Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Calaveron posted:

Man I hope Sun Moon lets you customize your character more in depth. I wanna be fat as all hell

You'll be a 10 year old boy/girl forever. At least now you can change to a darker skin tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Dexie posted:

Dunsparce is getting an evolution in Sun/Moon though.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3273472/drampa-is-dunsparces-evolution/

:v:

I really wonder how that theory got momentum at all. They barely even share the same color palette

Internet Kraken posted:

You'll be a 10 year old boy/girl forever. At least now you can change to a darker skin tone.

I want actual shorts.

And NPCs acknowledging that I'm wearing shorts.

And an achivement for beating the Elite Four while wearing shorts.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 29, 2016

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Dexie posted:

Dunsparce is getting an evolution in Sun/Moon though.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3273472/drampa-is-dunsparces-evolution/

:v:

nope

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Super No Vacancy posted:

dunsparce is stupid

Stop

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I do think that Drampa is like Mudsdale and Bewear in that it has to evolve from something. It's really huge and it would be ridiculous if it was just a single stage. Tortunator must be another.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
dunsparce is the best gamefreak troll and i hope they do not ever give it an evolution or make it better in anyway

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Zuzie posted:

I do think that Drampa is like Mudsdale and Bewear in that it has to evolve from something. It's really huge and it would be ridiculous if it was just a single stage. Tortunator must be another.

Druddigon, Onix, Pinsir, etc. It could easily be a single stage.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zuzie posted:

Um, there are a bunch of pokemon like that though.

Lapras, Kanghaskhan, Buffolaunt, Druddrigon

Formerly Onix, Snorlax

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I can see Tortunator and Crabrawler being Sun / Moon exclusives, respectively. Like Durant and Heatmor, or something.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2016/08/160826_gd01.html

Something about two official japanese guidebooks. Looks like people will be able to transfer pokemon obtained via Mon Collé (an arcade game) to Sun/Moon or something.
Also,

That looks a hell of a lot like IV. Wonder what the second one's HP text is saying that's different from the others (one off?)

Edit: Google translate makes it seem like there's a "one per game" "Money Crown", offered by the guidebook that raises all IVs of one pokemon to max or something.

Benach fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 29, 2016

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH
Dunsparce had a sort of niche in ADV where it was the only Serene Grace user that could really take advantage of the ability; Jirachi didn't have Iron Head yet, Blissey preferred Serene Grace, and Togekiss didn't have AIr Slash and also didn't exist yet so you were stuck with Togetic.

Dunsparce is great and I was really happy that I could get one early on in Black and White 2.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Serebii covered this earlier this week. Guidebooks have bonuses that come with them. One is a golden bottlecap, which maxes out all the IVs of a Pokemon. That image is indeed the IV spread.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dunsparce haters vacate

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I have no strong feelings for dunsparce one way or the other

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Golden Bottlecap maxes all IVs at once.

We can probably assume that there will be SIlver Bottlecaps that will raise one particular stat/one stat of choice?

IMO, while IV breeding needed some revamps to make getting a Shiny competitive not a colossal soft reset chore/breed 20000 eggs/hax, so far I'm not liking what was shown of this Hyper Training. Just pop an item and BOOM!

Hyper Training should have a minigame attached to it. Or hell, just add Totem Pokes as a wild encounter after a point in the game, and killing one increases a specific stat by one stage. You can even tie Chain hunting into this by increasing chance of Totem Pokes.

Unless these bottlecaps are insanely rare, the only use breeding will have in the future is for egg moves.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I'd like a way to adjust your IV so the stat can be at zero, which would be most helpful for Trick Room teams.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nessa posted:

I prefer the Yokai Watch tsuchinoko Noko and Bloominoko. Pain in the rear end to get one though.

Dunsparce could definitely use an evolution. It's one of those Pokemon I always forget about.

Dunsparce suffers from the horrible syndrome of Being a Johto Pokemon-itis. It's a crippling disease that can leave its victims weak and forgettable unless treated with an upgrade within ten years. Sadly, it seems the treatment time might have passed for this one and become terminal like the sad, sad case of...that blowfish thing and the deer.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Geostomp posted:

Dunsparce suffers from the horrible syndrome of Being a Johto Pokemon-itis. It's a crippling disease that can leave its victims weak and forgettable unless treated with an upgrade within ten years. Sadly, it seems the treatment time might have passed for this one and become terminal like the sad, sad case of...that blowfish thing and the deer.

And the giraffe.

Really Gen II is my favorite gen due to all the things it added and having two regions in one, but the Pokemon species are really terrible and forgetable barring like 10-15.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There was that time Ash wanted to catch a Dunsparce and it just flew away.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

And the giraffe.

Really Gen II is my favorite gen due to all the things it added and having two regions in one, but the Pokemon species are really terrible and forgetable barring like 10-15.

Can't forget the Power Ranger Ladybug that hits like a whiffle bat.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I don't think the Gen II garbage mons are forgettable since they're the most cited Pokémon that are known for being garbage.

