Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

poo poo. I just realised I missed the 20th anniversary Arceus gift. Is there any other way to get Arceus outside of 1)mystery gift, or 2) play Platinum with an action replay, begin transfer chain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

StrangeAeon posted:

poo poo. I just realised I missed the 20th anniversary Arceus gift. Is there any other way to get Arceus outside of 1)mystery gift, or 2) play Platinum with an action replay, begin transfer chain?

If it follows the pattern Nintendo will give away codes for it in a couple months if you sign up for the newsletter

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

I feel like Bronzong is probably the pokemon hardest hit by the loss of Dark/Ghost resistance by Steel.

RIP the weird gimmicky Heatproof Bronzong I used to troll with in Gen IV.

late post but i think metagross was hurt more

no longer neutral to sucker punch is a pretty big deal especially for the agility set

Ruggington posted:

although in ubers it has to compete with arceus water for that spot

on the other hand arceus water has to compete with like at least 5 arceus formes that are as about as good if not better.

although arceus-water was probably top 3 arceus forms before primal groudon became the king of ubers? i think extreme killer has always been one of the best ones, but my personal favorite is arceus-rock.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 26, 2016

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Couple questions. Aside from trading, is there a way to get a Feebas in X/Y?

Follow up, any chance I could talk somebody into helping me evolve a Haunter?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Anaranjado posted:

Couple questions. Aside from trading, is there a way to get a Feebas in X/Y?

Nope. ORAS only in Gen VI.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I guess that makes sense. Still a bummer. I found a prism scale smashing rocks last night and realized that's about the closest I've ever come to having a Milotic :(

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Anaranjado posted:

I guess that makes sense. Still a bummer. I found a prism scale smashing rocks last night and realized that's about the closest I've ever come to having a Milotic :(

Shouldn't be that hard to get one via trade. Heck, if you really want one I think I can breed one up for you.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Oh I appreciate it but I don't want any special effort put into it, haha. I don't have any IRL friends who play this, they all like Go and that's about it. Begging on forums is about my only way to get anything done wrt trades

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

man if only someone in the thread had spent half a day finding a feebas spot in gen 4............

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats this???? how did this get here

Super No Vacancy posted:

YEAH PIIIIIIIMP

ive caught one in every type of ball in plat does anyone have a feebas request got an hour before they move

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Anaranjado posted:

Well, if it's any consolation, ORAS has made it piss easy to evolve one, so finding one to trade for isn't hard.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Geostomp posted:

Well, if it's any consolation, ORAS has made it piss easy to evolve one, so finding one to trade for isn't hard.

Hell, you can just catch them wild in BW2.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

whats this???? how did this get here

why do people like feebas i don't understand the joke

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kerrrrrrr posted:

why do people like feebas i don't understand the joke

it evolves into milotic and milotic is pretty and cool

even if it's horribly outclassed as a bulky water pokemon

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Anaranjado posted:

Oh I appreciate it but I don't want any special effort put into it, haha. I don't have any IRL friends who play this, they all like Go and that's about it. Begging on forums is about my only way to get anything done wrt trades

It should also be piss easy to get one off the GTS. Put up any semi-rare thing (starters, Eevees, fossils, whatever), ask for a Feebas. I guarantee you'll get one within 24 hours.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I didn't realize you could just request something specific on GTS even if you haven't seen it now. Thank loving god

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Zoness posted:

it evolves into milotic and milotic is pretty and cool

even if it's horribly outclassed as a bulky water pokemon

Also the cry it has is awful and goes on way too long, I regretted making it my water HM user after hearing it multiple times per surf/waterfall/dive routes.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fine I'll keep my heavy ball feebas

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I for one would be insanely hyped to take your heavy assed fish for pennies, or something else if you want something specific.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I have a personal beef with Milotic, mostly because it being straight up "the Most Beautiful Pokemon (TM)" is sort of a rude way of getting people to like it?? Especially since I find it kind of whatever a design.

It's basically my equivalent of how many people dislike Lucario and/or Greninja for being Too Special, except way more of a minor deal.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
According to deviantart, Lopunny is the most desirable pokemon.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

LightningKimba posted:

I have a personal beef with Milotic, mostly because it being straight up "the Most Beautiful Pokemon (TM)" is sort of a rude way of getting people to like it?? Especially since I find it kind of whatever a design.

It's basically my equivalent of how many people dislike Lucario and/or Greninja for being Too Special, except way more of a minor deal.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
milotic is cool because marvel scale is a neat ability but when it comes down to utility and bulk for a water type with reliable recovery she just falls short of that of vaporeon, gastrodon, jellicent, or even quagsire (for unaware) which is unfortunate

also competitive is cool to punish defog/intimidate users

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Garbodor is unironically a cute mass of garbage. Please protect this smelly friend.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I have lots of Feebas if anyone needs one. I hatched a bunch trying to get the right nature and I can make more if need be

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Trubbish and Garbordor are kind of genius because they are literal bags of garbage. I think that's some self-aware meta commentary from gamefreak.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Gammatron 64 posted:

Trubbish and Garbordor are kind of genius because they are literal bags of garbage. I think that's some self-aware meta commentary from gamefreak.

Not that genius since one of the first Pokemon was a puddle of kum

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

I'd say that belongs in the bin but...

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
it's time for pictures of wooper

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I don't see any similarities between those 3 mons whatsoever.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

it's time for pictures of wooper

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

GreyPowerVan posted:

I don't see any similarities between those 3 mons whatsoever.

what? they're all blue

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

some people seem to have a hard time determining the color of vaporeons

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
vaporeon is white and gold

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Vapeoreon

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The level curve is kinda brutal in XY if you turn off the exp share, huh

It doesn't help that I'm spreading exp six ways among five pokemon, because Farfetch'd is such a worthless bird

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Farfetch'd is such a worthless bird

You bastard, take it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rodent rear end cheetah