Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rest in pieces

or at least take a short nap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

nimby posted:

Maybe juggs has a secret technique where he wants to be split up :ohdear:

"No, really. I meant to do that."

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

akulanization posted:

The old backstory for her was that she was a general that led the conquest of multiple universes. So both halves of 7 juggs over there didn't have anywhere near enough scouring.
Yeah, based on the blog posts Maya is a survivor of the Universal War which determined the 7 surviving Demiurges, fighting for the Middle Army of which Incubus was probably a member of originally.

There aren't a ton of survivors of the Universal War left and every single one of them is a terror.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Come to think of it, I'm actually a little surprised by how completely Juggernaut failed here. He's been hyped up as a significant villain, one of the most powerful antagonistic angels and one of the instigators of the whole story, but on his first proper outing against our heroes, he loses his race with White Chain and gets oneshotted by Maya. Which, according to what we've been told so far, means he won't be back for a while (if he'll be back at all within the timespan of the comic), at which point our heroes should have levelled up enough to clown him even harder. I dunno, I would have expected him to manage to pull off some more bad poo poo and get Allison and her gang into a bit more trouble before hitting this point.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Darth Walrus posted:

Come to think of it, I'm actually a little surprised by how completely Juggernaut failed here. He's been hyped up as a significant villain, one of the most powerful antagonistic angels and one of the instigators of the whole story, but on his first proper outing against our heroes, he loses his race with White Chain and gets oneshotted by Maya. Which, according to what we've been told so far, means he won't be back for a while (if he'll be back at all within the timespan of the comic), at which point our heroes should have levelled up enough to clown him even harder. I dunno, I would have expected him to manage to pull off some more bad poo poo and get Allison and her gang into a bit more trouble before hitting this point.

Getting his armour beaten up won't freeze him, it'll just dump him back to the Void. He has to die Voidside in order to regenerate. All he needs after this is a new set of armour or his old set fixed. Which would normally be a big ask, but Metatron's apparently handing it out like candy.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
To me a guy totally covered in spikes and sharp things slashing his way through getting owned by a true master in the Art of Cutting without even a proper sword fits the comic very well

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Isn't the wheel(s) Jugg's real body/armour?

Are we going to see a surprise Wheeling?

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

MikeJF posted:

Getting his armour beaten up won't freeze him, it'll just dump him back to the Void. He has to die Voidside in order to regenerate.
Nope, dying in the physical world is a proper reset.

I can think of a couple of escape routes for Juggernaut to avoid dying, losing his memories and being seriously down-powered. This seems necessary for the plot given that he isn't just some bad rear end, but the speaker for one of the primary factions in the story.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Nope, dying in the physical world is a proper reset.

It's not, but it's possible for a death in the real world to trigger a void-death if it's sudden and damaging enough, which apparently accounts for most of White Chain's most recent resets. This might count. We'll see. Nothing's certain.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Aug 31, 2016

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
47 Robin the Not Quite So Metal as Juggernaut Star is the new Speaker for Thorns now.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

MikeJF posted:

It's not, but it's possible for a death in the real world to trigger a void-death if it's sudden and damaging enough, which accounts for most of White Chain's most recent resets. This might count, but I'm not expecting it, I think we'll be stuck with Jugs causing trouble for a while.

I dunno. Jugs literally got sundered in twain. I doubt that cutting an angels body with the angel inside doesn't mean it's spirit got cut too.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Of course, Maya split the palace too.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Does this mean the whole place is gonna explode? She can probably cut the explosion too.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Demiurge4 posted:

I dunno. Jugs literally got sundered in twain. I doubt that cutting an angels body with the angel inside doesn't mean it's spirit got cut too.

Except that Juggernaut Star's halo got cut, too. It looks like when Maya Cuts, she is very thorough.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

:negative: so much lore. We'll see just how bad rear end Juggs is if being sliced in half doesn't count as a traumatic experience.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It would be very funny if this is the moment the wheel is revealed to be Juggs, not the spiky man, or at least a part of Juggs.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4hnA8jXwo&t=52s

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0&t=62s

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

AtomikKrab posted:

Well, I think 7 juggernaut star scours the heavens, cleaved by might. Is gonna be real pissed in a hundred years.

There's no way Juggy is gone for that long.

Grenrow
Apr 11, 2016
After this debacle, even 76 Trombones Leads the Big Parade will be laughing at Juggernaut.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Press R1 to split the heavens.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Honestly I'm just rooting for whichever course of events that results in Juggy getting clowned on again and again, Team Rocket style.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

SexyBlindfold posted:

Honestly I'm just rooting for whichever course of events that results in Juggy getting clowned on again and again, Team Rocket style.

I hope that 10 Vigilant Gaze and his buddies are having a tea party when Juggs materializes.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I hope that Juggs does not become lame failure and is still an actual threat because I'd find that to be a waste of a character.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

SunAndSpring posted:

I hope that Juggs does not become lame failure and is still an actual threat because I'd find that to be a waste of a character.

somehow i don't think something as normal as being cut in half by the idea of a sword is going to one-hit k.o. old juggy

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

SunAndSpring posted:

At this point in the story, there's exactly one character that has been shown to be at or above Juggernaut's level, and the only surprise was just how effective Maya is.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

SunAndSpring posted:

Juggs doesn't have any character beyond being an edgelord of a clown.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

He's had a catastrophic armour breach. Unless his buddy Jagganoth has set him up with something really special, there's nothing an angel can really do about that.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Juggernaut Star is the Worf of k6bd. He will get clowned by literally every new character to establish how threatening they are.

e/ unrelated, I hadn't been going to order the book because I haven't done dead trees in ages and just assumed it would be expensive, but £12.50 from bookdepository with free shipping is like :shittypop:, gimme that poo poo

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 31, 2016

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker
Funny if Abbadon just let Juggs get owned so he could stop getting dumb powerlevel questions.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the thing is Juggernaut star has been a complete gently caress up and an idiot from the very first time we met him.

The first thing we see him do is cut off Zoss head, to no effect, and then run away with the wrong loving person.

He's a devotee to some grand cosmic cause who openly mocks devotion without any clue that he's a huge hypocrite. And then he challenges another angel to a contest with the threat of killing the person his own loving faction wants to keep alive (for the time being).

you only forget he's an amazing god damned idiot because he looks and sometimes acts metal as hell

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Juggers apparently has a bit of his own agenda going on.

Hiveminded posted:

Isn't the wheel(s) Jugg's real body/armour?

Are we going to see a surprise Wheeling?

SunAndSpring posted:

It would be very funny if this is the moment the wheel is revealed to be Juggs, not the spiky man, or at least a part of Juggs.
Woe be he that mistakes the rider for the steed.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

the thing is Juggernaut star has been a complete gently caress up and an idiot from the very first time we met him.

The first thing we see him do is cut off Zoss head, to no effect, and then run away with the wrong loving person.

He's a devotee to some grand cosmic cause who openly mocks devotion without any clue that he's a huge hypocrite. And then he challenges another angel to a contest with the threat of killing the person his own loving faction wants to keep alive (for the time being).

you only forget he's an amazing god damned idiot because he looks and sometimes acts metal as hell

Stupid isn't the same as non-threatening. He's the head of the single most belligerent angelic faction, is addicted to violence, and has only died six times. That means something. You can be dumb as hell and still a huge deal if you're tough and deadly enough, and everything up until Maya indicated that he was one of the really big players.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, Juggernaut Star's fatal flaw is his aggression. He's utterly devoted to his cause but his need to TAKE THE WHEEL to anything that offends him (read: 99.9% of creation) causes him to act recklessly. Normally that's not a problem because he's such a badass, but Zoss' premature execution fouled up his plans and now he's finally run into someone who's way out of his league.

Maya cut through his special Thorn armor like rice paper. He poured his entire life into something so fragile. I find it hilarious.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

Stupid isn't the same as non-threatening. He's the head of the single most belligerent angelic faction, is addicted to violence, and has only died six times. That means something. You can be dumb as hell and still a huge deal if you're tough and deadly enough, and everything up until Maya indicated that he was one of the really big players.

The really big players are the Demiurges and a scared sorority girl just took one of them out with a tiki torch. Juggernaut Star is/was an arrogant psychopath who got by on sheer aggression and being an angel, and Maya has been an arbitrarily lethal presence hanging out on the sidelines casually annihilating anyone who tries to gently caress with her all along. 'Power levels' are bullshit for people who think all narratives must operate on the principles of a videogame.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 31, 2016

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Oxxidation posted:

METATRON TAKE THE WHEEL

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Solomon David gets terminally wrecked when Allison disses on his LCD Soundsystem shirt

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Oxxidation posted:

He poured his entire life into something so fragile. I find it hilarious.

The sanctioned action is to laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

The really big players are the Demiurges and a scared sorority girl just took one of them out with a tiki torch. Juggernaut Star is/was an arrogant psychopath who got by on sheer aggression and being an angel, and Maya has been an arbitrarily lethal presence hanging out on the sidelines casually annihilating anyone who tries to gently caress with her all along. 'Power levels' are bullshit for people who think all narratives must operate on the principles of a videogame.

He didn't just get by by being an angel, though. Even among angels, he's a straight-up monster, as evidenced by him becoming leader of the most violent angel faction via violence and still not managing to die that often. White Chain is an 83, and even she hasn't seen anywhere near the level and intensity of combat that Juggernaut Star has. I get that there are bigger players out there, like Jagganoth and Metatron (and most of the tougher demiurges), but Juggs feels like a tough mid-boss rather than a starting jobber, if you get me.

I'm not surprised that Maya obliterated him. She's had Really Bad News written all over her from day one, and is placed opposite freakin' Jagganoth in the prophecy. I'm just surprised that he didn't really get to do more first.