Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The new events are great, especially the droid one gives out enough droids to go from like 75 to 80. These events should be available once per week minimum, would really help with the crunch.

I also need furnaces to be back in the shop. I've been saving my arena winnings and I didn't get any in the shop when they were there last time (im asure they showed up when I was unable to access to the app) and I need 2 to level Lando & STH so I can tackle the hardest credit heist :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Maxed STHan and Lando plus some 60/g7ish dregs was enough to clear both events at max tier. Failed a couple of times, droids event was much easier than credits one for me but that might have been RNG.

The elite in the second wave of credit heist is bugged, I think they dropped a digit in his speed because he basically does nothing all fight and his turn meter barely moves.

I wish they'd given useful salvage from the droid event, but everything else is awesome so I can't complain.

With this, Palpatine and the Military Might event coming back, things are looking pretty sweet.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Jerkface posted:

I also need furnaces to be back in the shop.

You're in luck, I saw one in the shop earlier today.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Dr. Venture posted:

You're in luck, I saw one in the shop earlier today.

!! I logged in and bought one yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thread who should I furnace first between STH & Lando. They are both G8 right now and I want to make the biggest impact on trying to clear Tier 4 of the credit/droid event

Edit: Looking at the gear list I could probably get Lando to G10, I'm 20 syringes short of 100 to be able to get STH to G10 post furnace

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Sep 1, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

I got 2.5m and 5m. Took a few tries, if you don't have maxed scounderls it's very RNG. I needed Lando to always crit AoE and never get stunned, basically.

I...I can now level characters again. :unsmith:

I was able to auto with 88(l) 7* g9, lando 7* g9, boba 6* g8, these started today at 80, dengar 6* g8 level 60 and sth 5* g8 70. I took three setups to try and retreated to test the next setup and lando lead was the worst, boba was ok and 88 trivialized it. Lando needs some micro, boba was RNG and 88 with the high crit rate just makes it lol. I am not sure how it would play out with different scoundrels so YMMV.

Of course then I used all the money I made and droids maxing the not 80 scoundrels so I never have to think about it again.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Jerkface posted:

!! I logged in and bought one yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thread who should I furnace first between STH & Lando. They are both G8 right now and I want to make the biggest impact on trying to clear Tier 4 of the credit/droid event

Edit: Looking at the gear list I could probably get Lando to G10, I'm 20 syringes short of 100 to be able to get STH to G10 post furnace

Lando is much more useful for the event.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

two_step posted:

Lando is much more useful for the event.

I agree. He's pretty much all your damage. Do him first.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I haven't seen a Vader shard in months. I weep at how much I could do with him if he was at least 6 stars. Right now my first turn on a aoe debuff team I get a average of 3-5 status effects on everyone. I just want to see Vader smash.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

I haven't seen a Vader shard in months. I weep at how much I could do with him if he was at least 6 stars. Right now my first turn on a aoe debuff team I get a average of 3-5 status effects on everyone. I just want to see Vader smash.

Yeah, I got about 4 shards in August...but overall the past couple months I feel like I've seen nothing from him. That said, the past 4 months, they've steadily been adding F2P heroes, which means your odds of getting any one character go down...so seeing fewer Vader shards now than when they first rolled out the shop actually makes sense.

Also, for anyone else keeping track, Maul is the last OG P2W hero. I would expect he gets his rework this month, becomes OP, and becomes F2P.

You need a pretty powerful team to consistently beat the final tier of the credit heist. I've been running all level 80 except Cad, 7* except Dengar, G8 Lando lead, G11 STH, G9 88, G8 Dengar, and G7 Cad. STH was the only heavily modded hero for the event. Following all that cash, I moved mods around so that I had a heavily modded version of this team, and beat the T3 Scoundrel mod challenge. I've tried running cad lead, and I don't think his leader is working still -- supposed to be 20% dodge, so he's all around pretty worthless. Definitely better to run any other scoundrel if you haven't already dropped all your credits on him. At level 74, he does ok damage, and he has a stun so he's not terrible, but he's made of paper and that's bad when trying to 3* a challenge. Next best option was level 70 6* Chewie, which was tempting, and as long as he doesn't taunt, he might survive. Anyways, with all the extra stats (and I gave Lando a bunch of speed), I got a 3* on the first try.

I'm getting close to trying T3 Empire/Potency challenge, I just need one more arena shipment for Tarkin. That'll put me at basically max RG and Emperor, l80 6* G9 Vader, and working towards 5* level 70 G7 Tarkin/Snowtrooper. My goal is just going to be to keep them alive -- pretty sure Emperor, Vader, and RG can beat the challenge.

After I get through that, I'll be finishing out Jawas, who are all 5*+ and close to level 70, and I need an absurd amount of gear still for them.

