Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

bathhouse posted:

It's a really nice DMR type gun, great for rush defense.

The 1907 auto is my favorite medic gun overall. That run & gun medic playstyle :allears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKxK5BcsLWk

Are you the sad little fella in the video? He looks so tiny and sad:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

bathhouse posted:

It's a really nice DMR type gun, great for rush defense.

The 1907 auto is my favorite medic gun overall. That run & gun medic playstyle :allears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKxK5BcsLWk

Yeah, I wasn't feeling this game at all and then I started using the M1907, and holy poo poo. Game changer.

Unpopular opinion zone, but I wish they'd do what they did in BF42 and limit the number of snipers per team. When half your team is sniping rather than taking objectives, the game gets rather old.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I've been having a great time, but I really hope they release Scar. I enjoyed it a lot in the Alpha, and I'm worried I'm gonna burn myself out. I'm 15 hours in, and one map is probably gonna get old.

My favourite medic gun is now the Mondragon Marksman. It's fun to outsnipe snipers.

The game is really quite glitchy, but I have faith that the worst ones will be squished. Shadowplay is great for capturing all the little treats.

https://gfycat.com/CarefulInfatuatedEastrussiancoursinghounds

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Beta impressions: this game is good and I like it, but I don't know if I $60 like it. I'll play more.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Are you the stoned little fella in the video? He looks so tiny and stoned :350:

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Jedrick posted:

Dear :dice:,

Please don't nerf the shotgun. You always do, and it always sucks. You've done so much right so far, don't gently caress it up by nerfing the shotgun into oblivion.

Sincerely,
Please Don't Nerf the Shotgun

Have you tried the Heavy version? the slugs are absolute poo poo. Hit a guy in what would have been 1hk range for buckshot and it did 93 damage. whats the point

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So, Light Anti-Tank Grenades are surprisingly beefy considering the "light" part of their name. Playing support has been easier since I can throw one, instantly restock it with an ammo pack, and just keep spamming them.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, I wasn't feeling this game at all and then I started using the M1907, and holy poo poo. Game changer.

Unpopular opinion zone, but I wish they'd do what they did in BF42 and limit the number of snipers per team. When half your team is sniping rather than taking objectives, the game gets rather old.

I'm glad to hear people like weapons that I don't find effective, really feel like :dice: has been trying to get balancing to a science. I sincerely hope you can't piece-by-piece customize your weapons because this layout seems perfect for actual balance to keep every weapon usefu.

As far as sniping in concerned, it will get better over time. Sniping is fun (and I hate that recon exists at all) but I don't find them actually that threatening. To be honest grab the Gewehr Rifleman and run at points should to shoulder firing flash or spot flares and provide med range support. Has a virtually instant bolt pull, zero deviation and your sight picture stays on target. Plus, no scope glint!

Plan Z posted:

So, Light Anti-Tank Grenades are surprisingly beefy considering the "light" part of their name. Playing support has been easier since I can throw one, instantly restock it with an ammo pack, and just keep spamming them.

Solo'd 1/2 a train while hiding in a crater doing this, not a bad look for the support that wants to do everything.

DeliciousPatriotism fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 1, 2016

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Didn't expect to like this game as much as I did. I am in day 1.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

As far as sniping in concerned, it will get better over time. Sniping is fun (and I hate that recon exists at all) but I don't find them actually that threatening. To be honest grab the Gewehr Rifleman and run at points should to shoulder firing flash or spot flares and provide med range support. Has a virtually instant bolt pull, zero deviation and your sight picture stays on target. Plus, no scope glint!

There are two "Gewehr" rifles (because gewehr is the german word for rifle). The Gewehr 1895 is the one you use for close range. It's a Mannlicher, which yes is pronounced man licker, and unlike the 98 it uses a rimmed cartridge, so just go ahead and call it the rimjob.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Assault is so satisfying once you get the AT rifle. Two AT grenades and a rifle shot will kill a land ship.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I got an enemy team rushing at the building I spawned in (with one of my team's snipers) to walk into two trip mines simultaneously and deliver me a quad kill. I love new claymores.

The more I play the game the more it grows on me, and I loved what was there in the alpha. BF is always going to be a game where morons camp in buildings to snipe and teams group up in clusters around a single objective for no reason, but the game feels really good and once you get the hang of the support class you can do some really good damage or at least distract people enough you can pick up some assist points.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

These weapon load out names aren't very descriptive how the gently caress do you know what does what?

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

K8.0 posted:

There are two "Gewehr" rifles (because gewehr is the german word for rifle). The Gewehr 1895 is the one you use for close range. It's a Mannlicher, which yes is pronounced man licker, and unlike the 98 it uses a rimmed cartridge, so just go ahead and call it the rimjob.

mmm straight pull from the 19th century

edit: straight pull my rimjob to blow dudes away at close range

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Dear god, the tank hunter landship. :stonklol:

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I'm pretty bad at this game but it's still pretty fun.

