Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

MrSlam posted:

Pearls are made from the ground up shards of punished gems :cry:

Considering where real pearls come from, they could actually go in that direction, but drat, that would be dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MrSlam posted:

Pearls are made from the ground up shards of punished gems :cry:

so the cluster is just a really really big pearl?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Quick, guy with the Punished "Pearl" Snake avatar, post in the thread.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

subpar anachronism posted:

Not an answer to the question, but I thought it was a chisel?

It kind of looks like one. It's possible that Rubies are all purpose grunts and when they're not fighting they work in forges and such doing manual labor so their weapons double as tools.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Blasphemeral posted:

Here's the link that lets you remove items from your browsing history, FYI:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/history/

I had no idea that tool existed!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It kind of looks like one. It's possible that Rubies are all purpose grunts and when they're not fighting they work in forges and such doing manual labor so their weapons double as tools.

So fantasy style Dwarves?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

MariusLecter posted:

So fantasy style Dwarves?

This was my thought when I first saw Rubies powers. I thought they were basically made to harness geothermal power

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
There's a clickbait video in all my recommendation sidebars who's title is "Cartoon Network Maybe NOT RENEWING Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, Teen Titans GO!, and More?!" with the thumbnail of a guy making a weird stupid fake reaction face with the word CANCELLED? behind him.

I refuse to click on it, but yeah I think Cartoon Network not renewing their big money-making shows is pretty likely. Especially Teen Titans Go, which they've been neglecting.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Oh hey, I can post pictures

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

MrSlam posted:

There's a clickbait video in all my recommendation sidebars who's title is "Cartoon Network Maybe NOT RENEWING Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, Teen Titans GO!, and More?!" with the thumbnail of a guy making a weird stupid fake reaction face with the word CANCELLED? behind him.

I refuse to click on it, but yeah I think Cartoon Network not renewing their big money-making shows is pretty likely. Especially Teen Titans Go, which they've been neglecting.

I haven't watched that video but it sounds like bullshit. Wasn't it confirmed a few months ago that SU was renewed for at least 2 more seasons?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
we talked about this already

it's poop from a butt

and he's been appearing in my fuckyoumendations too making that loving face, I'm tempted to block his channel like I did cinemasins.

E: yeah gently caress it, just disliked the video and blocked the user just for that loving thumbnail

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 30, 2016

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
Was it brought up earlier in this thread? Or am I just dreaming... Anyways, I think the video is 100% clickbait, and they are going off "well they haven't renewed it past SEASON 5 SO OBVIOUSLY IT'S CANCELLED". Though you also have to note that season 4 and 5 are the original season 3 they already have planned, so they technically haven't been renewed since season 1, just rebranded

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Neo_Crimson posted:

I haven't watched that video but it sounds like bullshit. Wasn't it confirmed a few months ago that SU was renewed for at least 2 more seasons?

Nah, that was dirty, dirty lies to pretend that the third season order from July 2015 counted as two more seasons, and they did the same with another show, I think Uncle Grandpa, except it was lovely because production of the third season had finished at that point and nobody was working in the show anymore but CN still call it another new season when it was just the remaining episodes.

Stuff on a renewal for this and many shows should come up soon-ish, though from what it looks like only AT has gotten a renewal this summer, which was announced on a tweet by someone in the production, so maybe CN is just keeping its next year plans to itself until sometime later to announce it all at once.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

Obviously with that Adventure Zone reference, we gotta get the McElroys in the studio for an episode.

Where was there an Adventure Zone reference?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Who What Now posted:

Where was there an Adventure Zone reference?

Upcoming promo. I've never heard of Adventure Zone so I just assume it was a Zone of the Enders reference.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Shima Honnou posted:

Upcoming promo. I've never heard of Adventure Zone so I just assume it was a Zone of the Enders reference.

It's a DnD podcast. It's pretty great.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Nah, that was dirty, dirty lies to pretend that the third season order from July 2015 counted as two more seasons, and they did the same with another show, I think Uncle Grandpa, except it was lovely because production of the third season had finished at that point and nobody was working in the show anymore but CN still call it another new season when it was just the remaining episodes.

from what I've heard, at the time production for season 3 of UG wasn't finished but it was almost over, and someone had told them ahead of time that they weren't planning on more seasons. Also both WBB and Clarence have also gotten the split up season deal (AT, RS, and the new Power Puff Girls didn't because their seasons are 20 half hours long, not 26)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Shima Honnou posted:

What was the reference?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
From what I recall the Crewniverse saying, season 5 is the last season because the show has a definitive ending. Right? I know at least the definitive ending part is true, I definitely recall Ian JQ or someone say that.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Really? It feels way too soon to me, but who knows where we'll be by then

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

LemonLimeTime posted:

From what I recall the Crewniverse saying, season 5 is the last season because the show has a definitive ending. Right? I know at least the definitive ending part is true, I definitely recall Ian JQ or someone say that.

None of the crew members have said anything about a definitive ending. The closest we have is Matt saying that season 6 is possible but too soon to tell.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

LemonLimeTime posted:

Given the import of a statement like this, you'd think it would be brought up in every discussion of the show's future if it were true.

I do recall someone saying "we're not going to just let this go on forever like Certain Shows We Won't Name" but I don't think anyone's said anything definite about an end date/final season/whatever.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

None of the crew members have said anything about a definitive ending. The closest we have is Matt saying that season 6 is possible but too soon to tell.

