Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

The level curve is kinda brutal in XY if you turn off the exp share, huh

It doesn't help that I'm spreading exp six ways among five pokemon, because Farfetch'd is such a worthless bird

loving what

Farfetch'd is the greatest. I have no idea why but Aerial Ace murders everything I put it against, he can fly me between cities, and he learned False Swipe so I don't paste every single wild mon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
yeah but by the metric of being able to fully clear a game hoppip is a god so

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Zoness posted:

yeah but by the metric of being able to fully clear a game hoppip is a god so

a hoppip solo run would be pretty difficult

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

that ivy guy posted:

a hoppip solo run would be pretty difficult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdQEGUXCVGg

80 part saga

the nonsense he has to do on red is pretty impressive

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 26, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Farfetch'd is the literal best pokemon ever.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I'm replaying Platinum! When I replay games I try to use pokemon I haven't before. This time it's my new buddy, Tangela.

This is awesome. Please post some more if you have them.

Is anyone else playing uranium? Im on my second badge and it's pretty cool. I just have to figure out how to patch it so I can trade with people.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zoness posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdQEGUXCVGg

80 part saga

the nonsense he has to do on red is pretty impressive

That is a lot of use of Chikorita for it to a be a Hoppip only run.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Nephzinho posted:

That is a lot of use of Chikorita for it to a be a Hoppip only run.

he does have to catch a hoppip (and have it get an offensive move) first!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Med School posted:

This is awesome. Please post some more if you have them.

Is anyone else playing uranium? Im on my second badge and it's pretty cool. I just have to figure out how to patch it so I can trade with people.

Go into neoncube folder, and then open neoncube.ini in notepad
There's a patch location thing and it ends in .html, change it to .txt.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?

Senerio posted:

Go into neoncube folder, and then open neoncube.ini in notepad
There's a patch location thing and it ends in .html, change it to .txt.

Thanks. I'll try when I get back home to my laptop

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Chikorita is pleasant obliqueness.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm trying to set up some trade evos between y and or using gts and people keep sniping my lv 3 burmys and giving me poliwhirls and i don't get it

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Dear people playing Uranium: you are perfectly within your rights to play and enjoy this game if you wish. But please also consider the following alternate activities:

Loving and respecting yourselves

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

oddium posted:

i'm trying to set up some trade evos between y and or using gts and people keep sniping my lv 3 burmys and giving me poliwhirls and i don't get it

Burmys don't appear in ORAS, so maybe that's just people trying to complete their Dexes.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hello do any of you handsome gentlemen or ladies have an extra Arceus code to spare?

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I'm finally on Citadark Isle painfully close to completing my gen 3 living dexs in all 7 games. The question now is: Which pokemon do I affix aaaallll the ribbons to? I was thinking something like Butterfree or Jumpluff, but Typhlosion or Suicune would be more feasible as far as the battle tower is concerned, and I have no idea who would be easiest to complete all the contests with because I loving hate the contests.

Why did they make a gold ribbon for obtaining them all pre-gen 5?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

FishBulb posted:

If it follows the pattern Nintendo will give away codes for it in a couple months if you sign up for the newsletter

Have they released a newsletter with the Darkrai code yet?

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Zuzie posted:

Have they released a newsletter with the Darkrai code yet?

They're going to do that in September.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/back-in-pitch-black-darkrai-returns-for-a-short-time/

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My son just watched an episode where Serena won her third princess key and he got so excited and happy it made me tear up. And then she finds out her next phase of achieving her goal is the exact opposite direction of Ash's last gym badge, Ash puts his hand on her shoulder and says "There's no question, we're going to do your thing".

Man, what a loving great kid. gently caress the haters, I don't care if he doesn't win championships, he's the most solid dude in anime and a great role model. I think my wife and son and I are going to dress as Ash, Serena, and Frogadier for Halloween.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Oyster posted:

I'm finally on Citadark Isle painfully close to completing my gen 3 living dexs in all 7 games. The question now is: Which pokemon do I affix aaaallll the ribbons to? I was thinking something like Butterfree or Jumpluff, but Typhlosion or Suicune would be more feasible as far as the battle tower is concerned, and I have no idea who would be easiest to complete all the contests with because I loving hate the contests.

