Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i've been playing infiroad and slurp derpy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

dis astranagant posted:

Ok, so what do I need to be upgrading to get past this wall around wave 30k in Infiroad? I'm making some slight progress but not much.

Also helpful is mithril percent chance and relic [doubling|drop] percent chance, especially when increasing levels in the group attack/HP becomes too much for a run.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm assuming Demon King is pretty useless

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Aurora posted:

I'm assuming Demon King is pretty useless

He's got a skill upgradeable with a relic that removes the healing ability of bosses if you're trying to get a little farther before you give up on the run, but otherwise yeah.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Hit wave 100k a couple hours ago. Looks like I'm done because the rest is dumb grindy poo poo like 5555 god kills and 50 resets.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hmm.

Frankly, I like it when idlers are stupid broken like this :v:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Aurora posted:

Hmm.

Frankly, I like it when idlers are stupid broken like this :v:

The image is blocked for me but is your Infroad broken as well? I am no longer able to open it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

The image is blocked for me but is your Infroad broken as well? I am no longer able to open it

Huh, never had an issue with gyazo before. No, just referring to how broken the skill durations get -

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

The blocker at work is blocking it for "social media". (facebook, imgur, reddit, SA, etc works fine)

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Beat Infiroad in about two days. Got and maxed all the relics, got all the achievements except the last upgrade/promote/deicide achievements which would take another couple days. I never got stuck at any wall after unlocking boss rush, just reset whenever you're not moving completely effortlessly and your next run will put you thousands of screens farther. Also I can confirm that even at the end of the game all of your damage comes from the wizard, with a runner-up prize to the hunter for occasionally spiking to 90%, so there's no reason not to focus your mithral heavily on those heroes plus Merchant and General.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Beat Infiroad in about two days. Got and maxed all the relics, got all the achievements except the last upgrade/promote/deicide achievements which would take another couple days. I never got stuck at any wall after unlocking boss rush, just reset whenever you're not moving completely effortlessly and your next run will put you thousands of screens farther. Also I can confirm that even at the end of the game all of your damage comes from the wizard, with a runner-up prize to the hunter for occasionally spiking to 90%, so there's no reason not to focus your mithral heavily on those heroes plus Merchant and General.
Huh, really? I've been noticing mine coming from Slayer, is that just because he's the one I clicked on for ALL MAX so he's a tier or two ahead?

Also, do the individual damage relics cap or just everything else, and are there only three tiers of relic at 10k and wherever the third one kicks in or is there an even later one?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Huh, really? I've been noticing mine coming from Slayer, is that just because he's the one I clicked on for ALL MAX so he's a tier or two ahead?

Also, do the individual damage relics cap or just everything else, and are there only three tiers of relic at 10k and wherever the third one kicks in or is there an even later one?

I remember Slayer putting out good numbers early but seemed to stop mattering once you get rush. Which isn't too surprising since unlike my top two he doesn't have a special ability that multiplies his damage by a ludicrous number of orders of magnitude. I tested it by clicking All Max on the General, and the result was Wizard was usually 100% damage but Hunter would occasionally spike up to 90%.

All relics cap, the first-tier individual damage relics and the individual spawn frequency relics cap at Lv 9999 so they seem uncapped for a long time. The last tier of relics is Note to Princess Doll, you know you've reached the end of the content because you get a relic that doesn't do anything yet hinting at a future "challenge mode".

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
What does getting duplicate relics do in infiniroad? It's a ton of fun!

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

It adds to their levels. So if you have 5 levels in your Hero's ATK relic and get two more on a run, it's automatically level 7 when you reach the upgrade relic screen.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Sage Grimm posted:

It adds to their levels. So if you have 5 levels in your Hero's ATK relic and get two more on a run, it's automatically level 7 when you reach the upgrade relic screen.

It also doesn't seem to affect their prices, so it'll still cost the same as if you hadn't bought levels 6 and 7.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Oh no drat you all for getting me sucked into Infiroad. drat you all

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the bottleneck for the start of realm grinder seems to be faction coins but then again I haven't even reincarnated yet and only just finished allying with the three neutrals so I'm not sure what to expect from here...