There is an early interview with Rebecca saying the story has an ending, but it's only an outline and they can make it run longer if that is what they get told. They do need to know of the end of renewals in advance, and not get cut off mid-season for that to work. Once they are committed to an end date, it's probably going to stick.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I bet not all gems have learned how to summon weapons and that weapons can evolve over time making them even more unique to the gems, it'd explain why Pearl used swords before switching to her spear.

This is a valid alternative explanation.

I don't think there's any evidence that Pearl's gem weapon has ever not been a spear, she just keeps a bunch of swords around as knick knacks. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of them are human-made, although that obviously can't be the case for her pair of sabers in 3,300 BC.

I don't know what the whole deal is with Bismuth's weapon mods though, Pearl and Garnet seem like they ditched theirs, but Amethyst has been rocking her cat o' three tails still?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Who What Now posted:

What was the reference?

There's an arcade cabinet at Mr. Smiley's called Zone of Adventure.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

EoRaptor posted:

There is an early interview with Rebecca saying the story has an ending, but it's only an outline and they can make it run longer if that is what they get told. They do need to know of the end of renewals in advance, and not get cut off mid-season for that to work. Once they are committed to an end date, it's probably going to stick.

More recently, like as in just a couple months ago at SDCC, Ian J laid it out pretty clearly:

quote:

One thing I will tell you about the show, that a lot of people don’t know, there is a discreet timeline from the beginning of the story to the end of the story. There’s a timeline for all the things that happened before the story. And there’s a timeline for all the things that happen after the story. Those are all sort of written down. There’s definitely an ending. There’s ways to expand it and go further, but Rebecca is going to have her chance to tell her story the way she intends it to be told.

So there's a timeline for everything, but they can stretch it as long as they want apparently, if they want to stuff in more Beach City episodes or Young Greg flashbacks or an entire episode where Steven, Lapis and Peridot all binge watch Camp Pining Hearts.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TwoPair posted:

an entire episode where Steven, Lapis and Peridot all binge watch Camp Pining Hearts.

Mayor Dewey, Steven, and Peridot all riff on Camp Pining Hearts

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Huh, so here's something kind of interesting...

One of the members of Jasper's "army" is a forced fusion, but not just any forced fusion: she's the exact same one that was in Nightmare Hospital:

Here she is in Jasper's army: https://www.reddit.com/r/stevenuniverse/comments/50bcxu/season_3_spoilers_rewatched_some_episodes_and/

And here's how she looked at the hospital: http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/File:NewClusterInfobox.png

This is probably only an Easter egg, there's like a 99% chance that the animation department just reused a design for convenience and a quick background gag.

However, there's also a chance that this is foreshadowing something. Someone (possibly a fellow monster) might be sneaking into the temple and letting other corrupted gems out. Maybe that's what the Slinker has been up to.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Maybe that's what the Slinker has been up to.

I'd assume myself that the Slinker was captured and bubbled after the short that it showed up in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idSrKVWsZEs

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Funky Valentine posted:

Mayor Dewey, Steven, and Peridot all riff on Camp Pining Hearts

Don't make me want things I can't have. :smith:

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Acne Rain posted:

Same type gems have same body and voice, but rubies already showed that personalities vary and now we know weapons and powers do as well, possibly because those come FROM a gems individuality. Peridot is not supposed to have magnetic powers for instance.

I wouldn't be surprised if Homeworld being low on resources is a lie, and the diamonds attempting to keep the gems in line by denying them powers.

I wouldn't doubt it. While confronting Steven, Bismuth mentions that Rose said that gems were "convinced to ignore [their] own potential" by the Diamonds. So them lying about that wouldn't be a stretch for me.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Re: storing Bismuth weapon enhancements, remember that Pearl holds tape in her gem. I vaguely remember there being a comic where steven goes in her gem, but that sounds like a fever dream.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Re: storing Bismuth weapon enhancements, remember that Pearl holds tape in her gem.
also prisoners of war!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Steven's hair is a rose!

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Today's wild speculation:

The yellow diamond peridot contacted isn't the real yellow diamond, the real yellow diamond was in the spinning pyramid. The gem had a yellow tint, and everything dissapeared in yellow light, and the place was a huge puzzle. If Peridot is to be believed, YD was all about logic and reasoning so it fits.

The YD we say in the contact device isn't the real YD, they're just a bunch of topazes or smashed badgers or something posing as YD. Either so she can blow up the planet and prevent the real one from showing up, or just to keep the gems civilization from collapsing entirely.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Aivisura's soundcloud just updated with a bunch of music from the summer of steven

https://soundcloud.com/aivisura/sets/steven-universe-summer-of

most episodes get one track (some get nothing, oh well)
But Bismuth gets a lot of focus, which I had hoped for

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I get the feeling most of the listens and praise will be towards the vocal songs and Smoky Quartz.

But I gotta say, Steven vs Amethyst is a kickin' rad track and I'm glad to have it standalone now.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
in case anyone was interested, someone on reddit gathered up all of Hilary Florido's High School AU promos: http://imgur.com/gallery/yW7XE

I didn't notice til looking through again that Peridot and Lapis are together in the background of Joy Ride

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

DolphinCop posted:

also prisoners of war!

Wait hold up i dont remember this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Wait hold up i dont remember this