Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
Diancie doesn't make much sense to me. I get they were trying to make it a rare thing to carbink (evolution?) but then there is no actual link to them. Carbink doesn't evolve into it. Another missed opportunity. They could've given out a rare item that evolves Carbink. I don't want some random princess coming in. I don't know her. I want this ugly carbink, my bestie, to turn into the princess.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Diancie is just further proof that event pokemon are awful. Could of been a cool Carbink evolution, but instead its a completely separate thing.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Speaking of events:

You can get Victinti now.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Speaking of events:

You can get Victinti now.

dont forget its once per game

get all your victinis and swim in a pile of them. they dont have v-create so theres not much else to do with them

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Calaveron posted:

OHKO moves like Fissure and Horn Drill were 100% based around speed and Blastoise was a slow fucker

Fissure Blastoise is a legit speedrun strategy. In Gen I X-Accuracy ignores all accuracy checks so you just oneshot everything on the ground and Blizzard any flying foes. Also Blizzard has 90 accuracy in Gen I so swap Ice Beam out for that if you need more power.

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 1, 2016

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Ampharos can use Power Gem, but...Diancie can't...huh. Nintendo is weird.

Power Gem is okay for Ampharos, making it possibly the only decent Pokemon that can use it to some effect. my normal Ampharos in-game moveset is Thunderbolt/Signal Beam/Power Gem/Thunder Wave. sometimes Iron Tail, lol.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Kelp Plankton posted:

dont forget its once per game

get all your victinis and swim in a pile of them. they dont have v-create so theres not much else to do with them

They should allow tutoring of V-Create the same way they do Secret Sword and Relic Song.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Spatula City posted:

Ampharos can use Power Gem, but...Diancie can't...huh. Nintendo is weird.

Power Gem is okay for Ampharos, making it possibly the only decent Pokemon that can use it to some effect. my normal Ampharos in-game moveset is Thunderbolt/Signal Beam/Power Gem/Thunder Wave. sometimes Iron Tail, lol.

I like to teach it to Starmie.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Victini that is now available does not know V-Create. Bulbapedia claims that there was a Japan-only serial code giveaway of Victinis with V-Create. I wonder if gen 7 will allow it to be tutored or something, or it will remain an event-exclusive move.

This matters, of course, because I got to decide what nature I want mine to have.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zuzie posted:

Mega Audino gains Healer, the subpar ability that regular Audino already has. Medicham is just regular Medicham squared. Glalie and Banette were given interesting gimmicks but requires dying to use effectively (Banette gets a Prankster Destiny Bond while Glalie has a Refrigerated Explosion). Even Pidgeot is gimped because of its crummy movepool and No Guard letting it get hit by things like Stone Edge.

Beedrill benefited from Mega Evolution the most since regular Beedrill wasn't worth using beforehand.

pidgeot gets a stab special never missing 110 base power move in one of the best attacking types in the game and mega-medicham is the best wall breaker in ou

both of them are better than mega beedrill because they can stay in without exploding

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

espeon should be able to learn power gem

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

The Victini that is now available does not know V-Create. Bulbapedia claims that there was a Japan-only serial code giveaway of Victinis with V-Create. I wonder if gen 7 will allow it to be tutored or something, or it will remain an event-exclusive move.

This matters, of course, because I got to decide what nature I want mine to have.

Why would Victini get Rayquaza's signature move?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Actually mega beedrill is the best because its loving beedrill and it can actually kill stuff! :eyepop:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I have eight (8) phionas so far I am naming them by their birth order (hydreight)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kelp Plankton posted:

they dont have v-create

WHY NOT!? :argh:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm gonna restart my game of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire this month to event farm some Victinis and trade them for event Pokemon from earlier this year. I've got some time tomorrow, so I can get you an extra one probably. Just let me know what natures you would like, and I can soft reset until I get one. If you have something cool to trade, awesome, if not, NP.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I thought you weren't allowed to put pokemon received via mystery gift on the GTS?

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I thought you weren't allowed to put pokemon received via mystery gift on the GTS?

You can trade them with people on your 3DS friends list, though. Also, I'm part of other Pokemon trading communities to meet other people who want to trade legendaries, etc..

