Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

sweeperbravo posted:

i mean like spagh is the sound you would instantly make

ooh.. in that case well done then :frog::respek::unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SneakyFrog posted:

:wrong:

What abomination of "sauce" can be accomplished in 5 minutes?

OK, like I'm not defending that likely terrible product, and sauce from a jar isn't as good as grandma italiano's all day sauce from scratch with heirloom tomatoes from her secret garden, but it's not like the sauce is being made in 5 minutes. Like sauce from a jar, it's just being heated up. Jar sauce isn't an "abomination" even if it's not the best thing.

That stuff is still probably p gross, though. Spagh!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Hello again, ugly food thread. The other night, I made what might be the ugliest food I've ever made.

Astoundingly so.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think the bowl with corners is worse than the food, personally.

Of course, I thought those were bran flakes at first.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

We don't have a lot of dishes (and almost all of my bad food photography takes place in one flat bowl) but why do I see so many people eating out of paper bowls and paper plates in their homes???? I'll admit that I let dishes sit in the sink for a few hours or overnight if I'm lazy, and to be fair I developed severe hand eczema from washing dishes in the past few months, but they're not an insurmountable task that makes me want to buy disposable stuff. Buy a drat plate

snoo has a new favorite as of 01:04 on Sep 1, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Trent posted:

I think the bowl with corners is worse than the food, personally.

Tell me about it, but, this was a giant rear end matching set and I couldn't pass it up. Whole bunch of black octagons, the lot of them.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Snoo posted:

We don't have a lot of dishes (and almost all of my bad food photography takes place in one flat bowl) but why do I see so many people eating out of paper bowls and paper plates at home????I'll admit that I let dishes sit in the sink for a few hours or overnight if I'm lazy, and to be fair I developed severe hand eczema from washing dishes in the past few months, but idgi. Buy a plate

Assuming they have running water to wash plates. It actually costs more to eat from disposable stuff, since you can get ceramic or glass plates and bowls from places like dollar tree for literally $1 each or less. So, "buy a plate" probably is not the solution. People do it out of extreme laziness I imagine.

Of course, why you would then take a picture bragging about it to post on the internet is another question. Unless it's like a cookout or birthday party or something with lots of guests, of course.

Redneck-chic?

The Bloop has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Sep 1, 2016

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

When i want instant spaghetti I dump jarred pasta sauce on a packet of ramen noodles instead of the little seasoning packet and that only takes 3 minutes.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

rodbeard posted:

When i want instant spaghetti I dump jarred pasta sauce on a packet of ramen noodles instead of the little seasoning packet and that only takes 3 minutes.

You disgust me.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Why is it such a "thing" in food photography for only a tiny portion of the food to be in focus and everything else be blurred to hell? At least in that case it makes the food look much worse than it probably actually was (which, to be fair, may have been exactly what you were going for but people do it all the time to things that are supposed to look good, which is what I don't "get").

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

It's a trend in photography in general now in the hipster crowd. It's supposed to be artistic.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Murphy Brownback posted:

Why is it such a "thing" in food photography for only a tiny portion of the food to be in focus and everything else be blurred to hell? At least in that case it makes the food look much worse than it probably actually was (which, to be fair, may have been exactly what you were going for but people do it all the time to things that are supposed to look good, which is what I don't "get").

bokeh is cruise control for "art"

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Also shooting wide open requires far less light. It helps because eating ugly food in the dark is par the course.

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006
Bokeh also means slow or stupid in Japanese, so it's appropriate.

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

The Snoo posted:

We don't have a lot of dishes (and almost all of my bad food photography takes place in one flat bowl) but why do I see so many people eating out of paper bowls and paper plates in their homes???? I'll admit that I let dishes sit in the sink for a few hours or overnight if I'm lazy, and to be fair I developed severe hand eczema from washing dishes in the past few months, but they're not an insurmountable task that makes me want to buy disposable stuff. Buy a drat plate

Maybe wear gloves to do the dishes? Bonus is that you can set the water hotter than you normally do for extra clean dishes!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Just like momma Gein used to make

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

No, I'm Marcus Hoffman. I design speedboats.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Rolled Cabbage posted:

Bokeh also means slow or stupid in Japanese, so it's appropriate.

As a patron of superior Nihongonese animatics, I believe you mean "baka".

Anyway, this is something.
https://imgur.com/a/JsOa2

PubicMice has a new favorite as of 22:12 on Sep 1, 2016

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

SneakyFrog posted:

Just like momma Gein used to make

This is an excellent post. Ed Gein is highly underrated as far as crazed serial killers to.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

This whole post is terrifying, but this picture may be the least appetizing picture of anything ever taken.

edit: Lol

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The Canadian in me wouldn't refuse these at least once.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Fish Of Doom posted:

This whole post is terrifying, but this picture may be the least appetizing picture of anything ever taken.

edit: Lol

A pb schmear.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

NewFatMike posted:

This is an excellent post. Ed Gein is highly underrated as far as crazed serial killers to.

The maitre'd at Harbor Bar?

My contribution:

I like boudin noir as much as the next guy who likes boudin noir, but this presentation? WTF

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Fish Of Doom posted:

This cannot be food. This is part of a 3D exhibition of the Bristol Stool Chart.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Un chien andalou posted:

Maybe wear gloves to do the dishes? Bonus is that you can set the water hotter than you normally do for extra clean dishes!

I do have gloves now :3:

This is my kind of lazy, fat dinner.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Ugh, this has happened to me. I was out in the back yard, heard a BANG, and came in to find my casserole had exploded. This was almost five years ago and I still find little bits of glass under the stove sometimes.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Ugh, this has happened to me. I was out in the back yard, heard a BANG, and came in to find my casserole had exploded. This was almost five years ago and I still find little bits of glass under the stove sometimes.

Looks perfectly fine to me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gotta get silica in your diet somehow

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

That must have been a pain in the rear end to clean up

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

"WE CAN REBUILD HIM. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY"

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

InediblePenguin posted:

"WE CAN REBUILD HIM. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY"

Peppa Pig is a her. We can rebuild her. It's too small to be Daddy Pig.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

sweeperbravo posted:

This cannot be food. This is part of a 3D exhibition of the Bristol Stool Chart.

If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down, if it's that go see a doctor.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 08:17 on Sep 2, 2016

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down, if it's that go see a doctor.

If it's red, it could be colon cancer and if you don't have that checked out you could be dead.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Titus Sardonicus posted:

If it's red, it could be colon cancer and if you don't have that checked out you could be dead.

It's beets.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

BraveUlysses posted:

I turned off the oven, left it open, went out and got tacos, and cleaned it up once it cooled down.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

BraveUlysses posted:

Could be worse, at least it's a gas range. Imagine trying to get that out from between/off of where it baked onto the coils of an electric oven.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjMCABDmY8c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Nuevo posted:

Could be worse, at least it's a gas range. Imagine trying to get that out from between/off of where it baked onto the coils of an electric oven.

2-3 self clean cycles, walk away.

Then throw the range out.