Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pentaro posted:

They should've used the flying models ONLY for Sky Battles, and the Pokemon Amie standing models for regular battles.
Except for Archeops, he should keep on flapping.

Yeah, Archeops is fuckin hilarious and great.

Swellow is the most :effort: thing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Zubat has the best flying animation

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Scratch-O posted:

Got my brother a 3DS and Omega Ruby for a going-to-college gift. We've been having fun trading version exclusives and spamming O-Powers at each other. He even hooked me up with an Abra, which I was having trouble catching.

Meanwhile, I'm only a Latios and a Groudon away from encountering everything in the Hoenn dex! Do you get the reward for capturing them all or just seeing them all?

Groudon isn't in; you'll need to trade or something. Latios requires getting the Eon Ticket through social features. Look it up.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why do all flying Pokemon seem to drop the framerate to 10 fps?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Because they are a pokemon that exists.

gen 6 is very badly coded

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Zore posted:

Yeah, Archeops is fuckin hilarious and great.

Swellow is the most :effort: thing though.

Skarmory is a strong contender to that title tho:

Zore posted:

Uh, what?

I thought those were legs :v:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

why would there be legs on a hat

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

oddium posted:

why would there be legs on a hat

People think weird poo poo about sprites. I definitely can't judge.

I always thought this was a rad bird with a rocking pompadour and a feather cape

Tell me this wouldn't have been a better Fearow design

Zore fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 25, 2016

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I take back anything bad I may have ever said about Clefable. :stwoon: It just tanked half the Elite 4 for me, thanks to its bulk and Sing.

Another highlight was Volcarona getting to +3 Special Attack and one shotting Mega Gardevoir with Bug Buzz.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Kikas posted:

Skarmory is a strong contender to that title tho:

Although it is more understandable for something that despite the name takes inspiration from albatross.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bakalakadaka posted:

Zubat has the best flying animation

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Solumin posted:

I take back anything bad I may have ever said about Clefable. :stwoon: It just tanked half the Elite 4 for me, thanks to its bulk and Sing.

Another highlight was Volcarona getting to +3 Special Attack and one shotting Mega Gardevoir with Bug Buzz.

Parasect is my loving anchor, because Spore. Don't. Miss. If only he wasn't slow as gently caress. He can tank just about anything at least once by level 50 though, with spore buying enough time to heal up anyone in reserve with items and then mega drain or Leech Life everything else.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I still don't get why they didn't make Mismagius ghost/fairy. It needed some kind of boost.

He's trying so hard.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

nature is beautiful

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Internet Kraken posted:

I still don't get why they didn't make Mismagius ghost/fairy. It needed some kind of boost.

It's a shame for Mismagius because ghost/fairy is a fantastic offensive and defensive typing.

Bursk
Nov 12, 2007

Bank of Bursk
I'd really appreciate a UK Arceus code if anyone has a spare. I've been so busy with things I didn't have a chance to go to GAME. Thank you.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

sharrrk posted:

nature is beautiful

whenever i see arceops fly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I am going to make doubles team with mega charizard y and my bff Lilligant so she can be so fast it makes sonic weep.

Bursk
Nov 12, 2007

Bank of Bursk

Bursk posted:

I'd really appreciate a UK Arceus code if anyone has a spare. I've been so busy with things I didn't have a chance to go to GAME. Thank you.

Got one, thanks :)

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Playing through X again while I wait for Sun and Moon, and decided to do an all Poison run. Apparently the only poison type before the first Gym is weedle, whose only damaging attack all the way until Beedrill is loving poison sting. Leveling him to 12 was a huge pain in the rear end. The bug gym wasn't too bad luckily, though I nearly got killed by infest a few times. I just need to get a little further, so I can pick up my Bulbasaur, Nidoran and Zubat pretty quickly afterward.

Aiming for a team comp of Nidoking, Venusaur, Gengar, Crobat, Tentacruel and a rotating Scolipede/Drapion/Toxicroak trio.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Ive been away for 2 weeks and just saw Pallossand and I gotta say, this gen is gonna ruuuuuule!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What the gently caress is wrong with Kanto that it has so many more poison types than anywhere else?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

All the grass/poison and rock/ground mons in gen 1 gave me real weird ideas about the type chart.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

greatn posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with Kanto that it has so many more poison types than anywhere else?
The S.S. Anne carbon footprint is freakin astronomical!

Bakalakadaka posted:

All the grass/poison and rock/ground mons in gen 1 gave me real weird ideas about the type chart.
Same. What do you mean Psychic isn't super effective against Tangela!?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Dark Pokemon are the best Pokemon.

Just look at this bad mother. :dealwithit:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

If you don't get sweaty and out of breath when you see Archeops fly then you aren't truly his friend.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

psychic was only weak to bug type attacks, I remember desperately wanting to get Jolteon because he was the only pokemon with a bug attack (pin missile) who wasn't also poison type.

looking it up now I could have gotten Parasect with leech life but jolteon was cooler.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Leech Life is so lovely that you're better off just using another move even if it isn't super effective

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I got all my Pokemon into the Hall of Fame! The second run was interesting, in that the team wasn't as coordinated as the first.

Is the code the only way to get Arceus, or just the easiest? I think I need to grab one for my living dex.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I did an all-Dark run of Blaze Black. It was pretty goddamn awesome. Houndoom was my best friend.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

This is why it always kind of confused me when people I know said that they thought there weren't any dual types in gen 1. They were kind of all over the loving place.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

cheetah7071 posted:

Leech Life is so lovely that you're better off just using another move even if it isn't super effective

No way man. You just use Spore first then loving drink up.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Awhile ago I thought dual types weren't added until Gen 2 for some reason. I'm not sure why.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Solumin posted:

I got all my Pokemon into the Hall of Fame! The second run was interesting, in that the team wasn't as coordinated as the first.

Is the code the only way to get Arceus, or just the easiest? I think I need to grab one for my living dex.

I did an all-Dark run of Blaze Black. It was pretty goddamn awesome. Houndoom was my best friend.

If I was a gym leader, I'd pick Dark in a heartbeat.

Murkrow\Honchkrow, Krookodile, Tyranitar, Houndoom, Greninja, Pangoro, Sharpedo... yeah, they're rad. Also Skuntank because he has a butt for a face and his cry is a fart.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gammatron 64 posted:

Murkrow\Honchkrow, Krookodile, Tyranitar, Houndoom, Greninja, Pangoro, Sharpedo... yeah, they're rad. Also Skuntank because he has a butt for a face and his cry is a fart.

You wouldn't be allowed to be a gym leader. No Dark types allowed!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Definitely, there are so many cool Dark pokemon.

Steelion posted:

This is why it always kind of confused me when people I know said that they thought there weren't any dual types in gen 1. They were kind of all over the loving place.

Internet Kraken posted:

Awhile ago I thought dual types weren't added until Gen 2 for some reason. I'm not sure why.

To be fair, that is totally something that Gen 1 wouldn't have.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Steelion posted:

The display messages for SE/NVE were hosed up and only reported the move's effectiveness against the opponent's first type. The damage calculations in the background were fine but you'd get stuff like ice beam saying it isn't very effective against charizard. I could see that leading to some misunderstanding.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The very first Pokemon in the Pokedex is a dual type.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Gammatron 64 posted:

This is a good post

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Bakalakadaka posted:

i spent 4 generations thinking rock was weak to ice

i also had to tell a lot of other kids that rock wasn't immune to electric

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ruggington posted:

i spent 4 generations thinking rock was weak to ice

i also had to tell a lot of other kids that rock wasn't immune to electric

Of course it isn't, didn't they watch the anime and see Pikachu beat Onix???