Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Super C for NES is on 3DS/Wii/Wii U VC. It's good!

Contra 3 for SNES is on Wii/Wii U/New 3DS VC. It's better!

Contra 3 EX for GBA is on Wii U VC. It sucks, don't buy it.

Contra Rebirth is an original game released on WiiWare. It's short and low-budget but fun and entertainingly stupid.

Oh I didnt know they made a Contra Rebirth too, Ive only ever played CV Rebirth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

irlZaphod posted:

Was there ever a Contra game on the Mega Drive?

Yeah, Contra Hard Corps. It's also very good but it's never been re-released. (Contra 3 EX for GBA is a lovely mashup of Contra 3 and Hard Corps that ruins both games.)

In Training posted:

Yeah, there's a Gradius Rebirth as well.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i love the good boys at m2

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

Was there ever a Contra game on the Mega Drive?

Who needs Contra when you've got Gunstar Heroes

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
New rewards up at my nintendo. They're junk.

Well, 30% off star fox 3ds seems fine

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 1, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

woofbro posted:

Who needs Contra when you've got Gunstar Heroes

Why not both? Mega Drive, the superior console experience.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm going to pretend the My Nintendo Mario Kart 8 discounts mean we're getting the Metroid/Kirby MK8 DLC pack I've been waiting for in today's direct

yes I know the direct is 3DS only shut up

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Is it starting in 40 minutes or did I get the time wrong?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

The Mario Kart 8 DLC gold coin reward is pretty cool, and I'm going to grab it. Other than that, those are some crappy rewards again.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sakurazuka posted:

The Contra 3 music is good but about as subtle as being shot in the face.

Only SNES soundtracks better than CV 4 are Chrono Trigger and maybe FF 6.

You're right but Contra 3 is not a subtle game so it works.

In Training posted:

Contra Rebirth is pretty great because it goes even further than 3 with the crazy bosses and situations. For instance, the first boss is a giant space parasite worm that you fight while hopping between chunks of the space station that it destroyed while you were in it as the wreckage burns up in Earth's atmosphere as it falls.

Contra 4 also did a good job with that sort of crazy poo poo.

edit: essentially any game where levels can be described like a little kid trying to improvise is good. ("so you're on a motorcycle and an alien ship flies over so you fight the alien ship and then a helicopter picks you up but a robot ninja attacks you while you hang on to a missile on the helicopter and then the helicopter fires the missile at the alien ship and you have to hop between missiles being fired at the alien ship while you shoot at it and then the alien ship explodes and the helicopter comes back to pick you up before you fall")

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 1, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saoshyant posted:

Is it starting in 40 minutes or did I get the time wrong?

28 minutes now

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Word. I'm ready.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, there's a Gradius Rebirth as well.

I'm a huge sucker for Gradius games. Once I finish Collection, I might have to give this a shot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mario Maker is coming to 3DS December 2nd.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Zelda: Skyward Sword will be out on the Wii U eShop right away after the Direct, at least in Europe.

That's pretty neat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's the Wii version not a port right?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Sure, there's no reason to assume otherwise.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Picross 3D 2 is out today as well.

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

In Training posted:

Mario Maker is coming to 3DS December 2nd.

Folks in the 3DS thread are saying it only has local course sharing, though :negative:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's my ghetto summary of the EU direct

-Pokemon Sun/Moon, New 3DS XL bundle, 2DS bundle... I missed this part.

-Super Mario Maker 3DS! 100 Nintendo-made levels, complete extra challenges for medals (get all coins, kill all enemies, etc). Compatible with most Wii U stages; level editor has everything from the Wii U version except Mystery Mushrooms/costumes. Stage sharing is local/streetpass only? You can share incomplete courses. Out December 2!

-Mario Party Star Rush: this is a weird new grid-based format with simultaneous movement and character recruitment and other odd poo poo? it looks interesting! Combatible with SMB series amiibo. Local multiplayer, limited download play; "Mario Party Star Rush: Party Guest" eShop download lets non-owners play the full multiplayer game with anyone who owns the full version. Game & new SMB amiibo out November 11.

-Classic Zelda amiibo! Pixel Link, OOT Link, Toon Link, Toon Zelda, out this winter, same functionality as existing character

-Skyward Sword (Wii DL) out on Wii U today!

-NES Classic Mini trailer, wasn't watching

-Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC: Toon Zelda, Toon Link weapon, new map, etc, out today!