Why did they make a gold ribbon for obtaining them all pre-gen 5?

I hate the contests in platinum, but i want the ribbons for my Weavile too :smith:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what the heck is a princess key

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Serena is a major chump but she has a nice hat.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I forgot Tangrowth's defesive stats and kept wondering why my acrobatics didn't do much damage. I should've blasted that thing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I don't think I've fought anything that could survive poison powder/venoshock.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Ka0 posted:

I forgot Tangrowth's defesive stats and kept wondering why my acrobatics didn't do much damage. I should've blasted that thing.

Oooh, tangela is in Colosseum and already has that ribbon. If I could force it through the battle tower in 3rd gen Tangrowth would be a contender for the gold ribbons.

If it has the moves for contests. Goddammit.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Super No Vacancy posted:

what the heck is a princess key

It's like a contest victory medal except not for contests because Kalos doesn't have those

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

greatn posted:

My son just watched an episode where Serena won her third princess key and he got so excited and happy it made me tear up. And then she finds out her next phase of achieving her goal is the exact opposite direction of Ash's last gym badge, Ash puts his hand on her shoulder and says "There's no question, we're going to do your thing".

Man, what a loving great kid. gently caress the haters, I don't care if he doesn't win championships, he's the most solid dude in anime and a great role model. I think my wife and son and I are going to dress as Ash, Serena, and Frogadier for Halloween.

That's so cool. Ash sounds like he's becoming a pretty good dude. I haven't seen too many people hating on Ash for losing the finals. I've seen a lot of hate on Alain for being one hell of a Mary Sue.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hrm, if you were to ask me I'd say Charizard is more the "Mary sue".(which I put in quotes since I think neither of them fits sever elements of the definition at all, such as being an author self insert or every character being in love with them, but I know what people mean)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I caught a pidove that knew night slash and i named it Naito. tranquillo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i named my pidove cooper

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's a good fire Pokemon to have in Alpha Sapphire and why are fire Pokemon always so rare to find in these games
Alternatively would someone trade me a good and cool fire Pokemon? I hear good things about Numel/Camerupt but Fire Ground woof

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I forgot what Kalos's version of contests was

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

I forgot what Kalos's version of contests was

le magnifique spectacle

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Calaveron posted:

What's a good fire Pokemon to have in Alpha Sapphire and why are fire Pokemon always so rare to find in these games
Alternatively would someone trade me a good and cool fire Pokemon? I hear good things about Numel/Camerupt but Fire Ground woof

torchic

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 27, 2016

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I feel like starters are cheating especially because someone wondertraded me a well bred protean froakie and I feel training him would be cheating

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well torchic is the only good gen 3 fire type but I guess you could use a numel or something

I think vulpix and growlithe are on mt pyre

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I don't know if this was mentioned when the hyper training anouncement was made

But competitive No Guard Fissure Machamp is now almost definitely meta

Watch as Battlespot becomes pure cancer :getin:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

I don't know if this was mentioned when the hyper training anouncement was made

But competitive No Guard Fissure Machamp is now almost definitely meta

Watch as Battlespot becomes pure cancer :getin:

What announcement do you speak of? Machamp can only learn Fissure in gen 1 and 2, and it can only have No Guard in generations 5 and up. Hyper Training doesn't have anything to do with hidden abilities, unless there's been a new announcement. Also, don't say things like "pure cancer."

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Bongo Bill posted:

What announcement do you speak of? Machamp can only learn Fissure in gen 1 and 2, and it can only have No Guard in generations 5 and up. Hyper Training doesn't have anything to do with hidden abilities, unless there's been a new announcement. Also, don't say things like "pure cancer."

Nintendo said that in the future you will be able to port friends from the Anniversary released Red/Blue/Yellow into Sun/Moon.

One of the main concerns was that there was no way to determine what IVs the Machamp would have.

But with Hyper Training that is no longer an issue

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Calaveron posted:

Camerupt is great. It gets a lot of great moves through level up, TMs, and DexNav (I used one with Earth Power). Don't worry too much about a 4x weakness. If you're not one to leave a Pokemon in against something it's weak to then it doesn't really matter.