Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Where's the Victorian England desert eagle?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBKqvLpxpU4&t=20s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

It's still easier to eat a bullet in order to resupply than it is to get any pubbie to a.) play Support and then b.) realize that he can drop ammo for someone other than himself. It's still Battlefield! :allears:

On a serious note, it's surprising how well this game performs. I should have expected that, what with BF4 running shockingly well and all, but yeah... it's smooth as butter in even the busiest of scenes. There is some input lag that I haven't quite traced down yet. I wonder if Vsync is defaulting to on despite my turning it off.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gonkish posted:

It's still easier to eat a bullet in order to resupply than it is to get any pubbie to a.) play Support and then b.) realize that he can drop ammo for someone other than himself. It's still Battlefield! :allears:

It's probably because support is a bit poo poo. All their guns suck, and they only have 2 gadgets: tripmines and ammo.

Should give them dynamite and anti tank mines too. And maybe a gun that isn't terrible.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I've taken to playing The Mad Bomber as assault just sprint everywhere and throw that dynamite cuz you throw it far and it at least the size of old c4 I'm not bigger.

If you get an extra second you can toss and blow one up on someone who turns a corner and spots you. Or hide or chase after groups of oblivious enemies

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I find the sideways w/e magazine support gun is really really good. Feels like a m240b with the bipod.

Also idk why people don't heal or resupply. You can toss those things like 50 feet AND they home in on who you through it too

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I like grabbing an anti-air truck and parking it smack in the middle of the desert neart E and just murdering every airplane I come across.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
The vehicle/mounted MG's feel so meaty. Hnng

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

exmorte posted:

I like grabbing an anti-air truck and parking it smack in the middle of the desert neart E and just murdering every airplane I come across.

This works incredibly well and it's just unfortunate :dice: has to nerf everyone AA Gun against infantry. It's dumb.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Nothing wrong here, light tanks are balanced.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The breakthrough variant of the A7V is where it's at. Only 4 seats, but the side gunners have HMGs, and the rear gunner has two HMGs. The front gun has canister shot, and you have the insta-repair ability.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Using the rockets on the fighter is pretty awesome. Just sneak up on a bomber and it gets disintegrated before anyone can even bail from it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's probably because support is a bit poo poo. All their guns suck, and they only have 2 gadgets: tripmines and ammo.

Should give them dynamite and anti tank mines too. And maybe a gun that isn't terrible.

Well giving the Support a Ross rifle would be sort of a step up at the moment.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Scoped sniper rifles should be a hero class pickup like the tank hunter, flamethrower and the mg knight.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

verbal enema posted:

I find the sideways w/e magazine support gun is really really good. Feels like a m240b with the bipod.

Also idk why people don't heal or resupply. You can toss those things like 50 feet AND they home in on who you through it too

Yea, that one(M1909) is definitely the least bad support gun. The Madsen MG gun is also decent, but goddamn the vertical magazine is so loving obnoxious as it obstructs your view. I don't see how anyone can use that poo poo.

Tossing down an ammo or medic crate is awesome. Free points!

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Gonkish posted:

On a serious note, it's surprising how well this game performs. I should have expected that, what with BF4 running shockingly well and all, but yeah... it's smooth as butter in even the busiest of scenes. There is some input lag that I haven't quite traced down yet. I wonder if Vsync is defaulting to on despite my turning it off.

Playing support and actually giving ammo to teammates is a guaranteed way to get my lovely fly-by-wire rocket from Secret Weapons of WW2 picture to show up at the end of every match. Sometimes I will play an entire round just running around and pressing Q because you rack up points stupidly fast.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man, what am I doing wrong with these guns? They all handle like dogshit and seem to take forever to kill people. Like I'm sitting there bursting people from 100 meters with the LMG and I'm getting like 7 or 8 hit indicators and they aren't dying. I do pretty well with the Assault weapon in close range, and the sniper rifles are nice at a distance, but what is the trick for actually killing people at midrange? 99% of the time I'm just pinging people for measly damage and then I get gibbed by a tank I didn't see.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

K8.0 posted:

Battlefield Won

Thread Name and OP change, please.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
This in game menu is some hideous tablet bullshit.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I want to see a developer have the guts to release a AAA multiplayer shooter that doesn't have snipers in it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Alehkhs posted:

Thread Name and OP change, please.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Can you make this one stupid, unneeded and unfunny change to the OP?
I will make any change to the OP you want so long as the person who asks for it can beat me in a 1v1 deathmatch in John Romero's DAIKATANA. I extend this offer to everyone in the thread. You are NOT allowed to choose a champion to fight in your place.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Even knowing that you're supposed to sprint to activate charge I still have plenty of moments where instead of charging I just flail around like an idiot. Not sure what's up with that.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man, what am I doing wrong with these guns? They all handle like dogshit and seem to take forever to kill people. Like I'm sitting there bursting people from 100 meters with the LMG and I'm getting like 7 or 8 hit indicators and they aren't dying. I do pretty well with the Assault weapon in close range, and the sniper rifles are nice at a distance, but what is the trick for actually killing people at midrange? 99% of the time I'm just pinging people for measly damage and then I get gibbed by a tank I didn't see.

