Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

You certainly can fit an SRV, but you don't really want to because the ship as a whole isn't very well suited for any of the stuff you'd need an SRV for.

I've had a Vulture briefly, then went back to my Cobra as a better RV-alike until I can afford something shiny. I'm more the meandering gamer than a poopsocker. I land to poop. In the correct place.

Pee in a bucket though.

Cattax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Octopode posted:

My only prediction is that if they really do plan to show procedural planets at CitCon with foliage and vegetation, as they've claimed, and they keep to their unlimited draw distance claim, they're going to also have to reveal that 3.0 has incorporated and is using the DX12 multi-GPU support from CryEngine 5.2 that's supposed to be dropping in October, because that's the only way they're getting more than a slideshow out of that combination.

I can almost guarantee that DX12 multi-gpu won't be ready in Oct. If they have something to show at the Citcon presentation, then it'll only be a demo. DX12 and 5.2 won't be ready until (at minimum) next year.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

I can almost guarantee that DX12 multi-gpu won't be ready in Oct. If they have something to show at the Citcon presentation, then it'll only be a demo. DX12 and 5.2 won't be ready until (at minimum) next year.

All this nerd talk is only distracting from the important subject at hand: burning Accelerwraith at the stake.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
Wulf ruined acorns for me.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
I probably missed out when all these were being made, but I'm home sick from work but well enough to actually be out of bed today so

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

MoMA: how do you feel about Shitizens who sexually harass other members of the official RSI forums being invited to plan the company's official CitizenCON event?

Especially in light of the VP of Marketing crying foul on targeted online harassment?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Chairman Wao posted:

I probably missed out when all these were being made, but I'm home sick from work but well enough to actually be out of bed today so

:five:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Chairman Wao posted:

I think only a grand total of 3 were made anyway, and this one was well worth waiting for.

:five:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Chairman Wao posted:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Midnight Voyager posted:

Didn't Dick Wulf literally admit he did this like there was nothing wrong with it? Why's the gross fucker backtracking now?

Yes.

I'm honestly not shocked at all about any of this after I read Ben's website.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
Should've had it loop with him putting the glasses back on. Ah well. I don't make gifs and poo poo usually.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...r-being-trashed

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

It was Sandi or someone in CIG. Calling it.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I am the 9gag link on his 'genuine' Twitter.

edit: ^^^ Nah, more likely a shitizen working to false flag the poo poo out of Derek.

Hav fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 24, 2016

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Chairman Wao posted:

yeeeeessssss

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

TTerrible posted:

They have to mix at some point because something something gpu 32bit z something

They have to mix it, but if they're smart, the only place they're using 32bit coordinates is for rendering, where it doesn't matter, as far as game logic is concerned.

They're probably not Smart.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

What about Derek's idea that it was some 32 bit plus 32 bit implementation of 64 bit coordinates or whatever? How likely was that?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
Apropos of nothing other than it amused me;

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/curt-schilling-is-the-next-donald-trump-w435754

"Since being fired and freed of the heavy shackles of political correctness, Schill has gone on an Internet rampage. He's letting loose, taking it all off, targeting Sharia law, the "Demokkkrats," and ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith, whom he called a "bigot" while insisting that he, Curt Schilling, didn't have "a racist bone in my body."

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

What about Derek's idea that it was some 32 bit plus 32 bit implementation of 64 bit coordinates or whatever? How likely was that?

If they did that, they probably wouldn't have the same kinds of problems they currently have. It's a pretty solid, sensible, and (comparatively) simple technique, which would presumably make it “beneath” Chris.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Stephen A. Smith is a bigot.

Against other black people

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

...If only I had your inside knowledge!

:golfclap:

Mind blown at the ironies and tripple reverse trolling Toast!

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

This game gets praise for "capping" out at 24fps. The netcode is to blame, yada yada yada, jesus patch 3.0 is soon.

129 days left in the year, to get the jesus patch out. With the promised 60fps gameplay!

When you realize that they only have to add 0.279 fps per day it suddenly seems quite possible.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Main menu and loading screens will run at 60fps, as will the star citizen has crashed windows dialogue box. Promise delivered.

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It was Sandi or someone in CIG. Calling it.

If nothing else, her retweeting helped promote the fake duke.

Edit: The retweet is gone!

Flarpy fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 24, 2016

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Every time Wulf lies about doing this I will release more info :) this is a fun game. Won't you agree Wulf?

hi I am Cora! It wasn't Wulf that "got me back in" to Citcon, it was my friend who really has no part of this. She spent a good 30 minutes emailing Ben because she knew I actually really wanted to go and get wasted with my other friend and her husband.

I guess this is petty, but a part of me hates the idea that this deluded gently caress thinks he can get away with fooling gullible citizens. Then again, I really should know better, I mean, look at the audience he is speaking to... Oh well!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 24, 2016

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Flarpy posted:

When you realize that they only have to add 0.279 fps per day it suddenly seems quite possible.
Nice to see CIG working on that "fucktrophies per shitizen" value.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The thread was nuked, but I screenshotted the OP

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

Would you say he had a plethora of excuses?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Raskolnikov posted:

Every time Wulf lies about doing this I will release more info :) this is a fun game. Won't you agree Wulf?

hi I am Cora! It wasn't Wulf that "got me back in" to Citcon, it was my friend who really has no part of this. She spent a good 30 minutes emailing Ben because she knew I actually really wanted to go and get wasted with my other friend and her husband.

Nice Photoshop, Goon.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

To be fair, the grown man who named himself Wulf Knight likely knows a fair thing or two about childish behaviour.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Raskolnikov posted:

What a Nice Guy™.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Flarpy posted:

Would you say he had a plethora of excuses?

More like a fleet of excuses.

Tippis posted:

What a Nice Guy™.
Don't worry, he was just trying to help!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

why do females continue their hysterical assault against this good man named wulf knight

even if he did try and date rape that female it's her fault if you really think about it

o7

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I will hand it to Citizen Con people. I was in a huge club and not a single gentle sir tried to trust his dick up my butt while dancing. In that way it was a really nice time at a big LA club.

Maybe they're not all bad? :shobon:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Raskolnikov posted:

I will hand it to Citizen Con people. I was in a huge club and not a single gentle sir tried to trust his dick up my butt while dancing. In that way it was a really nice time at a big LA club.

Not All Citizens!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

To be fair, the grown man who named himself Wulf Knight likely knows a fair thing or two about childish behaviour.

To be fair, 'Xaeriq' is really difficult to get into a dirty limerick.

Raskolnikov posted:

Won't you agree Wulf?

Did he get his attorney involved? I wonder how that would play in front of a judge?

Raskolnikov posted:

I was in a huge club and not a single gentle sir tried to trust his dick up my butt while dancing.

m'lady.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Raskolnikov posted:

I will hand it to Citizen Con people. I was in a huge club and not a single gentle sir trust his dick up my butt while dancing.
Would you have noticed a mildly furry acorn?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

weird because when I go to Hollywood clubs there's at least a dick or two in mine

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

SelenicMartian posted:

Would you have noticed a mildly furry acorn?
No. I was very drunk.

I would have missed, a mildly furry acorn! :ohdear:

TheAgent posted:

weird because when I go to Hollywood clubs there's at least a dick or two in mine
That was the joke. Also :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Chairman Wao posted:

Thank you commando o9, here is a reward:

• Locked thread