Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
I didn't mean to sound butthurt, I've been a goon too long for that. Goons gonna goon. Maybe he didn't get that I was laughing at myself? Who knows or cares anyways.

Bottom line: donate more, especially if you pride yourself on your commitment to the game and want to shame others for their lack thereof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
For what it's worth, the next raid will probably be kicked off Friday night (around 9 PM pacific time) and people will start attacking the following morning (9 AM pacific time).

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Shame on you guild mates if you don't have him !

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

Shame on you guild mates if you don't have him !

I know, I was kinda feeling like I am obligated to farm him up, but he is just so darn useless. I guess he could be useful for anti droid stuff though, right?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah he's not worth it if you are not into Jedi. But for a Jedi he's actually pretty good.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I have him unlocked by accident lol.

Donation are weird though because there are so little items I actually need that are not three specific ones. But I will say I really only see a 15-20ish people using the system. So if your afraid to ask because we all need those items stop and just put the requests in. Often when I am grabbing rare items from missions I grab 2-4 extra just for donation. If your not putting in requests because you don't need any one thing. Well put in requests for super common stuff so people can get their achievements.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I try to donate whenever I can but yeah, nobody has a surplus of syringes, purple discs or stun cuffs :(

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
My guild mates can take my mk6 syringes from my cold dead hands :argh:. You can take my mk6 furnace bits though have 156 of them :frogbon:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Yeah if I am on a break from hairdryers, handcuffs for Rey, and such I put in request for dumb stuff. Like the poo poo you get from light and dark side 1st and 2nd panel poo poo. I figure if I have like 500 mk1 hairdryers everyone is probably pretty close to the same. Plus those 2k+ friend tokens gets you a boatload of random shards and gear. I am almost at the 10k friend points one, I can't even imagine it going higher since you will be clicking for like 10 minutes just opening packs.

So far it looks like I will be 2 shards short of getting palp unless the shard shop kicks me some sth shards. :argh:

Edit because misplaced decimals are a thing after not sleeping for 38 hours.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 26, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rocket_Magnet posted:

My guild mates can take my mk6 syringes from my cold dead hands :argh:. You can take my mk6 furnace bits though have 156 of them :frogbon:

Raid gear rewards are so goddamn frustrating. I've received one full Furnace, and I think I've put together one or two more from pieces, but by and large, I don't get furnaces from raids. By comparison, I'm sitting on two scanners and enough parts to make another, 240 disc salvage, and enough parts for one callers. I've also received a full or partial mk4 Carbanti the last 4 raids in a row, putting me at 253 parts and 3 premade mk4s. That's as many MK4s as you can use in this game, and I've already used one. Meanwhile I'm never not farming for cuffs, guns, etc.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I am constantly out of gear since I have so many dudes. Although I'm holding off giving some of this raid until better toons need it or I get way more.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Last night I hit Level 80. Baller. Who do I omega first? QGJ basic seems like the best bet, for Arena and Raid and whateverthefuckelse.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

WerrWaaa posted:

Last night I hit Level 80. Baller. Who do I omega first? QGJ basic seems like the best bet, for Arena and Raid and whateverthefuckelse.

Qgj then Rey x3. Then see what the meta is for you. Dakka stun is huge if you use her. GS's unique is almost too OP Etc....

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
With only three days, I don't think I'll be able to get Palpatine. I've got Lando, Luke, Leia, Biggs, and Hoth Rebel Scout, but none of them are at five-stars yet :(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I..I think I've finally reached a point where I'll be able to clear GW even if node 12 gets fixed. :unsmith:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

I..I think I've finally reached a point where I'll be able to clear GW even if node 12 gets fixed. :unsmith:

Yeah, me too. I've been running Chirpa (L), Elder, QGJ, Rey, Daka. I used to have Teebo, but I think that unless you also have Scout, he's just not worth it. Sometimes I swap in RG for QGJ to really lock people down. I also always charge up Phasma, STH, RG, Teebo, and Yoda since there are times they are all super useful. Most of the time I clear 11 losing only 1-2 champs the whole run, every now and then I lose a squad to some insanity...but I'm starting to worry about what's going to happen when Palpy starts showing up in GW. I think Yoda counters him pretty well, but he's still a complete beast.

e: I think that Lando + Emperor is the answer to GW now. I I think I still need to spend about 4 mil on Lando before he's maxed (5* level 71 -- but got all his shards), and Emperor is very close.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 26, 2016

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Man, I really should've built a Lando a long time ago; dude's way too much fun, even with sub-par crit rate currently.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
What’s happening next week?
There will be an update next week that introduces a number of new things, including:
Rebalancing of the Credit Heist event, adding additional tiers of difficulty and increased rewards.

The return of the Assault Battles: Military Might event, including a new difficulty tier that is quite challenging.

A new event that replaces the current Training Droids Hunt. This new event will make appearances in the same way that the current Credit Heist event does.
Kit Fisto shards will be available from Cantina Battle 4F.

Lastly, the daily login character for September is our first character from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the Scarif Rebel Pathfinder! In addition to being the daily login character, we have a special event running all throughout September that will allow you to earn one additional shard for Scarif Rebel Pathfinder each day.

Nice

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Additionally Wedge is going onto a cantina battle, they just haven't figured out which one.

Awfully nice of them to do the rebel military event right after the emp event.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Fenris13 posted:

Additionally Wedge is going onto a cantina battle, they just haven't figured out which one.

Awfully nice of them to do the rebel military event right after the emp event.

I saw someone comment on reddit that he was going in Cantina, but I haven't seen anything from the devs. Have you?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

I saw someone comment on reddit that he was going in Cantina, but I haven't seen anything from the devs. Have you?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4zrega/community_update_8262016/

Capgasp is a dev (scroll down a little bit).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Thanks

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So, tried out my gear 9 palpatine in arena today. He's super strong on offense, so expect to see him a lot. His main value is putting shock on enemy taunters, which acts as a buff blocker. Most of the people I see running him have just subbed out whatever evasion lead they used to have and I'm currently doing the same. Against enemy palpatines, I've been using a reasonably speedy Yoda, so I can get tenacity up before he acts.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
My GW auto 12 node murder squad is barriss/lum/rg/rey/qgj.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

So, tried out my gear 9 palpatine in arena today. He's super strong on offense, so expect to see him a lot. His main value is putting shock on enemy taunters, which acts as a buff blocker. Most of the people I see running him have just subbed out whatever evasion lead they used to have and I'm currently doing the same. Against enemy palpatines, I've been using a reasonably speedy Yoda, so I can get tenacity up before he acts.

I have been swapping luke in for his and any other status heavy setups and it's working very very well. Luke's leader is I believe the only tenacity up that effects everyone equally. It is like a giant middle finger in palpys little raisin face. I never thought I would say a maxed luke is amazing but yeah he actually have a use now past warm body in rebel squad.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

I have been swapping luke in for his and any other status heavy setups and it's working very very well. Luke's leader is I believe the only tenacity up that effects everyone equally. It is like a giant middle finger in palpys little raisin face. I never thought I would say a maxed luke is amazing but yeah he actually have a use now past warm body in rebel squad.

Luke lead Poe is BACK!

^^ was my original justification for why you should farm Luke over GS. I was proved terribly wrong, and have forever regretted that decision.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Luke lead Poe is BACK!

^^ was my original justification for why you should farm Luke over GS. I was proved terribly wrong, and have forever regretted that decision.

Yeah it feels weird to say he is actually somewhat viable now. Well at least in mixed squads. Maybe someday my maxed cad bane can join Biggs and luke at the non sippy cup table of characters(probably not).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Yeah it feels weird to say he is actually somewhat viable now. Well at least in mixed squads. Maybe someday my maxed cad bane can join Biggs and luke at the non sippy cup table of characters(probably not).

Well, Biggs with Wedge is a poo poo-ton of damage. It's pretty crazy. His assist can crit for 10-12k, and calls Wedge plus another, with +75% crit for everyone. Biggs also gains Wedge's Red leader bonuses, which makes him ridiculously fast and like +50% offense.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Farming question: I'm working up Old Ben. Would it be better for me to farm the 8 energy node or the 12 energy node? The 8 node should give me more shards / energy, but the 12 node will give me more credit (regular and cantina) / energy. Which is more important?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

WerrWaaa posted:

Farming question: I'm working up Old Ben. Would it be better for me to farm the 8 energy node or the 12 energy node? The 8 node should give me more shards / energy, but the 12 node will give me more credit (regular and cantina) / energy. Which is more important?

You want more opportunities to get shards, so go with the 8 energy node. The drop rate doesn't seem to increase along with the energy cost.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

WerrWaaa posted:

Yeah, drop rate is the same for all nodes (about 1/3). In the long term, there are more guys you want to get via farming their nodes than guys in the cantina shop (The only really super useful shop person is QGJ, plus maybe Daka).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Get your credits today. Supposedly tomorrow we will have a different credit event, which will have more tiers but overall be worth more credits.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Get your credits today. Supposedly tomorrow we will have a different credit event, which will have more tiers but overall be worth more credits.

Important note on that from the dev on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/50cuas/credit_heist_and_you_week_of_829/):

quote:

I've said this in another thread but it bears repeating in a move visible way. Here is what you will all see this week with the Heist:

Today, (30 August) the "Old" Heist is running. Absolutely feel free to participate. It is running for 15hr on your local time, starting at 7AM.
If all goes according to plan, we will push a content update today (30 Aug).
Starting tomorrow (31 Aug) at 11:00UTC the "new" Credit Heist will start, as will Droid Smuggling it's sister event. They will run for 24 hours, then, run again for another 24 hours. (48 hours in total.)

This means that is all goes according to plan (fingers crossed) you will all get three Heists this week.

It is very important to note that the replay schema between old and new is changing. In the "old" Heist, you can play each tier twice (4 total plays). However in the "new" one, plays are shared across all tiers. I can't stress this enough. Pay attention with the new Heist. The rewards went way, way up. So play the higher tiers if you can!

Also, please share this information with your friends and guild. There isn't an easy way to get the word out about the replay changes, and it's very important because if people start with the low level version they will use all their replays.

In the comments, he says that they changed the payout to a range, the level 70 one is 1.25 mil usually, and it sounds like you now get 2 total attempts, so that would be 2.5 mil. Apparently the level 80 one can pay out 10 mil per attempt, but I assume that is super rare and it probably pays out 1.5 or so usually.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
That's...actully a second patch that brings nothing but good stuff :stare:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

That means they're going to raise the level cap to 100 which will take 30m credits per character.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Tagichatn posted:

That means they're going to raise the level cap to 100 which will take 30m credits per character.

Yeah that's pretty much what I expect. Or just level 90 with some asinine amount of credits and new even more rare gear.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
New credit heist is awesome:

Got 2.5 from the 2nd run too

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I got 2.5m and 5m. Took a few tries, if you don't have maxed scounderls it's very RNG. I needed Lando to always crit AoE and never get stunned, basically.

I...I can now level characters again. :unsmith:

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Mr. Neutron posted:

That's...actully a second patch that brings nothing but good stuff :stare:

Don't let them know. It's a trap. They'll have to balance it out by adding an eighth star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Karzon posted:

Don't let them know. It's a trap. They'll have to balance it out by adding an eighth star.

Don't think they could add an 8th star at this point, since the shard shop kinda forces you to sell extras