Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I will redouble my efforts to hit bosses until they fall over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Salt. Ki Pulse. Hit until stun-lock, then go High stance and just keep hitting. Or Living Weapon.

Rinse, Repeat, cash the Amrita check.

Except for that paralysis scream. gently caress everything about that.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I summoned a visitor so I could have someone help me whittle down the 2nd boss.

I didn't expect him to be fully decked out and go completely ham on her. Like he was just shredding the boss up and I was only getting pokes in. I jumped in for the final water sword though!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

J.A.B.C. posted:

Salt. Ki Pulse. Hit until stun-lock, then go High stance and just keep hitting. Or Living Weapon.

Rinse, Repeat, cash the Amrita check.

Except for that paralysis scream. gently caress everything about that.

if you boost your paralysis resist you won't even get stunned if you get hit by just one

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

if you boost your paralysis resist you won't even get stunned if you get hit by just one

Will do. I think I have a talisman for that.

Also, neat thing I discovered: The wall demons in the second mission can be removed by bowing to them. No big fight or anything. They simply bow in return, drop gold, items and amrita, and peace out.

I like this.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

J.A.B.C. posted:

Will do. I think I have a talisman for that.

Also, neat thing I discovered: The wall demons in the second mission can be removed by bowing to them. No big fight or anything. They simply bow in return, drop gold, items and amrita, and peace out.

I like this.

I think it's more than just bowing. They respond positively to different emotes, bowing is just one. Just try different ones until it works I guess

I got one to bow out by doing one of the aggressive emotes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope they just put enemy tracking as a default skill in the full game. I got used to it and now it's hard to play without the water spirit. I have item and kodama tracking from my talismans too but for those I can just put them on after I've cleared a level to find all the goodies.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Revitalized posted:

I think it's more than just bowing. They respond positively to different emotes, bowing is just one. Just try different ones until it works I guess

I got one to bow out by doing one of the aggressive emotes.

They randomly want a blue, yellow, or red gesture, you get two chances to guess right. The first one in the caves has a dev bloodstain next to it whose killed by: message gives one of the wrong choices.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

lets hang out posted:

They randomly want a blue, yellow, or red gesture, you get two chances to guess right. The first one in the caves has a dev bloodstain next to it whose killed by: message gives one of the wrong choices.

Neat. I remember the folklore about the Kappa losing its power once it bowed (get the water out of its head-bowl, done by bowing), but didn't know it went for other creatures as well. Its a nice touch.

Also, the one move where the Kappa appears behind you, stabs you for massive damage, then laughs and disappears is also in folklore, as Kappa were said to be able to steal souls from a person's anus. Japanese myth is brimming with weird poo poo like that though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Man I was so quick to do weirdo runs I didn't even know gesturing did anything. I mean, I know there's a loading screen tooltip that says that now, but I kinda thought it was being coy about talking to other players. That's all insanely cool stuff.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

lets hang out posted:

I thought it was determined by the colour of their eyes?

Also, is there more than one?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

There's at least two.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

where are the wall demons in the caves? i never found one

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

where are the wall demons in the caves? i never found one

After you get through the room with the locked door on top and the long thin hallway, there's that door you can open and has a dude immediately behind it? There's one at the end of that room.

The second one is after the second shrine, in that one somewhat open room with several pathways.

Look for two holes close by each other on the wall, they open up into eyes if you get near them and they make noise.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh yeah i saw that first room but there were a jillion dead guys in there so i though i better come back later

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i beat the cave mission and got "mark of the warrior" i thought i was supposed to be called "mark of the strong" but maybe i'm mistaken.

I now have mark of the conqueror and mark of the warrior - do i have everything?

i got conqueror in april and this new beta never recognized that i had it, even after getting it again and not beting able to claim it cause i already had it so hopefully the full game will fix this stuff up.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Real hurthling! posted:

i beat the cave mission and got "mark of the warrior" i thought i was supposed to be called "mark of the strong" but maybe i'm mistaken.

