Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Geokinesis posted:

Ok, does anyone like:

Surely these are the most unlovable.

yes everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
im not ok with what throh is doing to my bff mienshao there

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I like that Throh and Sawk are just blatantly muppets. :3:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Calaveron posted:

Please post the dumbest uranium sprites including the dead gay mommon. I need a laugh

->

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like Pokemon that wear clothes. Where did they get those clothes?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh well... I have what I have. I wasn't really planning on catching them all or making competitive teams on anything less than the current gen, anyway. I just wanted to play the different games through the elite four \ champion so I could see what I missed between Gens 2 and 6.

I don't think I'm going to do "proper" Gen 3 either as I have Omega Ruby. That is, unless I can find Emerald for cheap.

proper gen 3 is amazing when you're 12 and the upgrade in quality from gen 2 is stupendous, nowadays it's way more eeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i was 12 when i played emerald and i thought absol was the coolest pokemon ever, followed by ludicolo

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Lets not forget this one.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

lmao

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

bobjr posted:

I'm the phallic smoke stacks.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bobjr posted:

this is both terrible and awesome

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

This one is so dumb that I love it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

same

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
People rag on their original Pokemon do not steal being so grim dark but really there not much more than as hairs breadth away from how weirdly dark and sinister some actual Pokemon are.

Drifloon poses as a balloon so little children grab him and then takes them to the underworld(or tries to but they're too heavy). That new sandcastle one gives babies out that are born from the malice of the small Pokemon it has defeated and eaten. One of my favorite thing about the Pokédex is the ridiculously foreboding atmosphere compared to the lightheartedness of literally everything else in the series.

(Though I agree those uranium designs are weak, mostly)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

sawk is a fuckin badass i love him

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
The difference is the games don't really show you any of that because that'd be as dumb as believing all of the stories about stuff adults tell to literal children for kicks and giggles. Or the stories children make up while playing pretend. That is all most pokedex entries are, children recording their ridiculous thoughts or the ridiculous lies their parents told them.

"Stay away from dilapidated buildings, honey, I don't want you getting infected."

"What's infected?"

"Oh, uh, stay away from dilapidated buildings, honey, because ghosts who will devour your soul live there!"

"aaaaaaaaaa"

"Stay away from jellyfish, honey, I don't want you getting stung."

"Why?"

"Oh, uh, you see there are these jellyfish that will eat you entirely. They can even sink boats and eat big, hearty sailors!"

"aaaaaaaaaa"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Isn't this this the villain from M&L Superstar Saga?

greatn posted:

People rag on their original Pokemon do not steal being so grim dark but really there not much more than as hairs breadth away from how weirdly dark and sinister some actual Pokemon are.

Drifloon poses as a balloon so little children grab him and then takes them to the underworld(or tries to but they're too heavy). That new sandcastle one gives babies out that are born from the malice of the small Pokemon it has defeated and eaten. One of my favorite thing about the Pokédex is the ridiculously foreboding atmosphere compared to the lightheartedness of literally everything else in the series.

(Though I agree those uranium designs are weak, mostly)

Yeah some of the ghost pokemon have really sinister entries, but they aren't straight up "THIS IS A POKEMON THAT DIED FROM ABUSE AND NEGLECT HOW SAD".

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

greatn posted:

I like Pokemon that wear clothes. Where did they get those clothes?

When GF revealed that what everyone believed to be Machoke/Machamp's shorts was actually their crotch, they said that Pokemon do not wear clothes.

So Throh and Sawk are actually using folds of their skin as Gi.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
"Mom, mom, I have psychic powers! I can control things with my mind! Mwahahaha!"

"Oh, that's nice honey. Just don't psychic power too hard or you'll turn into a Kadabra! And Kadabra, you know, Kadabra can't watch TV! And you'd give mommy headaches kind of like you are now with your dumb psychic play"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah some of the ghost pokemon have really sinister entries, but they aren't straight up "THIS IS A POKEMON THAT DIED FROM ABUSE AND NEGLECT HOW SAD".