I'll post what it took to 3* those two challenges once I finish them.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Coming back into the game. Since Goon Di was full, I applied for Qui Goon Jin. Also, what's the :goonsay: about Mods?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

The man called M posted:

Coming back into the game. Since Goon Di was full, I applied for Qui Goon Jin. Also, what's the :goonsay: about Mods?

Speed, Potency, Crit Damage, and Crit % are the best mod sets. In order of left to right, top to bottom, best options for damage heroes is Offense, Speed, Defense, Crit Damage, Protection, and then usually Potency or Protection.

e: WOAH, some redditors actually filled in my spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SMsl_x9PNTmSQDOZc4rDWtBgdp1A7kFHRcA2Qvzsh6U/edit#gid=17436730

I'm working on the modded section of this. Will post when I have it working

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 1, 2016

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That new rebel tank guy looks pretty solid.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Are there any downsides to putting GOD-MODE mods on your scoundrels, then popping them off and putting them back on your normal characters?

I feel like I only need 5 good sets of mods since credit heist gives us so many credits. Maybe there's a downside I'm not seeing?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Aadoniel posted:

Are there any downsides to putting GOD-MODE mods on your scoundrels, then popping them off and putting them back on your normal characters?

I feel like I only need 5 good sets of mods since credit heist gives us so many credits. Maybe there's a downside I'm not seeing?

4.2k * 6 mods * 5 heroes * 2 transfers each time = 250k credits every time you do it. That's one million per month...not a lot given the cost to upgrade a set of mods, but it adds up. Additionally, there will be events like the upcoming Empire assault, where you'll be able to use Lando, STH, and Han. Lando and STH also happen to be arena meta heroes, so you're not losing too much by investing in just them for top level mods, and using those to carry you through the credit heist.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Wow Reddit is super salty about palpy. While I am sure I am not seeing most powerful versions of him I just swap luke in lead and never have a very tough time. Am I missing something or is this really just a arena sort of issue where people hate to change their team?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Of the 3 times I have faced Palp in arena since his release, I was only able to kill him the first time because it was a 5* with no mods. The next 2 times he stunned my entire team????? Thats pretty strong. He is definitely a strong character on defense because the first action the Ai will take is to deploy a huge stun. Combined with other strong AOE characters palp teams can be obnoxious.

I wouldnt mind annoying team comps in arena if you could just climb during the day and get paid out based on how high you climbed. Rather than this 'snipe back and forth' bullshit. Eating a loss hurts more when youve lost progress + attempts.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Yeah, same here. I was able to beat him once on the first day he released. I'm in a very heavy whale shard though so I went from being in the top 20 to where I can barely stay top 50 now. I don't have a yoda or old ben fast enough to counter him before he stuns my entire team multiple times. It's pretty loving ridiculous if you don't have a specific counter ready to go for him.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
So farm Luke and invest in tenacity mods?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

xyigx posted:

Wow Reddit is super salty about palpy. While I am sure I am not seeing most powerful versions of him I just swap luke in lead and never have a very tough time. Am I missing something or is this really just a arena sort of issue where people hate to change their team?

Stun is the best debuff in the game and speed the best offensive stat. Now add an AoE stun and enough potency to actually land it..

I only attack slow Palp teams cause if he goes before Yoda, it's over.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

xyigx posted:

While I am sure I am not seeing most powerful versions of him I just swap luke in lead and never have a very tough time. Am I missing something or is this really just a arena sort of issue where people hate to change their team?

I used to always get rank 1, beating out everyone else in my timezone. Now 3 whales on my server (I'm lucky, I know) run Palp and sit in the top 3 all day because nothing can challenge them. When you're at the top of the ladder, it's not enough to throw in a Luke lead to beat one specific team because everyone else will instantly target your inferior makeup. Even if you're able to hold that new spot long enough to switch your team makeup back, the Palp you just beat will knock you back down with ease.

Palp is loving nuts and that's all there is to it. Park him behind double tanks with a Lando and JKA at his side and you're hosed. His shock debuff is the biggest bullshit since Sun Fac and completely trivializes any tanks your team has. Without tanks to worry about, a Palp team can just go to town on whoever they want without having to plan out cooldown based taunt removal. It's incredibly frustrating.

Jerkface posted:

I wouldnt mind annoying team comps in arena if you could just climb during the day and get paid out based on how high you climbed. Rather than this 'snipe back and forth' bullshit. Eating a loss hurts more when youve lost progress + attempts.