-Animal Crossing New Leaf update: adds amiibo functionality for AC figures/cards & "select other figures". 50 new AC amiibo cards out November 11. "AC NEW Leaf: Welcome Amiibo" re-release with amiibo patch & exclusive amiibo card out November 24. Dedicated Animal Crossing Direct coming soon!

-Rhythm Paradise Megamix, out October 21! Demo available today!

-Dragon Quest 7 trailer! buy digitally, get a free menu theme.

-Dragon Quest 8 trailer! out "early 2017"

-Picross 3D: Round 2 announcement trailer! Over 300 3D Picross puzzles, amiibo support, etc. Out December 2!

-Picross 3D (DS) out on Wii U VC today!

-Indie guy's here!

-Streetpass Mii Plaza update! additional "Swift Play Plaza" for faster interface, premium users can queue 100 streetpass Miis, etc

-New Streetpass Plaza games: Slot Racer! Chef! Stock Trader! Explorers! Ninja! these games were designed to be extra-quick to play and check. out today!

-Tank Troopers for 3DS eShop! Third-person toony tank action, 6-player download play, out 2017.

-third-party trailers

-Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World for 3DS! Every stage from the Wii U version plus new Poochy-focused stages, Poocky items, etc plus 30 stop-motion Yoshi & Poochy shorts. Out February 3. YARN POOCHY AMIIBO

-Ever Oasis, a 3DS action-RPG by the creator of Secret of Mana - the same one they revealed at E3. Out "2017"

-Mario Sports Super Stars - football (soccer), baseball, tennis, golf, horse racing. Single-player tournament modes plus local and online multiplayer. Out "spring 2017"

-Pikmin 3DS (no title)?! It's a sidescroller with Olimar that uses stylus controls to throw Pikmin, kinda like Kirby Mass Attack? it's being designed as an action game first and foremost. Out 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

It's gonna be the Wii version. They'd have to put in a shitload of work to excise the Motion Plus controls otherwise if it was going to be another HD version (can't guarantee everyone has Wiimotes, you see).

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Is Picross 3D 2 out today in NA? How come we have to wait for it. :mad:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Shibaaataaaa :argh:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Here's my ghetto summary of the EU direct

-Pokemon Sun/Moon, New 3DS XL bundle, 2DS bundle... I missed this part.
The other Pokemon stuff was that there are new regional Pokemon variants, and also you can do some special attacks with crystals or something. Also if you buy the game before January something-th you can get a free unevolved Snorlax. Eatlax? Whatever it's called, I dunno. I don't do Pokemon.

Oh and the 3DS XL comes out a week before the game, and doesn't include the game. The 2DS bundle includes the game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

On a side note how bizarre is it that after 20 years they've introduced the real world version of evolution to Pokemon in addition to its magical fantasy version of it

E: I meant to post this in the main 3DS thread...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

The other Pokemon stuff was that there are new regional Pokemon variants, and also you can do some special attacks with crystals or something. Also if you buy the game before January something-th you can get a free unevolved Snorlax. Eatlax? Whatever it's called, I dunno. I don't do Pokemon.

Oh and the 3DS XL comes out a week before the game, and doesn't include the game. The 2DS bundle includes the game.

Munchlax

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Trap sprung

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

Trap sprung

I'll be preordering Pokemon Sun/Moon in the same way I have for the last 20 years

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

irlZaphod posted:

Maybe we're getting it at retail like with Rhythm Heaven? I should have paid more attention...

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

what a weirdo who knows the name of the pokemon, unlike me, the extremely normal person who doesn't

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

what a weirdo who knows the name of the pokemon, unlike me, the extremely normal person who doesn't
:qqsay:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Maybe we're getting it at retail like with Rhythm Heaven? I should have paid more attention...

We are getting a retail version, too, yeah. The delay is thus acceptable.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's me, I'm the guy paying :10bux: to post on a video game subforum about how weird it is that someone knows a Pokémon.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They didn't announce it (or I missed it) but PAL-land's getting New Play Control Pikmin (Wii DL) on Wii U today, too.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's me, I'm the guy paying :10bux: to post on a video game subforum about how weird it is that someone knows a Pokémon.
:holymoley:

People getting upset about jokes itt

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

maybe make a good joke next time

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

They didn't announce it (or I missed it) but PAL-land's getting New Play Control Pikmin (Wii DL) on Wii U today, too.
Nope I don't think they announced it, but holy cow that's cool.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Does Yoshi ask where Poochy is any time he's off screen?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

maybe make a good joke next time
It was good enough to get a bunch of people all defensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wendell posted:

Does Yoshi ask where Poochy is any time he's off screen?

No but I do