AA truck owns.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

all the classes feel good to play

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Mordja posted:

Dear god, the tank hunter landship. :stonklol:

Now add two friends on mics to that.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Handsome Ralph posted:

I believe server settings for class limits exist, some pubs were bitching in a game that sniper was full

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Rifle grenades are sort of useless most of the time because they a) don't explode on impact and b) you don't really have any gauge for how the grenade will drop. They are useful for clearing out rooms though.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I like shooting down airplanes with tanks, it reminds me of Bad Company 2: Vietnam.

I also can't figure out how the hell charging actually works. I tried to charge a guy and ended up just shoveling the air like an idiot until he turned around and killed me, while I've had people about a foot away from me one shot me with melee.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Cav is best class. You have a solid rifle, you can drop ammo *and* health, and your melee weapon is a sword. Best bug I had in this game was when I spawned as Cav without a horse.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I like shooting down airplanes with tanks, it reminds me of Bad Company 2: Vietnam.

I also can't figure out how the hell charging actually works. I tried to charge a guy and ended up just shoveling the air like an idiot until he turned around and killed me, while I've had people about a foot away from me one shot me with melee.

Yeah, it's funky. I tried to charge a guy but ending up beating him with a pickaxe with my first hit and then, expecting to hit him again a second time, suddenly bayonet chargeed right past him.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

out of all the battlefield bugs i have experienced, 90% of the enemy team not having weapons is by far the best bug ever. basically a true ww1 simulator, me just parading around on my horse shooting unarmed men

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Fish Fry Andy posted:

You sprint and hit melee while having a weapon with a bayonet equipped. That is 100% of it.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

K8.0 posted:

You sprint and hit melee while having a weapon with a bayonet equipped. That is 100% of it.

Oh, I didn't realize that you needed to be sprinting.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

afkmacro posted:

These weapon load out names aren't very descriptive how the gently caress do you know what does what?

Trench - Better hip-fire, no optic
Light Infantry - Less recoil, no optic
Artillery - Less base spread and spread increase, mid range optic
Suppression - Expanded magazine, bipod, mid range optic
Sharpshooter - Less scope-sway, long range optic
Marksman - Bipod, extreme range optic
Gunner - Bipod, long range optic
Rifleman - standard
Factory - standard

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 2, 2016

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/771436914763243520/pu/vid/1280x720/cphWSgoLddkSEC14.mp4

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Battlefield Won

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

K8.0 posted:

Battlefield Won

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Wait until you get the M1916 Selbstlader, it's a legit scoped DMR with a 20 round mag and higher range damage. I have been seeing every streamer use it so I was worried about balance at first but its kick is pretty significant and has pretty hard hit on deviation if you fire nonstop. The cei-rigotti is probably better as a short-med range skirmish rifle as you can just POPOPOPOPOP and have most shots land around on target. Noticing that recovery between shots is what keeps the keeps the unscoped rifles competitive.

Handsome Ralph posted:

You guys need to try the Mondragon, either variant. The thing is an absolute beast. Almost no recoil and it does the same damage as the M1916. The only downside is the 10 bullet mag, but it reloads quickly.

All the medic guns are pretty beastly tbqh. :clint:

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

My favourite medic gun is now the Mondragon Marksman. It's fun to outsnipe snipers.

:hfive:

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

So, other people can play? Because I can't connect to the servers today.

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005

Sammus posted:

Me either

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I think the combination of half the map lacking cover and pubbies being generally incapable of realizing that there are other classes besides the sniper kinda hurts things, but the latter isn't really the game's fault. It's just annoying to spend an entire match putting out fires at the CPs almost always solo because 95% of your team has grown roots off in bumblefuck nowhere, so that they can wait 20 minutes to actually see someone and then wildly miss the whole two shots they take. Then they get sniped by a tank.

Wookiees are always the worst part of BF.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Sammus posted:

Me three. :mad:

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Im really rating the tank hunter variant of the landship. It takes out the fairly useless two back machinegun seats but keeps the side cannons. The driver up front has his machinegun swapped for a really accurate, unlimited ammo recoilless rifle that 1 shots infantry, is almost hitscan in bullet speed and does about 13-15 damage to tanks. It will shoot down most planes in 3 or 4 shots and thanks to the bullet speed, htting them is a piece of piss.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Ahdinko posted:

Im really rating the tank hunter variant of the landship. It takes out the fairly useless two back machinegun seats but keeps the side cannons. The driver up front has his machinegun swapped for a really accurate, unlimited ammo recoilless rifle that 1 shots infantry, is almost hitscan in bullet speed and does about 13-15 damage to tanks. It will shoot down most planes in 3 or 4 shots and thanks to the bullet speed, htting them is a piece of piss.

imo the best thing about the infantry support landship is that you can jump into the rear MG by pressing 2. Great if you have confidence in your cannon gunners and expect lots of infantry. I also never mind it when someone wants to ride around in my butt and shoot at whoever.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Oh my god :allears:

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I suppose the usefulness of the machineguns depends on the quality of your side cannon guys. The goons who have been in my side guns are normally murder machines and when they can 1 shot infantry with those cannons, it makes the machineguns alot less useful as the enemy is already blown apart before the machinegunner can land hits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Have you tried the Heavy version? the slugs are absolute poo poo. Hit a guy in what would have been 1hk range for buckshot and it did 93 damage. whats the point

The heavy version throws slugs? That'd explain a lot of what I've seen.