uses Bug types.

Its stats are hot garbage compared to other fully evolved Pokémon, but its one of the stronger choices at the very beginning of the game where you have access to a few species and they all have yet to evolve (although wondertrade can bust leveling progression wide open). After beating the first gym, you gain access to an entire slew of options and Farfetch'd can be boxed forever.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Give Farfecht'd agility, swords dance and return. What are you guys, smogon?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ka0 posted:

Give Farfecht'd agility, swords dance and return. What are you guys, smogon?

it's already dead at swords dance

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Zuzie posted:

Because the start of the X and Y game is literally the only place where Farfetch'd could be of any use. Especially since the first gym leader uses Bug types.

Its stats are hot garbage compared to other fully evolved Pokémon, but its one of the stronger choices at the very beginning of the game where you have access to a few species and they all have yet to evolve (although wondertrade can bust leveling progression wide open). After beating the first gym, you gain access to an entire slew of options and Farfetch'd can be boxed forever.

Hey

Get this

Farfetch'd owns.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i liked that tropius with flame body and 4 hm moves you could get from gts spoofing back in the day. i hope it's doing ok

I had like 5 HOTBANANAs sitting around when I went back to my gen 4 games to transfer things up for banking :allears:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
DUX slayer of caterpies

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
is the one in X/Y still named DUX i've never made the trade

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
It's Quacklin' in X/Y and CH'DING in FireRed/LeafGreen

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

notoriousman posted:

It will always be DUX in my heart.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

notoriousman posted:

disgusting

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i went to america when i was 7, straight after pokemon blue had come out, and of the entire roadtrip between los angeles and las vegas i remember nothing except crying in a hotel bathroom because i traded away my abra and got a stupid rear end mr mime. the same has been true of my life. once i was a bright and shining star. men loved me. women loved me. the camera loved me. i was a silken sylphlike goddess of the aurora with a thigh gap like the capertee valley (second widest canyon in the world fyi) and in my depths a fleshy ember smouldered. this is not when i was 7 mind you, when i was 7 i was a child. but in time i became something more than a child... i became a woman. anyway long story short i can turn rice into risotto with just two cups of chicken stock and the atmospheric conditions of my most intimate spaces but it's both a blessing and a curse

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You made the right decision, you can always catch another Abra.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mr mime is not worth any pokemon

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

greatn posted:

You made the right decision, you can always catch another Abra.
it was just never the same after that

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Ruggington posted:

mr mime is not worth any pokemon

He's Flash trash. Who else are you going to teach Flash?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
http://twitter.com/CSU_Bromo/status/767582430718943232

Charizard has some moves.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I named my Farfetch'd in XY "Tahltael"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cerony posted:

Just make Farfetch'd your designated Flyer. That way he'll always be your friend even all the way through the postgame.

farfetch'd is flightless

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Quacklin' will forever have a place in my Pokemon bank

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

cheetah7071 posted:

Now that I'm using it, I have to bump Farfetch'd out of my top six favorites. I'm not sure what replaces it but nothing this weak can have such a central place in my heart

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.

cheetah7071 posted:

When I have children I will present them with a garchomp toy and a pikachu toy. Those that make the wrong choice will be dead to me

You joke, but it's a pretty cool day when your kid comes home from preschool talking about Pokemon.
And about how one of their classmates has one at home, but isn't allowed to bring it to school. :laugh:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nth Doctor posted:

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.

which is why I only love strong pokemon.

And Leavanny.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

When are they giving Luxray dark typing and strong jaw though I want my thundercat friend to be a master biter.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 23, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Bakalakadaka posted:

When are they giving Luxray dark typing and strong jaw though I want my thundercat friend to be a master biter.

Never because he has no reason to be a Dark type and we've had this conversation like every ten or so pages.

Strong Jaw would be nice though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I hope they make more abilities like Strong Jaw and Mega Launcher. They're really cool and give some love to underused move-types.

Also Iron Fist should really be buffed up to a 50% boost to put it in line with them imo.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Any Pokemon can be dark type as long as they're kind of an rear end in a top hat. Luxray can see through walls, just toss a pokedex entry in about it using the power to dig up bunnelby warrens or something and we're good.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Eox posted:

Any Pokemon can be dark type as long as they're kind of an rear end in a top hat. Luxray can see through walls, just toss a pokedex entry in about it using the power to dig up bunnelby warrens or something and we're good.

There are some Dark Types that aren't assholes!

Absol, Greninja, Pangoro, Umbreon, Shiftry and Sableye aren't at least.

The rest, yeah, you have a point.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zore posted:

protean definitely makes greninja an rear end in a top hat

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Nth Doctor posted:

You joke, but it's a pretty cool day when your kid comes home from preschool talking about Pokemon.
And about how one of their classmates has one at home, but isn't allowed to bring it to school. :laugh:

My three year old invented his own, Clancham(an alternate evolution of Pancham) and Tigreen. And when he watches the show and they get into battles he pretends he's Abra and helps out. He likes to tell me "I have 10 new Pokemon you don't have yet".

No matter how many times I tell him though, he believes Mew evolves into MewTwo. Just, no. No son.

greatn fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 23, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Arceus distribution says "With a special flute, Arceus could be encountered in the Hall of Origin in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl." Why are Nintendo allowed to spread these lies?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Zore posted:

Absol is the guy that looks like a kid's my first deviant art furry oc so he is an rear end in a top hat of tremendous proportions

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

The Arceus distribution says "With a special flute, Arceus could be encountered in the Hall of Origin in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl." Why are Nintendo allowed to spread these lies?

it's no lie, you could do it, with an action replay.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

greatn posted:

My three year old invented his own, Clancham(an alternate evolution of Pancham) and Tigreen. And when he watches the show and they get into battles he pretends he's Abra and helps out. He likes to tell me "I have 10 new Pokemon you don't have yet".

No matter how many times I tell him though, he believes Mew evolves into MewTwo. Just, no. No son.

Time to tell your kiddo about the Delibirds and the Combees.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zore posted:

All but Absol are at least kind of of dicks. Greninja deliberately toys with opponents using its speed and relatively weak shurikens to bleed them out, Pangoro is surly and violent even if it hates bullies, Shiftry is a tengu, Sableye is a gremlin, and Umbreon spews poison sweat when it gets mad.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I like that absol gets a bad rap because it shows up when disasters show up, it's a cool pokedex entry.

I wish mega absol were better but it was fun to use, its biggest problem was probably that it was too obvious that you were gonna mega it for magic bounce.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Is it possible to spoof pokemon in gen 6? Just got a shiny sharpedo with 6 perfect IVs on wondertrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Very easily, yes