Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
There are also two Nidokings. Nidoking and that Nidoking with Kidoking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Un-loving-believable

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My favorite pokemon song is the little piano riff that plays while Cyntia is talking to you, before the battle starts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc0At5MXUoM

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
All the music from the old gens is held back by the crummy sound quality.

Maybe in 15 years they'll remake B2/W2 and I can hear Colress' ridiculous theme in high quality.

VVV Cynthia is a boring tryhard. Alder is the best champ. He uses three bug types!

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Sep 3, 2016

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

My favorite pokemon song is the little piano riff that plays while Cyntia is talking to you, before the battle starts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc0At5MXUoM

basically everything about cynthia is the best, in my opinion

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

All the music from the old gens is held back by the crummy sound quality.

Maybe in 15 years they'll remake B2/W2 and I can hear Colress' ridiculous theme in high quality.

VVV Cynthia is a boring tryhard. Alder is the best champ. He uses three bug types!

I don't like his battle theme much and beating him is basically just cleaning up, because the climax of the game is against Ghetsis. A cool character but as a champion he doesn't leave much of an impression.

Sweet team though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

sharrrk posted:

basically everything about cynthia is the best, in my opinion

You're not wrong

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cynthia was the most fun champion to fight because she had the best team and was the closest to resembling any kind of challenge

I respect alder for his correct choice of using volcarona however

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Manatee Cannon posted:

cynthia was the most fun champion to fight because she had the best team and was the closest to resembling any kind of challenge

I respect alder for his correct choice of using volcarona however

She's definitely the most popular champion, that's for sure.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
my favorite champion is Blue because he loses before Oak even has time to see it like a little bitch

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The best thing about Cynthia was in B/W. I was too impatient to wait so imported the japanese version. Anyway, later on you can meet her in some house and I had no idea what she was saying and I agreed to a fight and got trashed.

Also I vote Lance for shittest champion

e: although his shenanigans round Johto are pretty great

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

McDragon posted:

The best thing about Cynthia was in B/W. I was too impatient to wait so imported the japanese version. Anyway, later on you can meet her in some house and I had no idea what she was saying and I agreed to a fight and got trashed.

Also I vote Lance for shittest champion

e: although his shenanigans round Johto are pretty great

Lance "Shoot a Hyper Beam into a guy's chest, hope for the best"? drat right he's the shittiest Champion, he uses 3 Dragonites.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Steven was boring AF.
Cynthia is still the best. She should be in every game.

As much as it will never happen, I'd love each region to have a 'Gym Leader Convention' where you can battle each and every drat gym from all the Pokemon games. Much like the BW2 World Tournament, but with more personality.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Does Red count as like an unofficial champion? When I first found him and realized who I was battling my little kid self flipped poo poo.Plus it seemed like the champion theme was made for him more than it was for Lance.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

luvdisc should have a mega evolve

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Andrew_1985 posted:

Steven was boring AF.

Actually he rules because as a kid "Holy poo poo he has my name! :aaaaa:"

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Blue and Cynthia are the only champions with teams that are both strong and balanced.

AlphaKretin posted:

Actually he rules because as a kid "Holy poo poo he has my name! :aaaaa:"

He was also the first Jewish champion.

Ostentatious posted:

luvdisc should have a mega evolve

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I love Cynthia, but I also love Iris.

Iris is a great Champion because she wears this frilly, pink princess dress while battling you with big, dragon-like Pokemon. I like her team a lot.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So for Z-moves, does the pokemon need to actually Hold the stone to use the move? Based on the pancake it might be the case, which would make it another interesting choice between Snorlax with super move or Leftovers/whatever, and Megas wouldn't have them available, etc. Did we get official confirmation on how these stones actually work?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

So for Z-moves, does the pokemon need to actually Hold the stone to use the move? Based on the pancake it might be the case, which would make it another interesting choice between Snorlax with super move or Leftovers/whatever, and Megas wouldn't have them available, etc. Did we get official confirmation on how these stones actually work?

We know that you have to have the z stone held item attached on the Pokemon, and for the type-specific z stones a Pokemon has to have an attack move of that type at least; we don't know yet whether status moves of a type will suffice. For the Pokemon-specific z moves, we have no idea how they work, you might not actually have to have a move of the z move's attack for all we know. Furthermore it seems there are also key item counterparts to the z stones that actually are slotted into the z stone bracelet. The bracelet holds a max of six stones, which I guess is for freaks who want to have z stones attached to each one of their Pokemon despite that fact you can only launch one off per battle.

And if mega evolution is in, we don't know if you can both launch a z move and mega evolve within the same match

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I see the GTS is still people asking for level 100 event legendaries in return for measly version exclusives. Can I just throw something reasonable up if I'm just trying to fill a hole in the Pokedex and wait for someone to bite, or is there no hope at all?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I see the GTS is still people asking for level 100 event legendaries in return for measly version exclusives. Can I just throw something reasonable up if I'm just trying to fill a hole in the Pokedex and wait for someone to bite, or is there no hope at all?