Every single Cubone wears the skull of its dead mother who was killed.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Alolan Meowth should have a new evolution if you store it in the Pokemon Bank for ten days.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

greatn posted:

Cubones are all a bunch of melodramatic babies wearing fake skulls. Ever since breeding was added, their dex entry made zero sense.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
"Don't touch that snail, it's disgusting--err, I mean, it burns hotter than the surface of the sun!"

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i've seen/heard of camerupt before but i've never seen this guy

he's really cute :ohdear:

Numel's attack reaction in Colosseum is AMAZING.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Well, Black and White 2 is pretty much the only time I ever got "both" versions so I'd get the best of both worlds. I pretty much never double up on Pokemon even though a lot of my more hardcore friends would.

Throughout the years, the ones I got were:
-Red
-Yellow
-Crystal (I didn't get Gold\Silver because I played the roms before they were released in the US and my interest was waning by then, but I still got Crystal & Staduim 2 later)
-Leaf Green (Didn't beat it)
-Diamond (Ditto)
-Black
-White 2 (Trio)
-Y
-Omega Ruby

mandatory lesbian posted:

proper gen 3 is amazing when you're 12 and the upgrade in quality from gen 2 is stupendous, nowadays it's way more eeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Yeah, Gen 3 is when I was "too old" for Pokemon \ was sick of it and felt the "fad" was dead so I didn't get it.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Internet Kraken posted:

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure this is the plot of at least one Poke graveyard story. Marrowak ghost was killed by Team Rocket, iirc?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

greatn posted:

cubone's mom is a ditto

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Geokinesis posted:

Ok, does anyone like:

Surely these are the most unlovable.

not commenting on these particular ones (esp Conkeldurr who is Buffo the Clown but in a video game instead of irl), but for me i learn to love a lot of mons by using them. i honestly hated a lot of mons like Latias, Ferrothorn, the Genies, Mandibuzz, and Cobalion until I used them to clobber people, and now I think they're the bee's knees. similarly I used to think Gliscor was the baddest motherfucker in the world and now I wouldn't shed a tear if his source code mysteriously vanished from Game Freak's computers in a freak accident.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Pokémon is a lot like Zelda and Star Wars: People want backstory, so the devs write up some bullshit, put it in magazines and data entries, and proceed to completely ignore all of it and do whatever they want in the next game.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Countblanc posted:

not commenting on these particular ones (esp Conkeldurr who is Buffo the Clown but in a video game instead of irl), but for me i learn to love a lot of mons by using them. i honestly hated a lot of mons like Latias, Ferrothorn, the Genies, Mandibuzz, and Cobalion until I used them to clobber people, and now I think they're the bee's knees. similarly I used to think Gliscor was the baddest motherfucker in the world and now I wouldn't shed a tear if his source code mysteriously vanished from Game Freak's computers in a freak accident.

:agreed: on latias, ferrothorn, mandibuzz, cobalion, and gliscor

do not agree on thundurus though.

also actually using the pokemon made me really appreciate dialga and palkia

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The gently caress is wrong with Gliscor?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

countblanc hates poison heal

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

The gently caress is wrong with Gliscor?

gliscor in singles has one set that is extremely predictable yet will give you fits if you are not running something that happens to hard counter it

and it has another set that if allowed to set up will wreck your poo poo

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

oddium posted:

countblanc hates poison heal

What a toxic attitude.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
one time i managed to knock off someone's gliscor's toxic orb as it was switching in

he instantly conceded

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
They should make more knock-off in different types.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i actually really dislike knock off because it's such a stupidly safe move to just spam

like the only things that really come close to punishing knock off are justified pokemon but terrakion losing its life orb or choice scarf does kinda hurt, just another reason I miss mega lucario :qq:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

remember fling acrobatics gliscor

that was a fun week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Remember when Knock Off was horrifically bad and no one would be caught dead using it?

good times.