I now have mark of the conqueror and mark of the warrior - do i have everything?

i got conqueror in april and this new beta never recognized that i had it, even after getting it again and not beting able to claim it cause i already had it so hopefully the full game will fix this stuff up.

Mine did the same but it was claimed in the PS store so its probably all good.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
What are these nonrespawning glowing turtle enemies? Just loot pinatas?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Relin posted:

I have yet to actually kill one because they're like crystal lizards but worse and always slip away.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Relin posted:

Kappas, yup

slow talismans work on them. they work on everything. they're extremely good.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 1, 2016

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Did I just watch a man tell time with a cat?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah, this game has a weird tone.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yodzilla posted:

at the end of the next level you turn a man into a giant spectral bull that fuses with your soul

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

RatHat posted:

Yeah, this game has a weird tone.

I legit miss weird Japanese games like this. Bring on da chucklefucks.

e: I feel like the Oni in the cave level should have been what you fight in the first town map. They're so much easier and simpler than those hit like a truck screen filling flailing red dudes

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Yodzilla posted:

I legit miss weird Japanese games like this. Bring on da chucklefucks.

e: I feel like the Oni in the cave level should have been what you fight in the first town map. They're so much easier and simpler than those hit like a truck screen filling flailing red dudes

er aren't they the same

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

lets hang out posted:

er aren't they the same

They're the same but you're stronger from more levels in the cave area

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

lets hang out posted:

er aren't they the same

I think he means the cyclops.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I haven't beaten the cave yet but the only Oni I've fought there was some skinny, tall zombie with a big axe in the boss's office. All he really did was walk forward and do an overhead swing that was mad easy to dodge and he went down like a bitch. Those guys definitely aren't in the first level.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yodzilla posted:

I haven't beaten the cave yet but the only Oni I've fought there was some skinny, tall zombie with a big axe in the boss's office. All he really did was walk forward and do an overhead swing that was mad easy to dodge and he went down like a bitch. Those guys definitely aren't in the first level.

go deeper.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Wow this cave really is a "the real enemy is the camera" level isn't it.

e: also grab attacks in Souls games are still complete bullshit

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Yodzilla posted:

Wow this cave really is a "the real enemy is the camera" level isn't it.

e: also grab attacks in Souls games are still complete bullshit

That, and bats

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You can hear the bats and see bat poop wherever they are so they're pretty easy to avoid/prepare for.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
The bats are so cheap, goofy, and bad looking I really can't be mad at them.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, when you shoot one bat, they all fly away, right? You can see them and hear them making little bat noises ahead of time.

The first time is definitely a gotcha though.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
My friend did a kneeling down prayer gesture and the demon wall just flattened him.

This game

Passburger
May 4, 2013

WaltherFeng posted:

My friend did a kneeling down prayer gesture and the demon wall just flattened him.

This game

I too was flattened once, but the Dev-corpse next to it warned me that he got evened out with the floor because the demon-wall thought he was getting to friendly with it. Later I did a sumo "come-get-some" gesture to it, then it high-fived me and gave me loot.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

WaltherFeng posted:

This game

Speaking of those, where are all the locations? I only found 1.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
It's stupid how much I want to keep playing this game.

It's bullshit how the vampire can just chain projectile stun you.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Belzac posted:

Strategy for all Nioh bosses:

Dodge or block their attack.

Hit them between their attacks.

One simple trick to defeat all dark souls bosses!

Demons hate him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Vampire pro tip: just loving let her do her thing and attack during her cooldowns. Her stun moves are crap but just give her room and learn timing and you can let her flail around as much as she wants.

But yo it's hot loving poo poo that when you go to fight that Unmatched Warrior there's no shrine so WHOOPS if you can't beat him there goes all your souls.

e: lol those wallpaper image resolutions for completing the survey what loving year is this

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 1, 2016