Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Eonwe posted:

Bayonetting people is so fun that I often just waited in dark corners for people to bayonet instead of actually playing the round

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

This game is really fun, but between the connection issues and the memory leak issue (that apparently was in Battlefield 4 and :dice: never fixed it?) I can't really enjoy myself. I have to reset the game every few matches and can't reconnect.

Guess I'll check back in a day or so. I'd hate to have to play this on PS4.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

punch drunk posted:

What are the differences between the weapons of the same name? Sharpshooter vs Rifleman I'm guessing is a scope but what about the 10-A Heavy vs Factory?

The 10-A heavy has a medium range scope and it hurts out to there. It's pretty nuts since it's good up close and at a decent distance.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
boy i sure origin would let me log in not-offline-mode

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Finally got back in a server (EU).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh thank gently caress we have a Battlefield 1 thread I can lurk in because if I read one more loving HURF DURF BLACK PEOPLE IN WORLD WAR 1 :reddit: comment!

Haha seriously though, when is this server bullshit going to be sorted?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

AEMINAL posted:

For anyone still waiting on a key: connect to their support chat, they sent me one instantly

I was not able to open the support page when you mentioned this last night at about 3am EST and it still won't load this afternoon, 12 hours later :sigh: no key in email

lol "Guru Meditation:" on their 503 page, are they running this poo poo off a loving amiga or what?!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

SeanBeansShako posted:

Haha seriously though, when is this server bullshit going to be sorted?

Hopefully by the time I get home from work this evening.

Thankfully I didn't take PTO today. :smug:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

I was not able to open the support page when you mentioned this last night at about 3am EST and it still won't load this afternoon, 12 hours later :sigh: no key in email

lol "Guru Meditation:" on their 503 page, are they running this poo poo off a loving amiga or what?!

Try this: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/free-games/demos-betas

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
My key ended up in the spam folder so check that if you were expecting one but didn't receive it yet.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Uninstalled. Oh my God. This sucks. On top of all the issues I brought up the last thread being right on the money, it's incredibly telling that the map they chose for the beta- the very first impression BF1 gets to make on a public scale- is a much smaller and much worse version of BF3's Bandar Desert.

So yeah I guess it turns out that my preconceived notions about this game were entirely correct. I got a better impression from the DOOM MP beta.

So long

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'll admit, actually, I was wrong about it being a BF4 reskin. I wish that was the case. It's more like a Battlefront reskin.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I saw another cavalryman in the distance and he charged at me with his horse, saber drawn.

I shot him with the lever action. :clint:

Did I break the cardinal rules of horse dueling??

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

nelson posted:

My key ended up in the spam folder so check that if you were expecting one but didn't receive it yet.

If you have a gmail account but ignore everything but the main folder, check the others. Mine was in one of them.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I saw another cavalryman in the distance and he charged at me with his horse, saber drawn.

I shot him with the lever action. :clint:

Did I break the cardinal rules of horse dueling??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The Hellfighter guy in the opening screen really should wear a helmet or look away, dude is going to be missing his eyebrows if he's lucky.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I'm mad I fell for that :sigh:

thanks, though :f5:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I do like the music. It is very calming to listen to whilst being told about the whole lost contact to the servers thing.

So what is the general strategy when you get WW1 Heavy Weapons Guy in this map? Just party on down in the Village and and lurk about the houses?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Get on a horse

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Get on a horse

Neigh.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

moist turtleneck posted:

Get on a horse

This is the only way. Get on a horse and ride down the peasants.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I hope horses get a gas mask and some sort of armour for this one.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Why do I get put in queue when there are only 51/64 slots occupied?

Edit: And then the 30ish queue counts down in less than a minute, only to leave me "Placed in Queue: 1" for 10 minutes. :golfclap:

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 31, 2016

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

SeanBeansShako posted:

I hope horses get a gas mask and some sort of armour for this one.