Don't burstfire the LMGs, they get more accurate the longer you fire them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Don't burstfire the LMGs, they get more accurate the longer you fire them.

Okay, this suddenly solves so many issues with support.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

You aren't doing anything wrong, support guns are just bad. They get more accurate as you fire them, but all of them have tiny magazine(30-45) bullets except for one with 100 rounds. They also take 6+ bullets to drop someone once they start doing min damage (~25m or so) and fire relatively slowly.

At close range you get stomped by the assault class, at mid range you beaten by medics and lol long range. poo poo, I bet most medics will out shoot you at close range too.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
the one weird tip to playing support to provide your team with ammo is actually - be cav and get off your horse

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

but all of them have tiny magazine(30-45) bullets except for one with 100 rounds.
The other variant has 200.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You aren't doing anything wrong, support guns are just bad. They get more accurate as you fire them, but all of them have tiny magazine(30-45) bullets except for one with 100 rounds. They also take 6+ bullets to drop someone once they start doing min damage (~25m or so) and fire relatively slowly.

At close range you get stomped by the assault class, at mid range you beaten by medics and lol long range. poo poo, I bet most medics will out shoot you at close range too.

While messing around with machine guns I found that there isn't much damage degradation at range. With the benet mercie I was stomping everyone but recon at ranges 150+. Does not help that none of the starting guns have bipods though.

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005
Cavalry is the best class.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is it just me or does the game seem more buggy now than the last few days?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

why does mouse input feel so...laggy. I don't know what the right word is but it doesn't feel right. Everything is swaying

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Ohmygodsquad posted:

Cavalry is the best class.

What is the hard limit for cavalry on either side? two each?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

They really need to give a class other than assault anti-vehicle weapons, or give assault some options besides SMGs. The AV rocket really requires you to be far away from an enemy tank because you need to go prone to use it, but the SMG doesn't really work for medium-long range combat at all and it's awful.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Nothing wrong here, light tanks are balanced.

If i ever get a light tank I immediately rocket to the top of the board.

I feel like since it has a rotating turret it is much better than the other tanks maybe minus two good tankers manning the big guns on the landship coordinating with the driver

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Fish Fry Andy posted:

They really need to give a class other than assault anti-vehicle weapons, or give assault some options besides SMGs. The AV rocket really requires you to be far away from an enemy tank because you need to go prone to use it, but the SMG doesn't really work for medium-long range combat at all and it's awful.

I think they need to focus on keeping the game servers from randomly dropping people first.

It's fair to say other classes need AT-Weapons however once everyone gets the AV Unlock it's going to much more difficult for tanks to do anything.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Can you make this one stupid, unneeded and unfunny change to the OP?

"stupid"
"unneeded"
"unfunny"

:colbert:

EDIT: Alright, I'll give you "unneeded." But the other two? C'mon.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 2, 2016

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yea, that one(M1909) is definitely the least bad support gun. The Madsen MG gun is also decent, but goddamn the vertical magazine is so loving obnoxious as it obstructs your view. I don't see how anyone can use that poo poo.

Tossing down an ammo or medic crate is awesome. Free points!

Idk bout crates yet since the first time I tossed a hp pack I literally watched it fly up and off like 45 feet to the guy who I tossed it too at the very rear end end of ranged. It followed him all they way to where he was.

Yeah someone these guns I get it it's alt WW1 and we still have vertical loading magazines but goddamn there had to have been a way to not have that trash your gunside of your screen

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
there is a flamethrower tank why have i seen no one use it

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I'm now pretty convinced support is actually the best class in the game, mostly because the MG15 suppressive is insanely strong and resupplying nades and AT rifles is extremely good. It's viable all the way from melee to sniper range. I'm fairly sure it will get nerfed. 169 kills in under 2 hours with it.

As far as vehicles, always use light AT grenades. They are almost as strong against infantry, and they do good damage to tanks. A support can keep a squad chucking grenades at a tank and it's actually pretty balanced. The key to taking on vehicles in this game is to use all the resources you have (at rifles, fixed guns, TNT, mines, AT grenades, light AT grenades) and gang up on them. It's not really viable to 1v1 a tank, but 5v5 a squad isn't completely hosed by a tank if they play it smart.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Some close quarters skull bashing
https://streamable.com/0frn

afkmacro fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Sep 2, 2016

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i just scooped up all the tank variants off the career site so its still works though when i check the guns for classes they had some new symbols by them denoting what rank you had to have that class in.

didnt matter tho since i unlocked all that poo poo last night before that i guess idk beta who cares

e: how may of us are playing rush? i'm not im a bitch rear end conquest player but i heard it was good and also i feel like i would like to have an opinion on it since well i assume i'll get another survey email at the end of this bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

verbal enema posted:

there is a flamethrower tank why have i seen no one use it

I think that one might not be in the game. It spawns the default tank when I have it selected from loadouts. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong.