Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

they hit through substitute but i guess that's not good enough for you morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Imagine if they gave genesect a primal evolution so it doesn't look dumb as hell.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
not enough, not enough!!

exploud and noivern needs to be meta.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I want Primal Relicanth.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bongo Bill posted:

I want Primal Relicanth.

People keep saying this but wouldn't a primal Relicanth just be exactly the same

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

People keep saying this but wouldn't a primal Relicanth just be exactly the same

It would be visually identical, but stronger.

Not because Relicanth was stronger in the past, but because of the energy of the Brown Orb. Maybe some of the cracks on its exoskeleton would glow.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sharrrk posted:

Do this. make them hit ghosts or something

exploud already does that

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Imagine if they gave genesect a primal evolution so it doesn't look dumb as hell.

gently caress you

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Genesect will get a new forme when Colress upgrades him in Black and White 3.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Colress joins up with Cipher, creates Shadow Genesect.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

You mean Kabutops?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Don't look it up though, it's piss. Also the author got arrested for assaulting a cop.

am i supposed to think thats a bad thing

all cops are bad, amigo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

mandatory lesbian posted:

all cops are bad, amigo

While you are correct it's really funny to think about a 4chan pokemon fancomic ending because a dude got arrested though

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
drat I think I actually remember that comic

Wasn't the art of Nuzleaf drawn like Locke from Lost

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

mandatory lesbian posted:

all cops are bad, amigo

You're gonna get a beating

Zodack posted:

You mean Kabutops?

Kabutops isn't a bug type :colbert:

HoneyBoy posted:

drat I think I actually remember that comic

Wasn't the art of Nuzleaf drawn like Locke from Lost

Yeah and that's where the name Nuzlocke comes from. I have no idea why people went with that though.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I was talking with someone about how to make Ice better as a type defensively, since it only resists other Ice types. If it got one other type it could resist what would make the most sense, because I thought water. Then again I also thought Poison should be super effective on Water types as well.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

bobjr posted:

I was talking with someone about how to make Ice better as a type defensively, since it only resists other Ice types. If it got one other type it could resist what would make the most sense, because I thought water. Then again I also thought Poison should be super effective on Water types as well.

yeah. Ice should at least resist Water. It should probably also lose at least one weakness. Steel or Rock, maybe.
and Poison got a bit of a buff with the advent of Fairy type, but I've always thought it would make at least a little sense for it to be strong against both Water and Fighting. alternately, comedy option, bring back Bug and Poison being mutually weak against each other.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

bobjr posted:

we've been over this, it should be ground or flying

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Harlock posted:

I'm so ready to play Pokemon again I'm pretty close to deleting my X save and starting over.

I really want to do this but I might burn myself out on it before Sun/Moon comes out.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

cheetah7071 posted:

Legendaries aren't really pokemon and if you use one and aren't a literal child you should take a long hard look at your life

You'll take my love of Zapdos from my cold, dead hands, motherfucker, bring it on

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Is there anything to use for a scorpion team other than Drapion and Gliscor? I guess you could expand it to "things with pincers" and add some crabs and Parasect or Crustle.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

surely ariados and galvantula are closer to scorpions than those two

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Scolipede has some tail action going on.

E: VVV I'm partial to Volcarona but Scolipede is indeed up there

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Aug 25, 2016

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AlphaKretin posted:

Best bug ever

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

AlphaKretin posted:

E: VVV I'm partial to Volcarona but Scolipede is indeed up there

Oh poo poo you are right Scolipede owns and I have a hidden ability adamant one from wonder trade.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Its a bit odd how entire orders (like scorpions) or even an entire class (such as the case with Corsola) may only be represented by a single Pokémon while other times, a single species may be represented by several families (like all the Pokémon based on the domestic cat).

What a world.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

maybe it's because cats are extremely cool

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

oddium posted:

cats are extremely cool

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I think the only cat I ever used was my friend Luxray.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I hve only ever used Glameow.

It was bad.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Despite cats being the best animals, they are pretty bad as pokemon :smith:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Zore posted:

I hve only ever used Glameow.

It was bad.

your mistake was not evolving it into purrugly, King of Cats

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Iron Crowned posted:

Litten has a lot riding on it to make up for all the crappy cats before it.

If not, well, I'm a dog person anyway and Poke-mutts have always done well.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 25, 2016

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Geostomp posted:

Litten has a lot riding on it to make up for all the crappy cats before it.

I sure hope so, if it's going to make me deviate from my perpetual picking of grass starters

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So my heart gold cart seems to have some trouble. It runs fine but if it takes a bump or my finger runs over it while playing it will crash. This is both in my 3DS XL and my DS Lite. Sometimes I have to reset the DS to get it to recognize the card in the slot. I notice whatever is inside the card feels loose like i can great it moving around.

Anyone know how to repair this? Would it be possible to open the card up and tighten something? Or am I just going to have to play very carefully?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Iron Crowned posted:

well, Meowth, Skitty, and Shinx are all pretty good playable characters in the PMD games, fwiw.

also Pyroar is not completely terrible. Persian has a niche.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Spatula City posted:

well, Meowth, Skitty, and Shinx are all pretty good playable characters in the PMD games, fwiw.

also Pyroar is not completely terrible. Persian has a niche.

It is a shame Meowth evolves into persian.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sometimes i think this thread is looking at something other than how cute/cool a monster is

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm finally getting around to finishing up my 12 Pokémon run of X. I'm at the Elite 4, and I'm very conflicted about who to bring. I want all my friends to be in the Hall of Fame. :ohdear:

Also trying to find a set for Kingler (my "starter") that has good coverage and good power is a little frustrating! He has Crabhammer and Sword Dance, which is a pretty solid foundation, but Knock Off and Metal Claw are a little weak despite the coverage they give.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

oddium posted:

sometimes i think this thread is looking at something other than how cute/cool a monster is

I find statistical prowess cool. There. :colbert: