Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

MorphineMike posted:

Cisco totally walked in on Trenton and Mobley loving on the floor the other side of the couch

i always got the feeling trenton had feelings for darlene and i've really bad deja vu making this post

also its a shame there is no way to get an album of all the licensed songs for this in google music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Zzulu posted:

He aint got no disease, he's just a super genius
Noooo I'm pretty sure he has a brain tumor. That's the reason he's a genius, the reason he sees Mr. Robot, and the reason for the recent disassociation with Mr. Robot.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Nah, that's aliens

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

MorphineMike posted:

Cisco totally walked in on Trenton and Mobley loving on the floor the other side of the couch

Dark Army acknowledged their disappearance in IRC so I doubt it.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

It's also been a month since they left the smart house. So, I think there's probably been a few weeks since he got beaned. I think one of the movie inspirations is going to end up being Pulp Fiction and we'll see some surprise non-linear storytelling.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

muscles like this? posted:

He had a big ole bruise on the side of his head and at the beginning of their scene you could hear him making some excuses.

Hmm, I guess I should watch it again. How did I miss this? I was actively looking for how that turned out.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this? posted:

He had a big ole bruise on the side of his head and at the beginning of their scene you could hear him making some excuses.
He did seem a bit banged up, but I'm still not sure how they supposedly resolved that conflict to a degree that he now volunteers (and they trust him) to go into a possible police trap for them.

DaveKap posted:

Noooo I'm pretty sure he has a brain tumor. That's the reason he's a genius, the reason he sees Mr. Robot, and the reason for the recent disassociation with Mr. Robot.
It's not a tumor! At all!

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

He did seem a bit banged up, but I'm still not sure how they supposedly resolved that conflict to a degree that he now volunteers (and they trust him) to go into a possible police trap for them.

Well in the first season it was like he really wanted to climb the ladder with them but so far this season they've only reciprocated with contempt and the threat of murder. I can see him liking the fsociety people more because they're people and maybe he figures elliot can give him some way out from under his involvement? But yeah I think they need to explain the guy's motivations better.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
He cares about Darlene and wants to help her but also has prior loyalties to Dark Army. He already takes so much abuse and punishment from each of these that, like Elliott, jail would be a therapeutic vacation for him.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He really cares about Darlene, he was the one who proposed to her, leading to her moving out before S1.

Kind of a cool parallel with Dom's backstory.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Stabitha posted:

I thought it was weird that they glossed over the fact that Darlene didn't trust Cisco at the end of last week's episode, so much so, that she demolished his computer and supposedly took a bat to his head, yet in this episode he doesn't have any wounds and she seems to be relatively ok with him now.

I know sometimes they skip ahead and then go back to show you what they skipped over, but it just seemed really jarring to me in this instance.

It was a month ago according to dialogue. poo poo heals in a month.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Boywhiz88 posted:

It was a month ago according to dialogue. poo poo heals in a month.
I think people are having trouble with it because, in reality, a bat to the head like that would usually be fatal. I mean, I too am confused that Cisco is so cool with Darlene almost having murdered him.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Ersatz posted:

I think people are having trouble with it because, in reality, a bat to the head like that would usually be fatal. I mean, I too am confused that Cisco is so cool with Darlene almost having murdered him.

They talked about it. Darlene probably didn't make great contact, etc. Also, I suspect Cisco is aware his only value to DA is his relationship w Darlene. It's in his interest to make amends.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
he's a huge pussy and is abused by everyone he knows

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Boywhiz88 posted:

They talked about it. Darlene probably didn't make great contact, etc.

Also she's a girl.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Zzulu posted:

IDK he owned Ollie pretty hard in season 1 multiple times. I kind of appreciated the show giving him some time to be a badass since all of his scenes with Darlene portray him as awfully pathetic.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Wachepti posted:

IDK he owned Ollie pretty hard in season 1 multiple times. I kind of appreciated the show giving him some time to be a badass since all of his scenes with Darlene portray him as awfully pathetic.