This would be an amazing change. I wish they would do something like this.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Lots of green + but I can't decide. I have 1 cheddar comlink ready, do I use it or STH or Lando? I'm nowhere near ready to field an AoE squad in arena so I'm leaning towards STH for a double tank setup.
Or do I use the cuffs for the cheddar on Teebo instead to increase gear level so I can add a scanner for an extra 10% potency (57.15% currently)? I'm afraid that they'll release the new raid right after I do that and it might be a waste of gear. My Javas are all 5-6 * atm but gear-wise it's gonna take a while to get them all into top raiding shape.

https://swgoh.gg/u/vodos/

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
IGD: I'm going to start alternating the raid time. Post if you have a strong opinion on this.

I'm reddit famous now

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/513zkv/state_of_arena_on_my_shard_the_force_is_out_of/

Vodos posted:

Lots of green + but I can't decide. I have 1 cheddar comlink ready, do I use it or STH or Lando? I'm nowhere near ready to field an AoE squad in arena so I'm leaning towards STH for a double tank setup.
Or do I use the cuffs for the cheddar on Teebo instead to increase gear level so I can add a scanner for an extra 10% potency (57.15% currently)? I'm afraid that they'll release the new raid right after I do that and it might be a waste of gear. My Javas are all 5-6 * atm but gear-wise it's gonna take a while to get them all into top raiding shape.

I would give it to Lando. He's just that good now. I wouldn't bother with Ewoks right now...they're good, but won't be that great in the new raid, which should drop this month.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I don't have strong feelings either way. What time zone do we go by?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Tabs schedule has her out from about 9am to 7pm PST, mine may as well be the same. As long as we can get at least a zero run its ok, I mean we will not cry if we get a shot at doing damage lol.

This dumb military might event reminds me just how much of a hamster wheel this game is. The light at the end of the tunnel is some rear end in a top hat running away with a flashlight. Sorry having them constantly moving the goal posts for events and poo poo is just making me annoyed.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I'd like to get Han to 7* but having him unlocked is cool enough - I'm happy with whatever in regard to Raiding. Would hope to be able to get a 0 damage in regardless, though.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

iGestalt posted:

I'd like to get Han to 7* but having him unlocked is cool enough - I'm happy with whatever in regard to Raiding. Would hope to be able to get a 0 damage in regardless, though.

I'm sure Mal will provide the details, but I believe that regardless of the start time, there will continue to be a 12 hour "do no damage" window at the beginning.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I wonder if the new raid will also have Han shards or people will just not be able to finish him ever.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

IGD: I'm going to start alternating the raid time. Post if you have a strong opinion on this.

I strongly support alternating it. The current 'do damage' raid period is around 3am-5am my time, which isn't exactly convenient.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Tagichatn posted:

I wonder if the new raid will also have Han shards or people will just not be able to finish him ever.

The new raid won't have Han shards. It'll either have a new character (speculated to be r2-d2) or it'll have 6/7 dot mods. Or maybe both.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I'm sure Mal will provide the details, but I believe that regardless of the start time, there will continue to be a 12 hour "do no damage" window at the beginning.

I'm leaning towards alternating between 9am and 9pm pst for start times, with a 12 hour no damage time in between. Thoughts?

Tagichatn posted:

Considering coming back?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I like the alternating plan. I say go for it, but realize there are a lot of goofballs that don't read this thread in guild, so make sure to repeat it often in chat.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

Considering coming back?

Yeah, I've been logging in for the credit heists for easy cash but I'll probably stay if the next big patch is good.

Tabenya
Mar 30, 2016

Malgrin posted:

I'm leaning towards alternating between 9am and 9pm pst for start times, with a 12 hour no damage time in between. Thoughts?

Those start times would work pretty much perfect. Also considering the different time zones we are dealing with.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Why not 9am and 3pm, offset by six hours. 9pm start is terrible for anyone eastern time.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Malgrin posted:

These sound pretty decent to me!

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Any chance I can get an invite to QGJ? Put myself on the spreadsheet etc etc.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I know we're still discussing when the next raid times will be, but here's a suggestion to keep in mind regardless of the start time. If there's no damage yet in the raid (or just minimal damage), ask in chat before starting.

Edit: if the raid is still in P1, ask in chat.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
So QGJ is chomping at the bit to do a t7 raid, and I think we are right on the precipice of being able to pull it off, but I would feel much more comfortable if we had one or two more heavy hitters to help push us through. Would any of IGD's guys be willing to come join us for a bit?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Fenris13 posted:

So QGJ is chomping at the bit to do a t7 raid, and I think we are right on the precipice of being able to pull it off, but I would feel much more comfortable if we had one or two more heavy hitters to help push us through. Would any of IGD's guys be willing to come join us for a bit?

If anyone wants to do this, we can postpone an upcoming raid so that you can still get raid loot.

Also, PM tagichatn. He might join up to help out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Well we currently have like 0 guildbux and we should probably let more people weigh in before we decide anything.