Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

whoflungpoop posted:

every fighter says they're going to impose their will and make their opponent quit and it makes me remember GSP making Matt Hughes verbally tap and BJ Penn literally quitting a fight between rounds while his corner's all v:confused:v and a closeup of eggplants erupting from Koschek's face bc these are the lvls of destruction required to ever use these phrases

dang i forgot how much i miss GSP he was always mild mannered and sportsmanlike and beat the unholy piss out of men like a true gentleman :3: but now UFC markets unclassy trash like the stupid irish guy and the whiny diaz brother who never went to speech therapy

Blame muhammad ali

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

If I was a judge I'd give it to the guy who raised his hands

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
that's called the fencing response and it means he probably got knocked out even harder than the other dude

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

I never saw a guy get rolled over that hard from a Hadoken in real life before.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
PAUL BLARTS MIXED MARTIAL ARTS

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

proof of concept posted:

that's called the fencing response and it means he probably got knocked out even harder than the other dude

Haha what a pussy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

proof of concept posted:

i just watched every single video linked in the references section

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

beep by grandpa posted:

i just watched every single video linked in the references section

https://youtu.be/HIoq68KKJ08

It's like he found god.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

first he jump kicks him in the face and then that honorless slug just pushes his distressed, lifeless body off of him like a fart blanket and gets right up to resume running after the gay little rolling ball. soccer sucks. how could he abandon his brother and his friend like that.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
God drat i just watched a bunch of videos about Fencing Response on YouTube. It's pretty fascinating. I didn't know it had know it had a name.

loving brutal stuff.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

naem
May 29, 2011

When you out all your EXP into STR and none in HP

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

whoflungpoop posted:

every fighter says they're going to impose their will and make their opponent quit and it makes me remember GSP making Matt Hughes verbally tap and BJ Penn literally quitting a fight between rounds while his corner's all v:confused:v and a closeup of eggplants erupting from Koschek's face bc these are the lvls of destruction required to ever use these phrases

dang i forgot how much i miss GSP he was always mild mannered and sportsmanlike and beat the unholy piss out of men like a true gentleman :3: but now UFC markets unclassy trash like the stupid irish guy and the whiny diaz brother who never went to speech therapy

Lol if you're seriously complaining about the loving UFC not being classy.

Swag is for mixed martial artists, class is for ninjas!

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
guess im just an old fashioned gal romanticising a simpler time when fighters were gentlemen in the parlor and war criminals in the octagon

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I just rewatched the Rousey loss and wow, she looked terrible through it all. She tries to grapple three times: twice Holly ends up shoving her away; the third, Holly throws her down.

The rest of the match is spent stucking her face out so Holly can punch the gently caress out of it.

Great match because you can see Rhonda going from little miss badass to having a meltdown in 7 minutes. First she's angry, then she's frustrated, then she's almost crying, and then she's unconscious.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

el B posted:

Haha well yeah... It was pretty clear she wanted to make the move to Hollywood. She even strongly hinted(or outright said?) that after she beat Holm she was going to leave fighting indefinitely.

I respected Ronda for her skills. I never thought she fought anyone with her same skill level, but as I said I think it was because they simply didn't have enough fighters to pick from. I don't mind her "me against the world" attitude. I don't care if she doesn't shake hands and all that. I thought it was silly that she tried waaayyyy too hard to sell beef with Holm. And it was obvious Holm got in her head before the fight. Seeing her get ko'd was deeply satisfying and it's god drat hilarious that she ragequit.

My favorite part of that whole fiasco is her shaky voiced, "You bitch, you see? You see who you are, hitting me during a picture?" She sounded like she was legit going to cry.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

I'm Dana White, trying to get my fat-gently caress face in every single shot

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I just rewatched the Rousey loss and wow, she looked terrible through it all. She tries to grapple three times: twice Holly ends up shoving her away; the third, Holly throws her down.

The rest of the match is spent stucking her face out so Holly can punch the gently caress out of it.

Great match because you can see Rhonda going from little miss badass to having a meltdown in 7 minutes. First she's angry, then she's frustrated, then she's almost crying, and then she's unconscious.

Holly seems like she can't believe her simple straight left punch right down the middle keeps landing over and over and over again. Also, that one sidekick is like something out of a yellow belt taekwon do class, but it nearly chops Ronda in half.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
apparently when she won bronze at the olympics she had a meltdown about not getting gold and ragequit judo as a result

i'm just saying we should have seen this coming

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

The camera is following Holmes after the KO but you can clearly hear Rhonda off to the side yell NNOOOOOOOO!!!! when she wakes up on her back surrounded by the doctors and realizes what just happened

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

She's like UFC's answer to the trashy Hope Solo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

proof of concept posted:

The camera is following Holmes after the KO but you can clearly hear Rhonda off to the side yell NNOOOOOOOO!!!! when she wakes up on her back surrounded by the doctors and realizes what just happened

I never noticed that but I did notice immediately when she was waking up and herb dean was holding her, even tho he's not mic'd if you watch his lips and listen you can faintly hear him being picked up by other mics saying to ronda over and over "You got knocked out. you got knocked out. you got knocked out."

