Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I love all Pokemon, but I love Alola Ratatta slightly less than the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

:stare:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Alola Rattata isn't mustache-y enough, it just looks like it has two black boogers

Brace yourself for alolan raticate's dick whiplash stache

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Wait a second the official website is differentiating "Sleepy Snorlax" from "Pulverizing Snorlax," so they may have just revealed the Z crystals that change the pokemon's form, which is rumored how Greninja acquires its new form as well as how Solgaleo and Lunaala go into their glowing forms

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Brace yourself for alolan raticate's dick whiplash stache
we need more pokemon with built-in top hats and stuff, so yeah.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rygar201 posted:

How long are we expecting Z Moves to be? Limit Break length, Summons, Knights of the Round?

Ho-oh Z-Move is Rebirth Flame. It needs to be holding Sacred Ash to use it instead of a Z-Stone

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

This sort of insane poo poo is why I curse my lack of artistic ability every single day.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

"Unlike ordinary Rattata, urban areas are Alolan Rattata’s main habitat. They are nocturnal and live in nests of several dozen. Alolan Raticate serve as their bosses. As a countermeasure to the exploding Rattata population in the Alola region, Yungoos were imported and released. To better avoid Yungoos, Rattata changed their preferred environments and circadian rhythms. These adaptations to their new environment led to their changed form. They pay no attention to foods that aren’t fresh."

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Why is Munchlax so extremely bad to look at

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wonder if the starters will have signature Z moves or if they'll share them with other pokemon

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Seeing the words "circadian rhythm" in pokemon is surreal

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

ALFbrot posted:

Why is Munchlax so extremely bad to look at

Go to the eye doctor now hurry don't wait

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Hold on, he may be right. I've just conducted a double-blind good taste study and reviewed the data with a panel of experts, and the results were conclusive.

munchlax a poo poo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

munchlax is better than snore lax

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Pyroi posted:

Mustache rat.

It'd look great without the Snidely Whiplash mustache. :argh:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Munchlax keeps eating items in Brawl like a little poo poo

I'm glad he grows up to be a good family man though

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Munchlax is adorable and I reset my game of Pokemon X 10 times so I could get a female Snorlax to be it's mother instead of a Ditto.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Is there a way in XY to get the PSS to stop popping up dialogues about its different features ("This is a Battle Spot", "Click on a face to...", Etc)? It's kind of annoying the poo poo out of me.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

GlitchThief posted:

Alola Ratatta

What a wonderful phrase.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lawen posted:

Is there a way in XY to get the PSS to stop popping up dialogues about its different features ("This is a Battle Spot", "Click on a face to...", Etc)? It's kind of annoying the poo poo out of me.

you could put a post it note over the screen

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So Alola Rattatas are dark types and in their description are compared to a crime mob running amok in cities with Alola Raticates being compared to mob bosses.

Yungoos was brought into Alola to deal with a pest pokemon problem, and Gumshoos is literally a detective mongoose.

We've got rodent crime wars going on in Alola :allears:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's mirroring an event that actually happened in hawaii. farmers brought in mongoose to help get rid of the rat population that was booming but the rats were nocturnal and the mongoose isn't, so

it didn't really work

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blooming Brilliant posted:

So Alola Rattatas are dark types and in their description are compared to a crime mob running amok in cities with Alola Raticates being compared to mob bosses.

Yungoos was brought into Alola to deal with a pest pokemon problem, and Gumshoos is literally a detective mongoose.

poo poo I didn't even catch that, that is brilliant though. Throw in some Honchkrow and Scrafty and make it a flat out gang war. that'd be sweet as hell.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I just want to point out Snorlax's twinkling rear end right before landing . Sort of like when my cat eats the tinsel off the Christmas tree.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The give away munch lax also knows happy hour and hold back

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Blooming Brilliant posted:

pokemon owns

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I just want to point out this Bulbapedia picture of Farfetch'd

That's quite the uhh...suggestive frame.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It ain't going to dice itself.

God please let Gumshoos be a good Pokemon please I wanna catch him and nickname him Dick and have him with me all through the Alolan equivalent of the elite four

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Every fibre of my being cringes when I read a Z Move name.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Shneak posted:

Every fibre of my being cringes when I read a Z Move name.

This but the opposite
Bloom Doom is a good name and stoked sparksurfer is next level anime in a good way

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

This is even better than a mega evolution. It is what Snorlax has been building to all these years.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdz_UT5F6jA

Cantonese trailer has the Fighting and Ghost type Z-Moves in it.

Fighting at 1:36

Ghost at 1:43

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I bet the move is something like "PUNISHING PISTON PUNCHES"

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lazaruise posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdz_UT5F6jA

Cantonese trailer has the Fighting and Ghost type Z-Moves in it.

Fighting at 1:36

Ghost at 1:43

the ghost one is cool as heck

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

the ghost one is cool as heck

Isn't it very similar to the ultra that Gengar has in Pokken?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The Ghost Z move was also shown in the direct

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
THe best part of the z-moves are the trainers doing it in unison

The ghost one is great

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
if i wanted to get into competitive a bit where would i start? the burden of knowledge seems absolutely insane

should i just make some teams on showdown and flail around for a bit to see what works

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Holy poo poo. I didn't know how easy it is to install Homebrew on your 3DS. The last time I looked into it a few years ago, you needed to buy physical hardware.

It's not quite as easy as the GTS system was in Gen 5, but PKHex is still awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

if i wanted to get into competitive a bit where would i start? the burden of knowledge seems absolutely insane

should i just make some teams on showdown and flail around for a bit to see what works

Smogon can give you some tips. Look up your favorite pokemon and see what kind of sets they have written up for them.