Ollie owns himself hard everytime he talks tho. Owning Ollie is more inevitable than badass.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Zzulu posted:

should have made a better mix tape

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Cisco needs a more alpha firmware update

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
I'm curious as to what kind of mental illness would cause someone to not recognize their family members. Seems like Elliott is schizophrenic and has multiple personality disorder, at the very least, but I don't think either of those would make him forget who his family members are.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Doghouse posted:

I'm curious as to what kind of mental illness would cause someone to not recognize their family members. Seems like Elliott is schizophrenic and has multiple personality disorder, at the very least, but I don't think either of those would make him forget who his family members are.
Alzheimer's.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Doghouse posted:

Cult programming. Calling it now.

e: Of-course it will turn out he programmed himself, Total Recall style

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

It sounded like it was him going off his medications that preceded the Mr. Robot split, so maybe dropping them cold turkey hosed with his memory combined with his other issues resurfacing.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

mng posted:

Cisco needs a more alpha firmware update

:golfclap:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I've cared for a lot of schizophrenics and honestly if they are off meds and seeing people, paranoid delusions, and can't remember their family members there's no way in hell they could do anything constructive on a computer. There's a reason >50% of homeless people are schizo of some sort. It drives them to complete alienation of everything.

However, there are a few rare strictly paranoid schizophrenics who make it into really high paying jobs and are very functional, just secretly like barely hanging at the end of their paranoia rope. Could you imagine all day every day being a lawyer or dentist or something and having to fight back "this dude in front of me is so obviously deep cover for CIA" all drat day? That's what they do. They usually don't have visual manifestations though.

Love this show though.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I'm sorry I completely somehow missed it but what is stage 2?

That makes no sense.
Stage 2 is YOUR plan!

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Blind Rasputin posted:

I've cared for a lot of schizophrenics and honestly if they are off meds and seeing people, paranoid delusions, and can't remember their family members there's no way in hell they could do anything constructive on a computer. There's a reason >50% of homeless people are schizo of some sort. It drives them to complete alienation of everything.

However, there are a few rare strictly paranoid schizophrenics who make it into really high paying jobs and are very functional, just secretly like barely hanging at the end of their paranoia rope. Could you imagine all day every day being a lawyer or dentist or something and having to fight back "this dude in front of me is so obviously deep cover for CIA" all drat day? That's what they do. They usually don't have visual manifestations though.

Love this show though.

John Nash comes to mind. He was eventually able to return to academics.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I noticed something about a room at E-Corp, it's the exact same set as was used for one of the final episodes of Person of Interest.

http://imgur.com/a/ZzJYx

I don't remember which episode this specific scene came from, but it was in the review scenes at the beginning of episode 8.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Nullsmack posted:

I noticed something about a room at E-Corp, it's the exact same set as was used for one of the final episodes of Person of Interest.

It's a dangerous path you are walking. Once you start noticing reused set locations across different tv shows it becomes really hard to ignore. There is one country house in particular that has been on almost every show I watch, just staged differently. I can't not see this stuff at this point. Turn back before it's too late!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm surprised they didn't film the cafeteria in Quality Cafe, probably didn't quite fit with what they wanted in terms of the interior: https://youtu.be/04JNnpW4mos

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Neat, are there other resources about the same set showing up in different shows? The only other one I've ever really noticed is when they reused the cafe from Dead Like Me in Stargate SG-1 once or twice.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
The trailer for the remaining episodes just popped up on my Facebook newsfeed.
It's 50% spoilers and 50% red herrings. Watch at your own risk. I kind of regret seeing it, myself.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
This was posted in Yospos, figured you all might find it interesting too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bBrj6QBPW0

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The biggest shock this season for me was hearing Holy gently caress being used on the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdV3Himgiok

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
It'll be hilarious if Elliot ends up being the second personality. A compartment to get all that guilt and conscience out of the way.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Accretionist posted:

It'll be hilarious if Elliot ends up being the second personality. A compartment to get all that guilt and conscience out of the way.

I wouldn't be too surprised if that turns out to be the case now. "Real Elliot" being a massive dick has been foreshadowed pretty heavily by this point.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Elliot is such a little poo poo that his own loving father pushed him out a window.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Accretionist posted:

:aaaaa:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Accretionist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFUjiHBfIiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceAceJase posted:

The trailer for the remaining episodes just popped up on my Facebook newsfeed.
It's 50% spoilers and 50% red herrings. Watch at your own risk. I kind of regret seeing it, myself.

There's nothing too damning. I'd bet all of that is from this week's episode.

• Locked thread