Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Don't body-shame.

Bodies and the rhetoric of shame: the praxis of internet fora

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I still don't know why this isn't a live action film.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It was supposed to be the next jurassic park before they turned it into World.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Postal Parcel posted:

The first time I read this I thought it was a breakup between two guys and I immediately wondered what the MGTOW stance on homosexuality is.
I mean, they are going their own way and ignoring feminine wiles from the lesser sex.

They hate anything LGBT. What does this have to do with living without women? WHO KNOWS~

I assume it's just a case of the notgays. No, we don't want women but we're not gay because we don't allow gays that means we're not gay. No homo.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Blue Star posted:

I'd rather people tell them about suicide.

Coming from the future, I can't say you are wrong. Maybe things will have been better if certain people had committed suicide. We can never know.

invisible jerk
Jul 29, 2013
heeyyy let's spend some time with a social media entrepreneur

https://mumbrella.com.au/24-hours-kerwin-rae-390831

quote:

2:30pm:

Film 10 videos back-to-back with the help of my Swedish filmmaker Mattias (I call him ‘chef’ because the kid knows how to cook up great content). These are business insights videos for my social channels. A couple of my favourites are ‘The truth about motivation’, ‘Can anyone be an entrepreneur?’ and ‘How to overcome your fears’.

I sometimes make funny jokes like "hey what's on the menu today chef" and he has to laugh because he needs this job

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
nvm

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CodfishCartographer posted:

They hate anything LGBT. What does this have to do with living without women? WHO KNOWS~

I assume it's just a case of the notgays. No, we don't want women but we're not gay because we don't allow gays that means we're not gay. No homo.

If I ever find myself talking with one of these MGTOW guys I'm gonna just act as though he told me he's gay.

brotato
May 14, 2013

Honestly I used to think mgtow were those cockrub warrior dudes and I'm a little upset at sa for digging up content and proving me wrong.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

invisible jerk posted:

heeyyy let's spend some time with a social media entrepreneur

https://mumbrella.com.au/24-hours-kerwin-rae-390831

I sometimes make funny jokes like "hey what's on the menu today chef" and he has to laugh because he needs this job

Why is everyone who calls themselves an "entrepreneur" so incredibly aggravating?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

chitoryu12 posted:

Why is everyone who calls themselves an "entrepreneur" so incredibly aggravating?

Is it because they are convinced they have that "can-do" attitude?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

This is the most hilariously insecure stance for them to take. I guess because they assume people will think they are gay they gotta find it necessary to be defensive about it?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Panfilo posted:

This is the most hilariously insecure stance for them to take. I guess because they assume people will think they are gay they gotta find it necessary to be defensive about it?

it works for the republican party. absolutely no gay republicans. yep no gay republicans

TinTower posted:

Speaking of stupid self-absorbed behaviour, the NPD community is a wild ride.

i kept reading this as nypd and becoming confused.

snergle has a new favorite as of 15:57 on Aug 31, 2016

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Panfilo posted:

"No mom it's because girls are ICKY and MEAN!"

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
They should rename MGTOW to "Men Without Cooties".

this fish flies
Dec 21, 2007

Don't Give Up The Ship
There is a portion of MGTOW who visit prostitutes or other sex workers. And of course they are still going their own way because it's an upfront transaction that they are guaranteed sex, not the gamble of dating.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

this fish flies posted:

There is a portion of MGTOW who visit prostitutes or other sex workers. And of course they are still going their own way because it's an upfront transaction that they are guaranteed sex, not the gamble of dating.

There's also a small subset who are married but still call themselves MGTOW because... :iiam:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Weatherman posted:

Heh, I was being immune to advertising before it was cool :thumbsup:

Also I just want to requote this:

"Let me show you my collection of vintage action figures, m'lady" *tips fedora three sizes too large for his eight-year-old head*

I was joking bro

edit: I mean it's true I didn't usually ask for stuff I saw in TV cartoons, but that's probably just because I was more susceptible to other types of advertising or wanting things my peers had

chitoryu12 posted:

I find it more depressing than aggravating, because most of the time those people have really depressing lives for one reason or another and seek the entrepreneur identity to prop up their own self-esteems.

Obviously this doesn't apply to actual non-MLM entrepreneurs, but those people are obnoxious (when they frequently identify as such) for different reasons. Usually it's the implication that being an entrepreneur is objectively superior to working for "the Man" and how anyone who isn't an entrepreneur must be inferior in some way.

Ytlaya has a new favorite as of 17:21 on Aug 31, 2016

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tiggum posted:

There's also a small subset who are married but still call themselves MGTOW because... :iiam:

If I wasn't on phone I'd be posting the "No ma'am" screen cap from Married With Children.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
If I wasn't clear in my earlier post, mgtow want to build female fuckbots.

No robo.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Tiggum posted:

Because they hate women, which is the single most important aspect of that group.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
There are only two forms of mgtow.

14 year olds

Victims of domestic abuse.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Abuse is terrible

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Every time a man experiences a female induced orgasm they are affirming the gynocracy.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

No robo.

Can you really be "going your own way" if you're just sitting around jerking it to Summer Lessons?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

For some reason the thing that bugs me the most about this is the fact that we would have to be dramatically more technological advanced to build a robot that even remotely resembles the "look and feel" (much less behavior) of a human. It would require a level of technology that isn't even really on the horizon. It's something that definitely won't happen in our lifetimes.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

For some reason the thing that bugs me the most about this is the fact that we would have to be dramatically more technological advanced to build a robot that even remotely resembles the "look and feel" (much less behavior) of a human. It would require a level of technology that isn't even really on the horizon. It's something that definitely won't happen in our lifetimes.

These morons think pulp dystopias are good and you're expecting them to be rational?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ytlaya posted:

Will gently caress an uncanny-valley anime android with dead giant eyes, won't gently caress a man

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Ytlaya posted:

For some reason the thing that bugs me the most about this is the fact that we would have to be dramatically more technological advanced to build a robot that even remotely resembles the "look and feel" (much less behavior) of a human

they don't think women are truly human either though... all they want is some kind of inanimate object with a pussy that can make breakfast and will never argue with them or disagree in any way; buy them one of those all in one toaster/egg cooker combo machines and tape a fleshlight to it and that's sufficient

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

InediblePenguin posted:

they don't think women are truly human either though... all they want is some kind of inanimate object with a pussy that can make breakfast and will never argue with them or disagree in any way; buy them one of those all in one toaster/egg cooker combo machines and tape a fleshlight to it and that's sufficient

Just wait for it to cool down first, then go nuts.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

PhazonLink posted:

A bunch of nerds want to gently caress sexbots and are trying to make sexbots.

A glorious new world!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Im gonna get a program that replaces MGTOW with the He Man Woman Haters Club

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

So is this guy getting his bigoted opinions mixed up and thinks there are only two genders races?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pack it in guys, this genius has figured it all out at 14.

Simple logic.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I wonder how many Mexican people would enjoy hearing that guy say that Mexican heritage comes from a country that occupied their land for like a fraction of the time that people have been living there.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"I'm not racist because Mexicans are actually white" is a new one. :wtc:

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Clearly this guy has never heard of Mestizo

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Electric Lady posted:

I wonder how many Mexican people would enjoy hearing that guy say that Mexican heritage comes from a country that occupied their land for like a fraction of the time that people have been living there.

Mexicans don't still hack people's hearts out to keep the Sun moving, though.

As far as I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
The line, "Spanish is not a race, their heritage comes from Spain.", is quite magical.