Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
If you are a squad leader, it is your moral obligation to hold down Q and move your mouse left repeatedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

If people hit Q in general that'd be great. Had a game where I was the only person spotting on my team.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Plan Z posted:

So there may be an unconfirmed bug with class progression. A bunch of people are reporting that it may be the case that when you play match on a server, any following match will not count to class progression, which is why nobody has Rocket Guns and tanks are tearing poo poo up.

I've probably played a dozen games or so and during my last game, my support class upgraded. It happened the same game I decided to blow war bonds getting some new weapons. Maybe you don't get class upgrades until you unlock a new weapon for that class...?

Thanks to whoever brought up getting heavy armor and then getting on a horse. I went straight for a full squad trying hard and they took out my horse when I was about 15 feet away. Getting back up and slowly walking towards them while unleashing fiery death was a great feeling. Now to find some scouts and ruin their day.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
me playing the beta so far:

http://i.imgur.com/zLtmStY.gifv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9bTl8HCOtc

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Does anyone know what the download size is?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
7.1gb and install is 7.8

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
:siren: It is now open for everyone! :siren:

http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/battlefield-1/join-the-battlefield-1-open-beta

Get it in the beta section in Origin.

AEMINAL fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 31, 2016

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Thanks both above me ... downloading now.

Be my first Battlefield since Bad Company 2 : Vietnam Expansion

I'm hyped. :q:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Played scout for a while. The periscope is great for long-range support if you're a lovely sniper like me. Still can't figure out how the flare gun works. I think it's only supposed to show blips on your minimap, but do they have to have LOS to the flare or is it just radius-based? Hasn't seemed very helpful so far.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I can totally see this map being not played that much at launch. Most of it is empty space with one honeypot point at C. I get the feeling it'll be like F on Golmud where everyone who knows better just ignores it for the other points.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Kosumo posted:

Thanks both above me ... downloading now.

Be my first Battlefield since Bad Company 2 : Vietnam Expansion

I'm hyped. :q:

I'm in a similar boat, the last battlefield I played was the demo for bf3 5 years ago.

also do the sniper rifles have the black-hole gravity on their bullets or is it reasonably flat like the normal guns?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

404notfound posted:

Played scout for a while. The periscope is great for long-range support if you're a lovely sniper like me. Still can't figure out how the flare gun works. I think it's only supposed to show blips on your minimap, but do they have to have LOS to the flare or is it just radius-based? Hasn't seemed very helpful so far.

It's like a wizball in all respects, I steal kits and fire them into houses to light up enemies through walls constantly. There's a second variant which "blinds" insomuch it adds lots of bloom in a small area.

Lazyfire posted:

I can totally see this map being not played that much at launch. Most of it is empty space with one honeypot point at C. I get the feeling it'll be like F on Golmud where everyone who knows better just ignores it for the other points.

It really isn't a good map to show off battlefield. E is so easy to neutralise because only a few players will respond, making it easy to kill off resistance using a horse. Every point outside of the town is constantly being ninjacapped by clowncars or paradrop.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Making this the public beta map was a terrible decision and will cost them a bunch of sales. I'm only 2 hours in and don't really feel like playing anymore, it's so bad.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Delacroix posted:

It's like a wizball in all respects, I steal kits and fire them into houses to light up enemies through walls constantly. There's a second variant which "blinds" insomuch it adds lots of bloom in a small area.

... Ah, hell, I think the reason it hasn't worked very well for me is because I've been firing it way up into the air like you normally do with a flare gun :downsgun:

I guess I'll try shooting it at the enemy next time.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Double Bill posted:

Making this the public beta map was a terrible decision and will cost them a bunch of sales.

It's Battlefield.

It's not going to cost them anything. Unless a meteor hits the earth and ends all life, then it'll probably go on to be the top earning BF game. People will give them hundreds of dollars each for the game, and expansions, and season packs, and unlock packs.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Also how does the train work, do you have to cap a specific thing or is it a "you're losing too hard, here have this!". The tips video didn't explain it.

e: also I hope there's a rolling map like that one unreal tournament map where it's one team on the train and then the other trying to take it out before it reaches a certain point.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Aug 31, 2016

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

404notfound posted:

... Ah, hell, I think the reason it hasn't worked very well for me is because I've been firing it way up into the air like you normally do with a flare gun :downsgun:

I guess I'll try shooting it at the enemy next time.

There's even an incentive to shoot at it where enemies are likely are! It'll eventually set them on fire which can kill injured players.

ijyt posted:

Also how does the train work, do you have to cap a specific thing or is it a "you're losing too hard, here have this!". The tips video didn't explain it.

e: also I hope there's a rolling map like that one unreal tournament map where it's one team on the train and then the other trying to take it out before it reaches a certain point.

The train is a behemoth, it'll spawn for the losing team once a certain number of tickets have been hit.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

ijyt posted:

It's a your loosing badly bonus for getting spanked hard. If you load it with a coordinated squad it can win you the match assuming you have more than 50 tickets to go it can make for good comebacks but between the timer and the enemy team holding any points can make comebacks not work. There is still some tweaking to do to the game modes timer and how flags give points. But dice has said they are aware and will be changing the numbers a bit.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Duck King I think this guy in the attack plane was hounding you at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Ul7oDSvUI

afkmacro fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 31, 2016

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Holy poo poo grabbing the heavy armor and a horse is the best thing ever. Nobody expects a full blown knight to charge them. I love this game.

Also shotguns feel really powerful!

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

afkmacro posted:

Duck King I think this guy in the attack plane was hounding you at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Ul7oDSvUI

Yeah, I remember the name.

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.
There's no way they'll leave the FT-17 unchanged...its a murder machine.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I like the map :shrug:

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

They really pick the worst possible maps to but betas on. The British spawn is is really open and if you sit on the rocks at G you have clear sight lines to pick off people spawning there. :psyduck:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

GiantHurtBall posted:

There's no way they'll leave the FT-17 unchanged...its a murder machine.

Why not? Most if the anti vehicle stuff is still locked for 90% or more of the players. Once people get anti vehicle gadgets and more players learn that they can shoot planes with small arms then they can tell if something is actually op. Plus this is a actual beta not a demo, lots of poo poo will change.

:siren::siren: edit load, spend war bucks ext here offline https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/career :siren::siren:

xyigx fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Aug 31, 2016

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Popelmon posted:

Holy poo poo grabbing the heavy armor and a horse is the best thing ever. Nobody expects a full blown knight to charge them. I love this game.

It feels like you die way easier if you get on a horse or use any emplacement with the heavy weapons guy, while on foot I can take 3-4 guys at short range with all the extra health.

Rolling Scissors fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 31, 2016

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
today is a good day to have off work

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

can the recoiless rifle pick up actually kill tank drivers? It seems more like it just plinks some damage off a tank. I dunno if its the lack of unlocks yet or what but playing antitank is a pain in the rear end. I know people liked C4ing tanks but 'run towards the tank' has never been my go to anti tank strategy in battlefield

Elos
Jan 8, 2009

Anyone know a magic trick to make the vehicle keybinds work? I've changed movement to ESDF, use/enter/exit to T etc. and now every time I hop into a car and try to accelerate I jump out and look like an idiot. It doesn't help that my use key is what puts the gas mask on originally because every time I jump into a vehicle I instantly have the mask on my face.

So the game somehow uses the default binds for vehicles it's kinda ruining the game for me. How in the hell do you gently caress up key binding in tyol 2016?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

ethanol posted:

can the recoiless rifle pick up actually kill tank drivers? It seems more like it just plinks some damage off a tank. I dunno if its the lack of unlocks yet or what but playing antitank is a pain in the rear end. I know people liked C4ing tanks but 'run towards the tank' has never been my go to anti tank strategy in battlefield

I don't know if the rocket gun can shoot people out of enclosed vehicles but you can disable treads or sponsors with enough directed damage.

The tank gewehr pickup on the other hand will cycle seven shots and blow up a landship before it can even rotate around to fire.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
And now I own every gadget and gun in the game already. Rip me.

I repeat go here buy stuff have fun.

:siren::siren: edit load, spend war bucks ext here offline https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/career :siren::siren:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Elos posted:

Anyone know a magic trick to make the vehicle keybinds work? I've changed movement to ESDF, use/enter/exit to T etc. and now every time I hop into a car and try to accelerate I jump out and look like an idiot. It doesn't help that my use key is what puts the gas mask on originally because every time I jump into a vehicle I instantly have the mask on my face.

So the game somehow uses the default binds for vehicles it's kinda ruining the game for me. How in the hell do you fui ck up key binding in tyol 2016?

Uh yeah you have to change all the key binding sets. Just go through the tabs and set you binds. There is literally a tab that says "vehicle". They don't have one set of key binds for everything and haven't since bfbc1. I'm sorry I just don't know how you spent that much time in the keybindings menu and didn't see there is like 5 differnt sets of key binds separated by category.

Edit really I am not trying to be a dick or anything, just a bit confused.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

xyigx posted:

And now I own every gadget and gun in the game already. Rip me.

I repeat go here buy stuff have fun.

dat link tho

thank you for this

Elos
Jan 8, 2009

xyigx posted:

Uh yeah you have to change all the key binding sets. Just go through the tabs and set you binds. There is literally a tab that says "vehicle". They don't have one set of key binds for everything and haven't since bfbc1. I'm sorry I just don't know how you spent that much time in the keybindings menu and didn't see there is like 5 differnt sets of key binds separated by category.

Edit really I am not trying to be a dick or anything, just a bit confused.

I did change all of those, they just don't work. I also tried resetting and rebinding everything.

edit: there's been separate keys for vehicles etc. since Bf1942

Panboy
May 20, 2010

Le'me tell ya'll about them Apples.

Delacroix posted:

I don't know if the rocket gun can shoot people out of enclosed vehicles but you can disable treads or sponsors with enough directed damage.

The tank gewehr pickup on the other hand will cycle seven shots and blow up a landship before it can even rotate around to fire.

if you are a landship suffering in this position dont forget you can press 2 and use the butt machine gun, Saved my full tank of goonies yesterday.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Elos posted:

I did change all of those, they just don't work. I also tried resetting and rebinding everything.

edit: there's been separate keys for vehicles etc. since Bf1942

Try this https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/30/this-trick-lets-you-use-your-existing-battlefield-4-key-bindings-and-graphics-settings-with-battlefield-1/

If that does not work disable origin cloud save on the game then delete the file. Open battlefield and it will make a new one. Then close battlefield reenable cloud save and when it asks say use local. One of these two should get you sorted.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Thank you for that link. AT gun got.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

afkmacro posted:

Light tank ownage

I guess no one countered you with an Artillery Truck? That thing is the cats meow.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i just bought a shitton of weapons that im going to try tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

xyigx posted:

Try this https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/30/this-trick-lets-you-use-your-existing-battlefield-4-key-bindings-and-graphics-settings-with-battlefield-1/

If that does not work disable origin cloud save on the game then delete the file. Open battlefield and it will make a new one. Then close battlefield reenable cloud save and when it asks say use local. One of these two should get you sorted.

yig is the battlefield whisperer