Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I just immediately think 24 is ice beam and 13 is thunderbolt if I don't look it up don't judge me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

greatn posted:

I just lost due to attrition because I didn't want to buy a ton of revives and potions even though I have plenty of cash. Pidgeot was two shotting most of Bruno. I ended up finally losing the attrition battle to Agatha and her final Gengar mainly because she's a cheating bitch with infinite super potions. The Ice lady was my main problem, taking out half my team.

There's basically no postgame, so spend all the money you want. You'll get enough for beating them that you can buy balls for Mewtwo no problem.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Zoness posted:

I just immediately think 24 is ice beam and 13 is thunderbolt if I don't look it up don't judge me.

that's okay i get east and west mixed up all the time.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
at least tm 26 will never betray my trust and expectations and is also the best physical ground move (unless you are groudon or maybe excadrill in doubles) to boot

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Any nickname suggestions for slugma?

The slugma in question:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zoness posted:

at least tm 26 will never betray my trust and expectations and is also the best physical ground move (unless you are groudon or maybe excadrill in doubles) to boot

And 49 will always be worthless garbage.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Zore posted:

Its TM 15, 5500 coins.

Blizzard is TM 14, Rock Slide is TM 48

Holy poo poo. At 1000 per 50 coins, that's 110000 moneys.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I take back all the things I said about gen 2 since it has Politoed. Thank god someone realized Poliwrath was a mistake

Politoed is a good friend. I have a Drizzle Politoed named Mr. Wiggles. He is best friends with Fluffee the Whimsicott.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Txn posted:

The slugma in question:

why would you have a timid Slugma?

Its got 30 base speed. There are pokemon that are literally immobile that are faster.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
calm is probably the best nature sure but I mean are we really looking at minmaxing a magcargo

like there's nothing you can do for it that lets it take one more surf/waterfall/scald/hydro pump from name a water type pokemon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zoness posted:

calm is probably the best nature sure but I mean are we really looking at minmaxing a magcargo

like there's nothing you can do for it that lets it take one more surf/waterfall/scald/hydro pump from name a water type pokemon

Its just weird to breed something for speed when its outsped by luminaries like;

Kakuna, Bronzong, Wormadam and Turtwig.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Zore posted:

why would you have a timid Slugma?

Its got 30 base speed. There are pokemon that are literally immobile that are faster.
Please don't bully my slugma, she's just shy.

And I got several Adamant slugmas in a row so I went "gently caress it, timid will have to do".

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
oh wait, modest luvdisc isn't guaranteed to ohko a fully specially defensive magcargo with surf

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Sluggoo

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Txn posted:

Please don't bully my slugma, she's just shy.

And I got several Adamant slugmas in a row so I went "gently caress it, timid will have to do".

In the future, if you have a Pokemon hold an Everstone while breeding, its offspring will have the same nature as it, 100% of the time.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

In the future, if you have a Pokemon hold an Everstone while breeding, its offspring will have the same nature as it, 100% of the time.
Yeah, I know that. I didn't use the Everstone but still had several adamants before the timid one hatched.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Txn posted:

Yeah, I know that. I didn't use the Everstone but still had several adamants before the timid one hatched.

He means you should have used the Everstone with an ancestor of the correct nature.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
or a ditto of the correct nature

one of the reasons I made sure to get a ditto of every non-neutral nature, preferably with good IV's.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Zoness posted:

Is there anything you can do for most Pokemon with a 4x weakness that isn't "don't send them out against an x-type pokemon"?

Like I don't want to make a dumb sweeping generalization but unless there's something weird I'm not thinking of, if you're trying to beat a Wailord using a Magcargo/Golem/anything 4x weak to water, you might have made a very poor decision.

Zoness posted:

oh wait, modest luvdisc isn't guaranteed to ohko a fully specially defensive magcargo with surf

Sure, but why would you fight a luvdisc with any fire type pokemon?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

to show your contempt for luvdisc because it's pathetic

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Xad posted:

Is there anything you can do for most Pokemon with a 4x weakness that isn't "don't send them out against an x-type pokemon"?

Like I don't want to make a dumb sweeping generalization but unless there's something weird I'm not thinking of, if you're trying to beat a Wailord using a Magcargo/Golem/anything 4x weak to water, you might have made a very poor decision.

If it's 4x weak to ground you can give it an Air Balloon. Heatran is a very good Air Balloon holder.

If you're playing doubles or triples, only send it out when you have a pokemon that can attract the attack, like running a Storm Drain pokemon alongside a Golem.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

to show your contempt for luvdisc because it's pathetic

:(

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Xad posted:

most typings can be avoided but water is probably one of the most ubiquitous ones. having a 4x weakness to water is almost a death sentence in and of itself.

mostly I did the calculation because I wanted to see if magcargo could survive the worst fully evolved water type pokemon.

but you're right it was weird to focus on a single 4x weakness when magcargo has a host of other awful weaknesses.

although if magcargo had offensively-oriented stats it could be interesting, it's just awful to have defensive stats with a really bad defensive typing combo

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 23, 2016

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Zoness posted:

thats awesome

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I know this is old but
http://kotaku.com/it-took-one-fan-nearly-three-years-to-obtain-a-perfect-1774264001

28,000 soft resets for Moltres

Twenty. Eight. Thousand.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Txn posted:

The slugma in question:

Mantle Mimi

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zoness posted:

most typings can be avoided but water is probably one of the most ubiquitous ones. having a 4x weakness to water is almost a death sentence in and of itself.

mostly I did the calculation because I wanted to see if magcargo could survive the worst fully evolved water type pokemon.

but you're right it was weird to focus on a single 4x weakness when magcargo has a host of other awful weaknesses.

although if magcargo had offensively-oriented stats it could be interesting, it's just awful to have defensive stats with a really bad defensive typing combo

Maybe if Rock attacks didn't have so many horrific downsides.

Why is the Rock version of Earthquake 80% accurate with half the PP? Why does almost nothing learn the Special Rock attacks, especially Rock types.

Seriously, of the 19 pokemon that learn Power Gem 4 are Rock types. And none of them are the few Rock types who actually could use a special Rock attack.

Its a really good attacking type in a vacuum, but goddamn Gamefreak shits on Rock moves like it does on Ice Pokemon.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
yeah stone miss is my second favorite coverage move after focus miss

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Mantle Mimi
This is good, thanks!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zoness posted:

this new meta is sounding pretty intense

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Txn posted:

The slugma in question:

Slugmantha

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kelp Plankton posted:

this new meta is sounding pretty intense

i only do these calculations to entertain a world where meganium isn't trash

in my dreams, mega meganium was a thing, and meganium was everyone's favorite pokemon.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Name it Hotslime

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Txn posted:

The slugma in question:

Scoria

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Lord Twisted posted:

I know this is old but
http://kotaku.com/it-took-one-fan-nearly-three-years-to-obtain-a-perfect-1774264001

28,000 soft resets for Moltres

Twenty. Eight. Thousand.

I wonder what his favorite shinies are.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Super No Vacancy posted:

Name it Hotslime

Hotslime Miami

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Xad posted:

Hotslime Miami

that would only be if it got an alolan form

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012