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Excavations can help alleviate that if you don't overuse them. Alternatively if you're willing to spend some kreds, Gift of the ____ upgrades are basically carte blanche to not have to worry about a lot of faction coin annoyances. They're one-time purchases and you'll have them forever afterward, through abdications and reincarnations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Vil posted:

Excavations can help alleviate that if you don't overuse them. Alternatively if you're willing to spend some kreds, Gift of the ____ upgrades are basically carte blanche to not have to worry about a lot of faction coin annoyances. They're one-time purchases and you'll have them forever afterward, through abdications and reincarnations.

I probably over-used excavations not really knowing what they were for and I'm not really gonna spend cash on one of these things. Oh well!

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Foo posted:

I probably over-used excavations not really knowing what they were for and I'm not really gonna spend cash on one of these things. Oh well!

Titan is probably what you want if you're finding yourself starved for faction coins. As for what to do now, I'd work on unlocking the prestige factions next.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

a messed up horse posted:

Titan is probably what you want if you're finding yourself starved for faction coins. As for what to do now, I'd work on unlocking the prestige factions next.

I wasn't sure what the next step was, but then i realized I just needed to excavate more, so now I'm working on that. Seems like Elves are a good way to get a lot of faction coins quickly, as well.

Do you guys typically play these games with an autoclicker or not?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Oh man the progression in infiroad goes from 0 to crazy. I just got the boss rush skill and the time extender relic and now my screen is a blur of numbers and monsters

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

still haven't got the time extender :( so im just using ninjas to speed through the poo poo zones and popping all cooldowns with the basic duration extending thing and chewing thru a couple thousand levels with snipers in 40 seconds, once i get the extender game's probably over

E: nevermind got the time extender very next run and outdoing my old run in under 2 minutes, its over

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 25, 2016

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Slide McGriffin posted:

Any chance you could share your save? I lost my save from around the early 100s and couldn't bring myself to start again :(

Here you go. I just hit 115 and started a new Challenge, so you may have just skipped a bit.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Indecisive posted:

still haven't got the time extender :( so im just using ninjas to speed through the poo poo zones and popping all cooldowns with the basic duration extending thing and chewing thru a couple thousand levels with snipers in 40 seconds, once i get the extender game's probably over

E: nevermind got the time extender very next run and outdoing my old run in under 2 minutes, its over

Yeah, same, Sand of Time (a little bottle) and now I'm screaming through the ranks with maxed timers.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The post-Sands of Time game is way more fun. Numbers go UP and I'm resetting constantly just because it feels good, whether or not it's optimal (is it?)

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
My current favourite part of Infiroad is trying to guess what the next multiplier will be. So far I'm up to "d@".

Also the music is rad.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The post-Sands of Time game is way more fun. Numbers go UP and I'm resetting constantly just because it feels good, whether or not it's optimal (is it?)

Also pleasurable is watching a wave of heroes smash through the second to last enemy group before the boss like some runaway freight train, murder the boss outright and then they slam through the next handful of areas without slowing down.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

What exactly does Demon King do in Infiroad? He only spawns when you click is what i understand from the tooltip.

Dragongem posted:

Oh man the progression in infiroad goes from 0 to crazy. I just got the boss rush skill and the time extender relic and now my screen is a blur of numbers and monsters

I wish my PC was powerful enough to show the game as a blur!
The only thing of significance i see updating when i use the row of 6 skills is the level number, occationally the mithril number updates.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 26, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

What exactly does Demon King do in Infiroad? He only spawns when you click is what i understand from the tooltip.

I wish my PC was powerful enough to show the game as a blur!
The only thing of significance i see updating when i use the row of 6 skills is the level number, occationally the mithril number updates.

Later on the demon king gets a high chance to instakill trash and lowers the max hp of bosses every hit. You also get to raise his spawn rate to 6.6% so he actually shows up.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Captain Foo posted:

I wasn't sure what the next step was, but then i realized I just needed to excavate more, so now I'm working on that. Seems like Elves are a good way to get a lot of faction coins quickly, as well.

Do you guys typically play these games with an autoclicker or not?

I'm not that much further than you and I only booted up an autoclicker to smash through the gem total for my first reincarnation before i went to bed one night. Getting the dwarves and drow factions going is really good. Where is your autocast at? I found master autocast and priority autocast really helps idle some of the better races.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

What levels of Sands of Time/other Timer relics do I need before I can switch everything over to that strategy? I tired that on this run but I only get 1.6 extra seconds on skills for a boss kill, and Boss Rush itself isn't affected by it so everything eventually runs out. Also, what is the name of the +HP/+ATK to all relic? I don't seem to have that one yet.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Fellis posted:

I'm not that much further than you and I only booted up an autoclicker to smash through the gem total for my first reincarnation before i went to bed one night. Getting the dwarves and drow factions going is really good. Where is your autocast at? I found master autocast and priority autocast really helps idle some of the better races.

I've only got level 2 autocasting. Best way to level that up is probably Angels? My issue right now is that I'm not digging up the artifacts i need for the next races and excavations are at a pretty high cost right now. I'm running titans right now, but I might try to get Angels running over the weekend to grind out some mana.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Ugh, is there any way to AA the text in Infiroad? It hurts my eyes to read this crap.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Klungar posted:

What levels of Sands of Time/other Timer relics do I need before I can switch everything over to that strategy? I tired that on this run but I only get 1.6 extra seconds on skills for a boss kill, and Boss Rush itself isn't affected by it so everything eventually runs out. Also, what is the name of the +HP/+ATK to all relic? I don't seem to have that one yet.

just dump everything into the extended time on boss kills one for a run or two so its at least 4 or 5 seconds (it goes up to 10 eventually), boss rush does get a fraction of it so it is mostly infinite until you stop killing bosses fast. I suppose it depends on how early you found it, if you got it too early you might need to pump your wizards/hunters a bit first so you can actually kill bosses instantly? But then dump points into the spells to make them more effective and the stuff that increases the mithril/relics you get per run and your gains per run should start to rapidly grow

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Just laughing at the mere concept of Realm Grinder, a game in which I'm pulling in a decillion coins a second and complaining that it's not nearly enough

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Is anybody far enough in Trimps to start thinking about Mastery? I'm trying to figure out what I should get to unlock the next tiers.

Tier I seems like Portal/Bounty/Turkimp make the most sense to open up II
Tier II looks like Void/Headstart/Turk-II are the most useful but you need one more to open up Tier III, maybe going back and getting Home Detector to round that out?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Tier 1:
Bounty definitely first
Portal, Bionic, and Turkimp are all okay, pick your preferred filler
- If you're wondering what auto Bionic maps are useful for after you've run them once, think access to equipment from a 215 map for clearing more of Spire or doing that achievement to clear Spire without losing any groups of trimps in there.
Home Detector is very very blah
- You're gonna have to run a random map for something at some point anyway, be it equipment or housing, and you'll get any housing you passed in the process anyway. And since the random maps are probably only going to be 25-ish cells compared to the 100 you save (per tier of the map, in Bionic's case) for Bounty, Portal, and Bionic, it's not that big a savings.

Tier 2:
Foremany is huge QoL (less so if you script with Autotrimps but it's still really nice)
Headstart directly bumps He/Hr so it's also very good
Turkimp 2 and Void Power are okay, pick your preferred filler (including tier 1 options)
Home Detector 2 is still blah, and requires its predecessor on top of that

Tier 3:
Headstart 2 is the only really good one, as another nice He/Hr bump
King of Bones and Map Reducer aren't bad
Foremany 2 and Void Power 2 are okay, pick your preferred filler (including tier 1-2 options)

Tier 4:
Hyperspeed is amazing and is the single biggest reason to gently caress around with mastery at all
Headstart 3 is also really good for another He/Hr bump
Blacksmithery is very nice for QoL and cutting out farming time in the first half (or more, if you've done an unusually deep run) of your runs
Turkimp 3 and King of Bones 2 are both more in the filler tier, though probably better than the earlier filler options

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Noxin of Shame posted:

My current favourite part of Infiroad is trying to guess what the next multiplier will be. So far I'm up to "d@".

Also the music is rad.

oh poo poo waddup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I wish I was high enough up for Mastery but I'm taking a break from the game for a bit because I wore out again. I might try Toxicity soon instead of Nom though :v: