Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Dabir posted:

The ones that stick are physical ailments, the ones that don't are mental. Easy!

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cerony posted:

That's so cool. Ash sounds like he's becoming a pretty good dude. I haven't seen too many people hating on Ash for losing the finals. I've seen a lot of hate on Alain for being one hell of a Mary Sue.

The writers clearly had a plan but made a complete hash of executing it in a way that doesn't the audience throwing chairs into the ring.

Alain basically went from "Side story protagonist with Charizard, Mega Evolution and Team Flare" to "X-Pac: Avatar of the writers."

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Aug 29, 2016

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

i like the element monkeys

simipour is a cutie

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

One of my earliest Pokemon memories was wanting a Pansear so I could call it Monty (context).

That's about the most interesting thing I can say about the monkeys.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
smh if you didn't get a Simisage and name it Etemon

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Simisage looks like more of an Elvis to me.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

ConanThe3rd posted:

The writers clearly had a plan but made a complete hash of executing it in a way that doesn't the audience throwing chairs into the ring.

Alain basically went from "Side story protagonist with Charizard, Mega Evolution and Team Flare" to "X-Pac: Avatar of the writers."

Yeah, I haven't kept up with the show other than seeing the league final because of hype but this is along the lines of what I've been hearing. Apparently the Team Flare conflict is supposed to be the resolution to all this rather than the Pokemon League which is kinda weird since the league is usually the last big thing that wraps up the main story.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Is there some cool teambuilding helper that will tell me about meta strategies I have no answer for? I'm so bad at this :ohdear:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Cerony posted:

Yeah, I haven't kept up with the show other than seeing the league final because of hype but this is along the lines of what I've been hearing. Apparently the Team Flare conflict is supposed to be the resolution to all this rather than the Pokemon League which is kinda weird since the league is usually the last big thing that wraps up the main story.

Well Alain is still a Team Flare lackey so him ending it with them makes more sense than Ash being kind of involved for a while, then forgetting it entirely, but that speaks more to the writers being lazy about dealing with him to begin with. At least this one has been built up and we can pretend that it would reflect the improved Team Flare plot the non-existent Z Version would have.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cerony posted:

To be fair, Best Wishes did a similar thing (Had the league, then Episode N, the "Going back to Kanto" episodes) but they largely kept them separate.

I get the impression the date of SM kinda caught the writers with their pants down and they're rushing to get XYZ done so the Mega Evolution Arc and the Leauge Arc and Episode Flare kinda got smushed into a mess.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 29, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I started a X Nuzlocke run. Sorta standard fun rules, no duplicates, set mode, max level can't pass out the next gym. Also have to wonder trade away one of my Pokemon after I beat a gym, if it's well over my current max level I Wonder Trade it away again.

I'm up to Camphrier Town and i've got:
Froakie, Pidgey, Pansear, Chatot, Fletchling, Charmander & Good Boy Gulpin

The Chatot came from the wonder trade, I sent off Azuril after beating the first gym.Came in at lv1 so I assume somebody was trying to breed some perfect parrot. Chatot is cool and good so far and kinda wrecks stuff with Chatter.

One casualty so far from a crit that took Ledyba down from half health. A lovely wild Flabebe did it. Ledyba kinda sucks.

I'm just at the name rater too so open to suggestions for good names for my garbage beautiful children.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lunch, dinner, breakfast, snack, brunch, 2ndbreakfast

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

fourth meal

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I like this idea, so something like:
Breakfast
2ndBreakfast
Brunch
Elevenses
Lunch
Tea
Dinner
Supper
NightSnack
etc.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope that Chatot becomes your mvp.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hi i started skipping posts once the rudeboys were wrong about dunsparce but he learns glare and serene grace headbutt + he's extremely cute

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I hope that Chatot becomes your mvp.

I'm trying not to use him too much as he's gaining levels really drat fast but he's really good so far, Chatter wrecks poo poo and the poo poo it don't wreck gets confused.

I actually don't think I've seen Chatot before and he's really cute!

oddium posted:

hi i started skipping posts once the rudeboys were wrong about dunsparce but he learns glare and serene grace headbutt + he's extremely cute
Dunsparce is cute, that's all that matters.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cerony posted:

Well they hosed up BW hard so I guess they want to do the surprise team plot right. With a shittier team.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
They're succeeding but lord knows no one will give them credit for it.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I'm currently replaying Heart Gold and man, Jasmine's Steelix gave more trouble than I expected. My team wasn't exactly well-equipped to handle it (Quilava, Victreebel, Togetic, Scyther, all at level 30) - Quilava's Flame Wheel was my only means of super effective damage and it didn't really do a whole lot of damage either due to Steelix' defense. I eventually beat it after lowering its attack with Togetic's Charm and then whittling it down with Victreebel's Vine Whip and Wrap.

Would've loved to have a Vaporeon already, but the drat Pokethlon isn't selling Water Stones till Wednesday :argh:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Chatot's cool, but for some reason it was really difficult to catch in ORAS. Like, it was breaking out of ultraballs at level 3 even after I paralyzed it.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It has a catch rate of 30, so it makes it harder to catch than some story legendaries, which have 45.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

dragon_pamcake posted:

Nope. You're thinking about the Arceus cards that were just given out. The Darkrai cards were given out back in May. On the back it says the codes expire August 31.

Ah, missed that line, my bad.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i've seen/heard of camerupt before but i've never seen this guy

he's really cute :ohdear:

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 29, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i've seen/heard of camerupt before i've never seen this guy

Numel is probably my favorite Gen III design with Duskull and Sableye.

He is so dopey and neat!

Jithendra
May 23, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

The Chatot came from the wonder trade, I sent off Azuril after beating the first gym.Came in at lv1 so I assume somebody was trying to breed some perfect parrot. Chatot is cool and good so far and kinda wrecks stuff with Chatter.

This weekend during the Unova Classic tournament I faced a team that had Chatot. It had a Water Spout Jellicent in the center with Politoed using Helping Hand on one side, and Gothitelle using Snatch on the other. After I knocked out Jellicent they brought in a Liepard and used Assist. I didn't get to see the Chatot, but I assume it was there to fill out the team with moves that Assist couldn't call.

Water Spout coming from Liepard looks bizarre and hilarious btw.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Zore posted:

Numel is probably my favorite Gen III design with Duskull and Sableye.

He is so dopey and neat!

I really changed my opinion on him. Lava Plume is always a ohko for me and Camerupt is a pretty original design, and mega Camerupt is a majestic creature

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i've seen/heard of camerupt before but i've never seen this guy

Keep him away from water.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dabir posted:

The ones that stick are physical ailments, the ones that don't are mental. Easy!

Yeah, but sleep isn't purely physical, and attraction is a little of both.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

silver and gold bottlecaps will be microstransactions. look in your heart you know it to be true

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i hope they use the 3ds coins because i walk a lot

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

QuasiQuack posted:

Is there some cool teambuilding helper that will tell me about meta strategies I have no answer for? I'm so bad at this :ohdear:

look up a pokemon on smogon and it'll tell you its flaws and common counters at the bottom of the page

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
The worst pokemon:

:chloe:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

greatn posted:

Give dunsparce an evolution because what the gently caress even is he. The Pokédex says he is a snake what kind of loving snake is this

https://youtu.be/jLTJYxfljDs?t=16

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm playing through all the Pokemon games I missed - namely Gens 3-5.

I beat Omega Ruby and did most of its postgame stuff. Last night I beat Pokemon Black, or at least, I got the end credits (talk about a sudden ending outta nowhere, you don't even fight the champion!) Should I bother with the postgame stuff or just go straight to White 2? I also want to beat Platinum as I never beat a Gen 4 game but I got like 6 badges in Diamond when it came out.

After I do that, either Sun\Moon will probably be out or I'll try and tackle FR\LG or HG\SS. Too bad the latter is so drat expensive and I don't have it. I do have an R4 cart with it on it though, but it isn't quite the same. I kinda want to play Gen 1/2 again, but I'd rather play the improved remakes, honestly.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm playing through all the Pokemon games I missed - namely Gens 3-5.

I beat Omega Ruby and did most of its postgame stuff. Last night I beat Pokemon Black, or at least, I got the end credits (talk about a sudden ending outta nowhere, you don't even fight the champion!) Should I bother with the postgame stuff or just go straight to White 2? I also want to beat Platinum as I never beat a Gen 4 game but I got like 6 badges in Diamond when it came out.

After I do that, either Sun\Moon will probably be out or I'll try and tackle FR\LG or HG\SS. Too bad the latter is so drat expensive and I don't have it. I do have an R4 cart with it on it though, but it isn't quite the same. I kinda want to play Gen 1/2 again, but I'd rather play the improved remakes, honestly.

go to black 2 if you played black, c'mon man it's in the name and everything

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

mandatory lesbian posted:

go to black 2 if you played black, c'mon man it's in the name and everything

Well, I already own Black 1 and White 2. I bought them both a while back when I was playing Y and in the Pokemon mood. I don't really want to buy another as Pokeyman games are expensive.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You should play the same color gen 5 games. Don't go crazy with post-game stuff but at least battle all the boss trainers and the Elite Four rematches.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, I already own Black 1 and White 2. I bought them both a while back when I was playing Y and in the Pokemon mood. I don't really want to buy another as Pokeyman games are expensive.

you have hosed up, the past you i mean, as now you have no way of getting gen 5 uuuuuuuuh the white 1 dragon, whatever it's name was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

He's well on his way to a full reshiram team with Black/White 2/OR though.