No that works fine especially if you use like starters or Eevees or whatever. People will usually eventually bite.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Boomstick Quaid posted:

We know that you have to have the z stone held item attached on the Pokemon, and for the type-specific z stones a Pokemon has to have an attack move of that type at least; we don't know yet whether status moves of a type will suffice. For the Pokemon-specific z moves, we have no idea how they work, you might not actually have to have a move of the z move's attack for all we know. Furthermore it seems there are also key item counterparts to the z stones that actually are slotted into the z stone bracelet. The bracelet holds a max of six stones, which I guess is for freaks who want to have z stones attached to each one of their Pokemon despite that fact you can only launch one off per battle.

And if mega evolution is in, we don't know if you can both launch a z move and mega evolve within the same match

I imagine the six slots are as much for accessorizing as anything. Which Z-stones together will look prettiest? A tough, time-consuming question. I say this only slightly ironically.

also, Champions...

1. Blue - gotta give it up for him, it's such an iconic moment thinking you're done and then he somehow got there first, and he's there, taunting you.
2. Cynthia - for offering a credible challenge, and not sitting on her rear end when evil was afoot in her region, and for showing up in later games and still being totally terrifying to battle.
3. Alder - very cool guy, first meeting him when he JUMPS OFF A CLIFF to greet you, has a neat team. but it's weird because you don't battle him until the second go-around because Plasma hijacks things at that point.
4. Lance - credit for going after Team Rocket mk.2, and inspiring a massive inferiority complex in his cousin Clair.
5. Diantha - very stylish, and I like the idea that she's a fashion/film celebrity in addition to being champion, and how her ~aesthetic~ meshes well with Mega-Gardevoir. Also she might be a bit of a reference to Audrey Hepburn, so there's that.
6. Steven - meh. at least he gives you a Beldum. He got knocked over by Wallace though, which must be humiliating.
7. Iris - reused the Wallace idea, but somewhat better. Nice dress? not much else to say.
8. Wallace - the most trivial champion ever. Emerald is mostly a hard game, but he is such a chump.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i forgot wallace was a champion, easily the dumbest thing emerald changed

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I've been wanting the Cynthia Nendoroid for a while.

http://www.pokemoncenter.com/nendoroid%3A-cynthia-posable-figure-703-01627

It made me sad to discover that the Pokemon Center only ships to the US and not to Canada. :(

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

mandatory lesbian posted:

i forgot wallace was a champion, easily the dumbest thing emerald changed

:agreed:

That, and the dumb green outfits that somehow, despite being based mostly on RS, carried over to ORAS.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

:agreed:

That, and the dumb green outfits that somehow, despite being based mostly on RS, carried over to ORAS.

the emerald outfits were good actually, very stylish, good color scheme

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

scizor can buy you almost anything

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Nessa posted:

I've been wanting the Cynthia Nendoroid for a while.

http://www.pokemoncenter.com/nendoroid%3A-cynthia-posable-figure-703-01627

It made me sad to discover that the Pokemon Center only ships to the US and not to Canada. :(

Fifty bucks US? poo poo drat. If they shipped up here to Canuckistan I'd split that with you if you only wanted Cynthia and would let me have Best Pokemon Ever Garchomp.

For real, every one of your fuckers who has disparaged GarCHAMP in this here thread, enjoy getting your house knocked down once irl Prof. Sycamore aka Justin Trudeau makes Pokemon real.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am about to buy that nendo at pax for no shipping

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Diet Poison posted:

Fifty bucks US? poo poo drat. If they shipped up here to Canuckistan I'd split that with you if you only wanted Cynthia and would let me have Best Pokemon Ever Garchomp.

For real, every one of your fuckers who has disparaged GarCHAMP in this here thread, enjoy getting your house knocked down once irl Prof. Sycamore aka Justin Trudeau makes Pokemon real.

Yeah, it's lame. They can ship to Alaska and Hawaii, but not Canada.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Desperately need a replacement for my sligoo. I'm never gonna evolve that fucker and I already have a garchomp for dragon stuff

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so far the hardest thing to get on GTS is an aromatisse I'm gonna have to give up one of my spare legendaries

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

so far the hardest thing to get on GTS is an aromatisse I'm gonna have to give up one of my spare legendaries

If you already have a Spritzee then you could chest get the evolution item and trade with a goon. That would probably be easier.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well I have like 20 spare legendaries so probably not easier, and then I would also need a new spritzee. it is funny though people don't even ask for bottom-tier legendaries like the lake fairies or dogs it's all box legendaries or MAYBE the legendary birds

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trade evos all work pretty well for other trade evos

also trade evos suck

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I traded a zekrom for a petlil yesterday because I was so impatient and I just wanted to finish my national dex and make shinies this weekend

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

well I have like 20 spare legendaries so probably not easier, and then I would also need a new spritzee. it is funny though people don't even ask for bottom-tier legendaries like the lake fairies or dogs it's all box legendaries or MAYBE the legendary birds

It's super easy: Once you get your Aromatissue back, just stick it in the Daycare with a ditto and bam, instant* Spritzee.

* Not that instant, really.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

jarbv posted:

I traded a zekrom for a petlil yesterday because I was so impatient and I just wanted to finish my national dex and make shinies this weekend
this is what I expect to do

do people still care about legendary birds because I duped the poo poo out of them in Emerald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Super No Vacancy posted:

people ask for the genies a lot i've seen