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

etalian posted:

She's like UFC's answer to the trashy Hope Solo

until i see hairy butthole i can't make this comparison in full confidence, sorry

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Listen for it when Holmes is hugging her corner men over the side of the cage

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

proof of concept posted:

Wow I pulled it up and there it is clear as day

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Dreddout posted:

Lol if you're seriously complaining about the loving UFC not being classy.

Swag is for mixed martial artists, class is for ninjas!

gently caress you,

the UFC wasn't the only MMA organization once upon a time and outside of it you could find a lot more class. Sadly, they figured that *DRAMA* sells better than talking about actual fighting, so now here we are with lovely context pandered to simpletons like yourself and fighters that have the emotional maturity of teenagers getting most of the spotlight.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 3, 2016

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
"It takes a lot of energy to be a rock star"

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

CrazyLoon posted:

gently caress you,

the UFC wasn't the only MMA organization once upon a time and outside of it you could find a lot more class. Sadly, they figured that *DRAMA* sells better than talking about actual fighting, so now here we are with lovely context pandered to simpletons like yourself.

Melting down harder than Ronda over here!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Remember when goons were butthurt in the thread.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Dreddout posted:

Melting down harder than Ronda over here!

guilty as charged.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

CrazyLoon posted:

gently caress you,

the UFC wasn't the only MMA organization once upon a time and outside of it you could find a lot more class. Sadly, they figured that *DRAMA* sells better than talking about actual fighting, so now here we are with lovely context pandered to simpletons like yourself and fighters that have the emotional maturity of teenagers getting most of the spotlight.

Just let me bang, bro!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ElGroucho posted:

Just let me bang, bro!

CrazyLoon stares all badass at weigh-in at ElGroucho and suddenly...someone loving farts on the stand! The fighters begin acting like apes, shoving each other as others break them up. The crowd goes wild. And Dana smiles as he counts the dinero in his head from the viewership increase.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLoon posted:

the UFC wasn't the only MMA organization once upon a time and outside of it you could find a lot more class.

You're right, the UFC is positively barbaric compared to its early competitors like SuperBrawl, Cage Rage, assorted one-offs on indian reservations, and Fleshlight Fights, for which the fighters recorded interviews singing the praises of jacking off with a fleshlight, so satisfying like real sex, really lets you focus on training for combat with zero distractions

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

You're right, the UFC is positively barbaric compared to its early competitors like SuperBrawl, Cage Rage, assorted one-offs on indian reservations, and Fleshlight Fights, for which the fighters recorded interviews singing the praises of jacking off with a fleshlight, so satisfying like real sex, really lets you focus on training for combat with zero distractions

uh, brb

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

proof of concept posted:

Hahah "NOOOO!!!!!"

Ronda's fall and ragequit was so awesome because of how much she bought into her own hype. And because she is a piece of poo poo and terrible sport.

Before the Holy Holm fight, there were a LOT of MMA talking heads (lead by Joe Rogan her #1 fan) who had hyped Ronda as the greatest fighter, man or woman to ever walk the Earth. And that there could never be anyone even close to her skill level. Meanwhile, any sane person knew she was fighting in a laughably shallow division with women who could not even afford to fight full-time, couldn't afford the best coaches, trainers, full camps before fights, etc. As soon as that changed and money started coming into women's MMA, you had elite fighters and athletes come with it and Ronda got exposed in the most hilarious way. The meltdown from her fanboys was so amazing to witness.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Remember Joe Rogan almost breaking down in tears about how incredible Ronda was on his podcast, haha, good times

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

ElGroucho posted:

Remember Joe Rogan almost breaking down in tears about how incredible Ronda was on his podcast, haha, good times

:lol: I had forgotten that.

*fighting tears* "It has nothing to do with being a rockstar!! She's getting lit up!!!"

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ElGroucho posted:

That guy's been a professional fanboy for a long time now, with few moments when he's been called out on his BS. So yea - I can only imagine his pain and anguish at getting his favorite waifu kicked to poo poo after hyping her up so much, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Pawn 17 posted:

:lol: I had forgotten that.

*fighting tears* "It has nothing to do with being a rockstar!! She's getting lit up!!!"

someone got a phone video of his reaction at ringside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj_nQsL0_qA

• Locked thread