So you want a horse armor DLC?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'll admit, actually, I was wrong about it being a BF4 reskin. I wish that was the case. It's more like a Battlefront reskin.

There are some noticeable faults with the game, mainly the glaring worthlessness of the medic class (in Conquest, anyway), but this game doesn't really play like Battlefront at all. The vehicle system is as different as night and day, the gun selection is way more numerous, no bullshit star cards giving you round-specific perks, there are no heroes... what are you on about? Was Oblivion a reskin of Morrowind or Skyrim a reskin of Oblivion? You seem to be really reaching in an attempt to poo poo on this game for reasons unknown. Do you want to show us on this doll where DICE touched you?

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

I'm mad I fell for that :sigh:

thanks, though :f5:

Worked for me until it has you go to an account sign-in screen. Sorry. :( That must be the hardware getting hit.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Popelmon posted:

So you want a horse armor DLC?

I hope they don't charge, if they do those monsters never saw Warhorse.

I would buy a DLC if Stephen Fry was doing his best General Melchett impressions though.

I'm not a fan of this ticketless Conquest. I gave it a try, most of the times games awkwardly end with the time running out and nobody actually accomplishing anyway. Great post modern poke at that actual war, but really sort of rubbish for gameplay.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Hey, you some kind of abused child or something? Dont like a video game? You a rape victim cause dont like Product? You think this a joke? You wanna see something really humor?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

strong bird posted:

Hey, you some kind of abused child or something? Dont like a video game? You a rape victim cause dont like Product? You think this a joke? You wanna see something really humor?

Schizophrenia's a hell of a drug.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

SeanBeansShako posted:

I would buy a DLC if Stephen Fry was doing his best General Melchett impressions though.

This game needs a dedicated "BAAAAAAAAA" button.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I know people were complaining about support class stuff last night, but that class is great if you are willing to accept some beatings at close range. Dropping trip mines is going to get you free kills, grenades and mines restock right away when you toss down ammo, the guns aren't bad so long as you remember tap firing won't work in this one.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This game needs a dedicated "BAAAAAAAAA" button.

This games adaption of that war is actually how that character saw that conflict.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Lazyfire posted:

I know people were complaining about support class stuff last night, but that class is great if you are willing to accept some beatings at close range. Dropping trip mines is going to get you free kills, grenades and mines restock right away when you toss down ammo, the guns aren't bad so long as you remember tap firing won't work in this one.

The key to destroying the train quickly is to lie prone underneath the broken one at D, throw a grenade, press 4, repeat. Support rules. :ssh: Alternatively, set a bomber up to drop fire and just lay it on the track towards A or G when Mr. Conductor & Co. try to cap.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I hope in the finished product in the Middle Eastern campaign maps Commonwealth forces will be sporting awkward khaki shorts, pith helmets and slouch hat. Get some leg in.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I hope in the finished product the servers are functional

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

strong bird posted:

I hope in the finished product the servers are functional

they are getting DDOSed right now, so good luck. its happening with blizzard too.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Bloodplay it again posted:

There are some noticeable faults with the game, mainly the glaring worthlessness of the medic class (in Conquest, anyway), but this game doesn't really play like Battlefront at all. The vehicle system is as different as night and day, the gun selection is way more numerous, no bullshit star cards giving you round-specific perks, there are no heroes... what are you on about? Was Oblivion a reskin of Morrowind or Skyrim a reskin of Oblivion? You seem to be really reaching in an attempt to poo poo on this game for reasons unknown. Do you want to show us on this doll where DICE touched you?

Lumpy is the second-rate BBG that fails miserably at shitposting 100% of the time. His post history is fascinating :allears:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Eonwe posted:

they are getting DDOSed right now, so good luck. its happening with blizzard too.

Can't wait to find out what unfunny nineties reference this group has a for a name!

strong bird
May 12, 2009

They should invest in some computer janitors

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

It's poodle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Medic by far is the most useful class with Support being worthless.