Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Johnny Joestar posted:

if slugma/magcargo don't get an alolan form i'm going to cry

I want it to become Fire/Ice instead. Still bad, but significantly less so and unique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Lord Twisted posted:

I know this is old but
http://kotaku.com/it-took-one-fan-nearly-three-years-to-obtain-a-perfect-1774264001

28,000 soft resets for Moltres

Twenty. Eight. Thousand.

Holy poo poo having watched the Gen I video what a loving disappointment Articuno must have been, the colors are pretty much exactly the same.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just noticed the cool S in this and I hope I see a grunt use it to spell their team name when the game comes out.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's sad is that there's no way that the actual Guzma presented in the game will be half as cool as what we imagine him to be in our heart of hearts.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

he'll be cooler

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
We've literally seen him say "It's your boy, Guzma!". That's all I need to see to love him.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

how are passersby determined in ORAS

They're people who are online at the same time as you, regardless of country and time zone.

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
I don't miss a lot of gen 1 mechanics, since most of them were buggy garbage, but I do miss some of the goofier moves being on TMs. It was no use in the end game, but it was pretty cool being able to teach Water Gun to Ratatta, Pay Day to Pikachu, or whatever.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

We've literally seen him say "It's your boy, Guzma!". That's all I need to see to love him.

Seriously, I wanna join team Skull.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Is it Guzz-Ma or Gooze-Ma?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Wanting to use cool mons is making me really bad at team building :saddowns:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

QuasiQuack posted:

Wanting to use cool mons is making me really bad at team building :saddowns:

Winning with your favorite Pokemon is the best feeling though, even if they are suboptimal.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
That is true, and seeing Hawlucha chump fools never gets old.

Also, I spent two hours dexnaving for azumarills yesterday before finding out the can't be found with egg moves :downsgun:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Not many pokemon are "basically a liability" weak, and all but the very most limited can still leverage the element of surprise in order to create openings that teammates can exploit. Most pokemon fall in the area where the thing they do best is a bit narrow in its applicability, and the more general roles they can try to fill are better performed by something a bit more optimized.

But that's why you can have six of them. The secret to winning with your favorites is to understand how to use their unique qualities to maximum effect, bring answers to the things that could ruin their teammates' days, and most importantly, have a lot of favorites.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is it Guzz-Ma or Gooze-Ma?
If his name is based on the plant, the first. But wouldn't the Japanese writing of his name (they're the same) give it away?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

ConanThe3rd posted:

If his name is based on the plant, the first. But wouldn't the Japanese writing of his name (they're the same) give it away?

If anyone wants to pore over videos for this, Guzz-ma would be something like ガズマ and Gooze-ma would be something like グズマ.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

If anyone wants to pore over videos for this, Guzz-ma would be something like ガズマ and Gooze-ma would be something like グズマ.
Bulbapeida says グズマ so Gooze it is.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Txn posted:

Any nickname suggestions for slugma?

The slugma in question:

name it tomorrow. cuz it's always a day away

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
There's a giveaway of a Meowth with happy hour in Europe and Australia if you use the code HAPPY in mystery gift, in case anyone missed it.

Edit: I just hatched a shiny Eevee ... With 0 IV in Sp.Atk :negative:

Bartie fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 24, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Bartie posted:

There's a giveaway of a Meowth with happy hour in Europe and Australia if you use the code HAPPY in mystery gift, in case anyone missed it.

Does Flareon learn Flare Blitz :v:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I know there are tons of fake / knockoff copies of the GBA Pokemon games out there, but what about the DS ones? Black / White specifically - is it generally safe to buy a copy off eBay?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope they buff weather teams!!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Dunban posted:

I know there are tons of fake / knockoff copies of the GBA Pokemon games out there, but what about the DS ones? Black / White specifically - is it generally safe to buy a copy off eBay?

Nope. A goon was complaining two or so pages ago about getting a knock off White2 off eBay.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Reinanigans posted:

Nope. A goon was complaining two or so pages ago about getting a knock off White2 off eBay.

Well, poo poo.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Is steamrolling the elite 4 the best way to farm money in ORAS or is there another way to get money?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Bakalakadaka posted:

Is steamrolling the elite 4 the best way to farm money in ORAS or is there another way to get money?

Refight the Rich Boy, Lady, and Gentlemen trainers for the highest money in the fastest time. You can get an hour-long Prize Money O-Power that triples money winnings from your secret base as well.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Bartie posted:

Pretty good GTS fodder if you ask me!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Bartie posted:

Get it to level 100 and then you'll be able to Hyper Train it in S&M!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Bartie posted:

make it into a flareon?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tired Moritz posted:

make it into a flareon?

Or Leafeon/Umbreon which aren't garbage and look cool with shiny colors.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I'm slowly coming to terms that maybe Haxorus ain't that great of a dragon.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
He used to be pretty solid forever ago. I SR'd until I could get the one in BW2 to be Jolly+Mold Breaker

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The 97 speed stat and the introduction of Fairies did it in during Gen VI. :rip:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Oh right. Fairies.

Honestly I keep forgetting they exist even though I am keenly aware that they do. I've thrown dragon attacks at Clefables in secret bases so many times.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Haxorus will always be the greatest dragon in my heart.

I used one in my white game his name was OUTRAGEOUS and he mostly used outrage.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Why isn't skitty a fairy??

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jarbv posted:

Why isn't skitty a fairy??

check it's ability hoss

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm so ready to play Pokemon again I'm pretty close to deleting my X save and starting over.

Flattened Spoon
Dec 31, 2007
So what would you guys recommend if I was interested in playing pokemon again after playing the original (yellow) like 18 years ago? DS2 + X or something? I looked up how many there are now and WTF how do you keep track of that many jesus. Also there are a lot of different games too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

R-Read the OP :negative:

But basically, get X or Y and go wild. You'll see some old faces, some new ones and you'll have a blast.