ETA: Which reminds me, if you have a PAL 3DS (Europe, Australia, New Zealand), right now you can get a Darkrai Mystery Gift by using the code DARKRAI2016. There's also a Mewoth with the move Happy Hour with the code HAPPY. No idea when they end, but both started recently.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 1, 2016

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Catalina posted:

ETA: Which reminds me, if you have a PAL 3DS (Europe, Australia, New Zealand), right now you can get a Darkrai Mystery Gift by using the code DARKRAI2016. There's also a Mewoth with the move Happy Hour with the code HAPPY. No idea when they end, but both started recently.

Thanks for the heads up, where do you get the information about the codes from by the way?

EDIT: Thanks

mmkay fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 1, 2016

Catalina
May 20, 2008

mmkay posted:

Thanks for the heads up, where do you get the information about the codes from by the way?

:ssh: Reddit

Serebii.net also has a list of current event Pokemon sorted by region.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

cancerianmoth posted:

Pretty sure GF still has no clue what they are doing in some aspects of the game. Like movepools that doesn't match the ability- poor flareon. I wish they would just revamp movepools . Don't even care if they don't change the stats bc now we know they are doing megas/alolan/whatever. I would totally use Carbink (edit: carbink was a bad example) if it's movepool had more to it. Like Kingler- it has sheer force but no waterfall, or much else that would support it better.

kingler has crabhammer

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Catalina posted:

Serebii.net also has a list of current event Pokemon sorted by region.

What is this bullshit??? There was a HA Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres giveaway?

I was subscribed to the Pokemon Trainer Club like ages ago, and when I went to check, the latest mail I received was like last December asking me to confirm if I still want to be subscribed to Pokemon Trainer Club. Obviously I saw it just now so I didn't answer so I was automatically unsubscribed.

THE gently caress. What newsletter spam even does that?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Elfgames posted:

kingler has crabhammer

crabhammer is very good but it isn't boosted by sheer force, which is sort of their point

Ms. Unsmiley fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Sep 1, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

lezard_valeth posted:

What is this bullshit??? There was a HA Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres giveaway?

I was subscribed to the Pokemon Trainer Club like ages ago, and when I went to check, the latest mail I received was like last December asking me to confirm if I still want to be subscribed to Pokemon Trainer Club. Obviously I saw it just now so I didn't answer so I was automatically unsubscribed.

THE gently caress. What newsletter spam even does that?

If it helps all their HA suck poo poo and in fact out of those three only Zapdos is worth any attention.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

static is a v good ability on zapdos

it's no lightning rod but I'll take anything that completely fucks up talonflame's day

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/771229064162009088?lang=en

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Anybody have a decent IV'd Sheer Force Nidoran (or whatever he has before he's a Nidoking) preferably in an egg that they don't need?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

people actually like barbaracle??

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kerrrrrrr posted:

people actually like barbaracle??

There is only one pokemon no one likes

its Blissey

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
dark/normal rattata, how exciting *yawns loudly*

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

SnorlianZ is very exciting though

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fritzler posted:

SnorlianZ is very exciting though

yeah that's cool, that and the rat were the only 2 things i got to see

i wonder how many z-moves will be specific pokemon only

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Wait, what are you two talking about?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Zore posted:

There's a direct going on right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUCcvWNRTl0

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Zore posted:

Some Pokemon have their own specific Z moves. They only showed snorlax and Aloan Raichu. For the first like two months of the game players can get a free Munchlax with SnorlianZ the item that gives Snorlax his special Z move, Pressed Pancake. He does a huge Belly flop on the opponent with it.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

cancerianmoth posted:

Diancie doesn't make much sense to me. I get they were trying to make it a rare thing to carbink (evolution?) but then there is no actual link to them. Carbink doesn't evolve into it. Another missed opportunity. They could've given out a rare item that evolves Carbink. I don't want some random princess coming in. I don't know her. I want this ugly carbink, my bestie, to turn into the princess.

It was probably originally a Carbink evolution, but got singled out once Gamefreak realized that they didn't have the required cute little Legendary. I assume it took the role Hoopa was originally meant to have.

Zore posted:

Seconding this question. Has some new reveal happened?

Edit: Ah. Nevermind

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Mustache rat.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
New Rattata is lame.

:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that rules