Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Lol OP it is tyool 2016 what do you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I worship the blood moon eagle

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Thread bookmarked in hopes SovCits show up to spew mentally unstable jibberish.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
seriouspost I think that a lot of them may suffer from asperger's or a similar syndrome because they seem totally incapable of grasping that the law is the law because society as a whole agrees it is

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Im not sure I could calmly handle that brand of insanity.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

my favourite sovcit video was the one where this guy is asked if he understands the charges and he keeps saying "I comprehend them but I do not stand under them" because 'understand' means 'stand under' which means you agree to be governed by (the law in question). iirc the judge ends up holding him in contempt. he went on youtube and used this video as proof of how much he owned the judge.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Quote-Unquote posted:

my favourite sovcit video was the one where this guy is asked if he understands the charges and he keeps saying "I comprehend them but I do not stand under them" because 'understand' means 'stand under' which means you agree to be governed by (the law in question). iirc the judge ends up holding him in contempt. he went on youtube and used this video as proof of how much he owned the judge.

I like the one where the elderly cop breaks the dude's car window with his hand and tazers the guy

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
I dont know what a sovereign citizen is but the only important thing in my life is being a Star Citizen. Let me tell you about a man with a vision, a man with an unbeatable record in games development. The man I am talking about is Chris Roberts.
Through a combination of hard work and dedication he has produced a game that has saved PC gaming. A game with high fidelity graphics, ground breaking physics and an opportunity to create a new life.

Imagine being a space trader, star pilot or perhaps a dastardly pirate, all of these can be lived in Chris Roberts universe.

When I log on i am so immersed in the universe that I only realise a day has passed when sunlight peeks through my black out curtain.

Come join goonfleet and participate in giant space battles, the goon train has no brakes and we are a good bunch of guys. Head over to the games forum to sign up.

See you in the verse friends.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

paging dr derek smart

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I bet there is a lot of cross over between both those types of citizens.

Here's some great videos for this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-32-m0_-Sg

y troll
Aug 31, 2016

by Lowtax
i think sensitive middle-class goonery is just the worst

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I was renewing my license plates and registration and etc about 5 years ago and got cornered by a sovereign citizen in the parking lot. He was very confrontational when I responded "I don't care" to his rant about not needing insurance or license plates. I still laugh about it to this day.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36499750

This stupid poo poo keeps popping up in my town. SovCits are buying ad space on billboards telling everybody that using a legal name is illegal. No description of what that means, or a website where you can find more or anything. When they first appeared, a quick googling lead to obvious retarded SovCit crap, but now thankfully it's just news articles going "nah these guys are loving dumb, ignore everything they say unless you really like going to jail".

y troll
Aug 31, 2016

by Lowtax
one time hamao and daichristina ratsoup filled me in on their sovereign citizen plans to subvert the man with H.H. and invited me to a dinner party but i ironically already knew bettter

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I am a free man of the forum. Am I replying to the thread of the legal entity "Boof Bonser" or the individual or the person? I stand here before you as a legal representative of the entity of the poster known as "935." You see you cannot probate an entity because

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013

Wafflz posted:

I bet there is a lot of cross over between both those types of citizens.

Here's some great videos for this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-32-m0_-Sg
;-*"I am a free citizen. Free citizens have all of the rights of the US citizens but don't have to follow any of the laws"
:clint: "Well, that would just be anarchy if that were the case"

Never have I heard such a succinct summary and rebuttal of SovCit bullshit.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

ConstantDelays posted:

;-*"I am a free citizen. Free citizens have all of the rights of the US citizens but don't have to follow any of the laws"

Sure, we're all living in a state of anarchy ruled by pretenders without a mandate. As it turns out, any competent jurist doesn't find this fact very interesting or clever.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I am not subject to any of your laws! However, you are, so it is illegal for you to punch me in the face because reasons.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Quote-Unquote posted:

I am not subject to any of your laws! However, you are, so it is illegal for you to punch me in the face because reasons.