The real most forgettable Pokémon is Simisear: Not only is it an elemental monkey (that no one particularly likes since they have all the makings of truly crappy Pokémon) but it also has to compete with the Chimchar line (an actual starter and the most popular of the Gen IV starters) and the Darumaka line.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if it were really the most forgettable pokemon, how do you remember what it is

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Zuzie posted:

I don't think the Gen II garbage mons are forgettable since they're the most cited Pokémon that are known for being garbage.

The real most forgettable Pokémon is Simisear: Not only is it an elemental monkey (that no one particularly likes since they have all the makings of truly crappy Pokémon) but it also has to compete with the Chimchar line (an actual starter and the most popular of the Gen IV starters) and the Darumaka line.

Simisear has the "honor" of being the least popular of all Pokemon in Japan now, so that's something. The real most forgotten, often terrible Pokemon are probably all the fish. Like Lumineon that nobody has ever cared about.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

mandatory lesbian posted:

dunsparce is the best gamefreak troll and i hope they do not ever give it an evolution or make it better in anyway

Dunsparce is great just the way she is. :3:

worst Pokemon would be something that meets these criteria:
poorly designed
not much in the way of lore behind it
garbage in-game and in every tier to a degree that it wouldn't find a niche in the lowest active tier.

what fits that criteria?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Spatula City posted:

what fits that criteria?

Luvdisc probably.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Spatula City posted:

worst Pokemon would be something that meets these criteria:
poorly designed
not much in the way of lore behind it
garbage in-game and in every tier to a degree that it wouldn't find a niche in the lowest active tier.

what fits that criteria?
Qwilfish
Corsola
Those Gen 4 fish that I forget the name of

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Zuzie posted:

Luvdisc probably.

I can't remember the episode, but there was one time in the anime that Luvdisc kicked rear end.

I watched that episode before playing R/B/E, so when I got a Luvdisc I was like "Sweet, I got that badass fish"

HAHAHAHAHA good one anime, you got me good

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 29, 2016

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
dunsparce is great, he's scrub tier but he was like out of my league? what the gently caress is league? i'm gonna get with that virizion

Zuzie posted:

i thought drampa was supposed to be second stage?

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 29, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zore posted:

What I dislike the most in Pokemon is the weird divide between status effects and almost, but not quite, status effects like Confusion, Attraction etc.

The ones that stick are physical ailments, the ones that don't are mental. Easy!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Qwilfish
Corsola
Those Gen 4 fish that I forget the name of

Corsola and Finneon/Lumineon are cute though.

I have a shiny Corsola named Mimi. She's adorable.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Qwfish is actually good in a low tier for being surprisingly bulky with intimidate and spreading hazards for days as well as absorbing t-spikes.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

carnivine is so bad no one even remembers it exists

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i like the element monkeys

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

I remember it because James had one in the anime.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Geostomp posted:

Like Lumineon that nobody has ever cared about.

I care! :argh:

Zuzie posted:

Luvdisc probably.

Luvdisc is super useful for being your main source of Heart Scales in the newer games.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's impossible to forget lumineon because it's used as an example every time this conversation comes up

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i remember all pokemon, i decided to retain those memories in lieu of unimportant things like my parents birthdays or remembering to pay tickets

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Benach posted:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2016/08/160826_gd01.html

Something about two official japanese guidebooks. Looks like people will be able to transfer pokemon obtained via Mon Collé (an arcade game) to Sun/Moon or something.
Also,

That looks a hell of a lot like IV. Wonder what the second one's HP text is saying that's different from the others (one off?)

Edit: Google translate makes it seem like there's a "one per game" "Money Crown", offered by the guidebook that raises all IVs of one pokemon to max or something.

The HP one says "saikou" which is "best", since it was already max in the before image. The rest of them I assume say that the stat changed or was trained or something.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

lezard_valeth posted:

Golden Bottlecap maxes all IVs at once.

We can probably assume that there will be SIlver Bottlecaps that will raise one particular stat/one stat of choice?

IMO, while IV breeding needed some revamps to make getting a Shiny competitive not a colossal soft reset chore/breed 20000 eggs/hax, so far I'm not liking what was shown of this Hyper Training. Just pop an item and BOOM!

Hyper Training should have a minigame attached to it. Or hell, just add Totem Pokes as a wild encounter after a point in the game, and killing one increases a specific stat by one stage. You can even tie Chain hunting into this by increasing chance of Totem Pokes.

Unless these bottlecaps are insanely rare, the only use breeding will have in the future is for egg moves.

They confirmed silver bottlecaps a while ago. Chances are they'll just be BP prizes in Sun/Moon's Maison equivalent, so I sincerely doubt we're gonna have to worry about tripping over them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Super No Vacancy posted:

I remember him because he has a big goofy smile. Also you catch him in the same place as Skorupi, so in my head he's friends with Drapion, who is extremely cool and good.

But yeah he's pretty poo poo gameplay wise. Been around for 3 generations and he still only has one ability that isn't particularly great for him.

EDIT: Also Carnivine has a really cool cry.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 29, 2016