The reality of this situation is more like this:

The executioner is subject to U.S. laws, so therefore it is legal for him to lower the guillotine. The executed, not being subject to U.S. laws, may attempt to escape.

y troll
Aug 31, 2016

by Lowtax

Luxury Communism posted:

The executioner is subject to U.S. laws, so therefore it is legal for him to lower the guillotine. The executed, not being subject to U.S. laws, may attempt to escape.

i see the whole premise of america world police was over your head. please drop more lsd

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

y troll posted:

i see the whole premise of america world police was over your head. please drop more lsd

I'm really gay

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i feel cold and lonely. being a sovreign citizen can be tough sometimes

y troll
Aug 31, 2016

by Lowtax

JiveHonky posted:

i feel cold and lonely. being a sovreign citizen can be tough sometimes

if u want to bull u gotta accept the risks

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

y troll posted:

if u want to bull u gotta accept the risks

I thought "bull" was from the other fetish.

y troll
Aug 31, 2016

by Lowtax
never thought of analogy as a fetish good 1

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
i remember seeing one of these videos with this girl screaming at the cop about her rights under the loving articles of confederation said she did not have to move her car (he ends up dragging her out in the end)

another great one was where a guy in a (company) truck refusing a routine check at a stop that ends up getting the (company) truck driver side window broken and gets dragged out of it

y troll
Aug 31, 2016

by Lowtax
if u ask to wear long underwear to jail in the winter is that sticking it to the man?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I made it all the way to level 14 playing a Sovereign Citizen Goon in D&D. He got walloped by a level 1 city guard in the city of Baldur's Gate.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

There was a sovereign citizen who would fly his camera drone around the data center i work around and upload the videos to youtube with commentary saying things like "this is where they're starting the project to take all of your memories" or some insane poo poo. he also recorded it when a bunch of our security came out and confronted him.

i think it went something like this
"you can't loving fly a drone over a construction site or over private property"
"i've never heard of those laws, but it doesn't matter anyway, because i don't follow your laws. i'm a sovereign citizen."

he ended up getting arrested when his drone died and fell onto the property and then he trespassed to get it.

TwoStepBoog fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 31, 2016

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Luxury Communism posted:

But the "executed" is in fact a citizen subject to laws, and the "executioner" must treat him properly when he issues him a parking ticket. It's not like a cop would get a pat on the back for shooting self-declared sovereign citizens.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

My fav sovcit video was the one with the lady who called 911 to complain about the cop trying to pull her over and saying that it would cost them something stupid like $10k for her to do so as per agreement

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hey Boof Bonser, I hope you're actually Boof Bonser because if so I watched you pitch a lot of mediocre games in the mid-00s in the metrodome.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

steinrokkan posted:

But the "executed" is in fact a citizen subject to laws, and the "executioner" must treat him properly when he issues him a parking ticket. It's not like a cop would get a pat on the back for shooting self-declared sovereign citizens.

You are right, the execution itself is the act of subjecting the citizen to the law. It is the power of enforcement itself that legitimates the government, if anything does.

JayhawkCSC
Sep 18, 2012
I'm not reading this thread, I am traveling.

:smuggo:

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!

ConstantDelays posted:

The fact that people bother rebutting is mind boggling to me. Why reason with someone who thinks you can just opt out of the law using magical words?

Also, I love the inherent contradiction with Sovereigns, which is that they think the government is fundamentally illegitimate but they loving love litigation. In other words, the government is fundamentally illegitimate, except insofar as the judicial branch wants to grant me the relief that I'm seeking.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
It's me, I'm "the Jews"

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
I do not wish to create joinder with this thread.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Pudding Huxtable posted:

Is your name in all caps? Is there a gold embossed fringe indicating maritime jurisdiction cuck hth

i'm glad that lavoy "tarp man" finicum is dead

he was the dumbest mother fucker

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think my favourite of the sovcit types are the seasteaders. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

That Robot posted:

i'm glad that lavoy "tarp man" finicum is dead

he was the dumbest mother fucker

he is a sovereign skeleton now

• Locked thread