Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark

I have a plain black stained one that is named RESOLUTION, I'm not too happy with it because the black stain is so dark it turned into black paint :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Professor Shark posted:

Completed axe:

The guide I read playfully suggested giving axes names, I took it too far by picking up a set of letter stamps. I used black acrylic paint, it turned out pretty terribly for the blue axe but better for the purple:

These are names taken from old British ships-of-the-line, which I think are all pretty awesome and fitting. I used a random name chooser and go with the first result or two, depending on the "fit"

i like to put names on my wooden things with a cheap soldering iron

hi how are you ♥

Professor Shark

Swiftsure was a huge hit with my buddy and the Lagavulin is great! Today I made a double-stained axe, Golden Wheat with Dark Oak... it doesn't look the greatest, but I'll finish it tomorrow and be done with it. I'm going to order a Pink and Emerald Green to fool around with, then I think this hobby may be done, unless I get my girlfriend's uncle to teach me how to use a draw knife so I can carve them myself!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

here are a few quick sketches i've been drawing for folks on the theme of dogs and cats

spidog

suspicious dog

garbage cat

chaos cat

hi how are you ♥

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

here are a few quick sketches i've been drawing for folks on the theme of dogs and cats

spidog

suspicious dog

garbage cat

chaos cat

oh lordy!

today's drawing

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

oh lordy!

today's drawing

Smoke doesn't spell something. 2/10.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

should I even keep posting my drawings?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

should I even keep posting my drawings?

ya

bacalou

why would you ever stop

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

bacalou posted:

why would you ever stop

I'm not sure that anybody needs to see another drawing of mine. I'm properly bored by them, so I don't see why anybody else would be interested. I'm not fishing for compliments or anything, I just don't want to be boring.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
always cool to see them, thank you posting them and hope you continue too

bacalou

maybe draw nothing but big bird from now on

bacalou

big bird in a space suit

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

bacalou posted:

big bird in a space suit

don't tempt me

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
with antlers

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Luvcow posted:

with antlers

:eyepop:

bacalou

big bird in a space suit with antlers and your wife's hair looking wistfully at a burning oil tanker floating upside down in the sky

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

bacalou posted:

big bird in a space suit with antlers and your wife's hair looking wistfully at a burning oil tanker floating upside down in the sky

oh my god

JiveHonky

by zen death robot
i like the art in this thread, thanks to everyone who shared.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

still due a coloring but it's the best thing i've drawn i think

hi how are you ♥

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

bacalou posted:

please JOHN please

JiveHonky

by zen death robot

still due a coloring but it's the best thing i've drawn i think

cool! lots of detail

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

fuck. marry. t-rex

Sry for bad lighting I didn't feel like moving it

fuck. marry. t-rex

Here's one that is sort of "byob"

FluffieDuckie

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

i like it alot

maybe because i'm sort of byob myself

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

its good

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Luvcow posted:

its good

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

It's in the right thread this time. Here is a dumb drawing responding to how Freep is terrified of being called racist, while also demanding the mass culling of blacks and the gassing of immigrant children.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

JiveHonky posted:

cool! lots of detail

hey jive where you been?

Here's the thing in color, ready to go on the front of a book when i get round to it

hi how are you ♥

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

Here is a doodle of a crow trying to drive a sports car, inspired by an LP of Need for Speed.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

First sketch thing on the new tablet, simple style I might use for a comic I wanna do. Anyone looking for a drawing tablet needs to try out the Samsung Note Pro.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

hey jive where you been?

Here's the thing in color, ready to go on the front of a book when i get round to it

love your style

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Here is a doodle of a crow trying to drive a sports car, inspired by an LP of Need for Speed.

this is funny and good and i didn't know you were an artist but hope you keep these coming

Scathach posted:

First sketch thing on the new tablet, simple style I might use for a comic I wanna do. Anyone looking for a drawing tablet needs to try out the Samsung Note Pro.

this is really good and i love the blues in the background and your lines and the creepy/meditative vibe

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

Luvcow posted:

this is funny and good and i didn't know you were an artist but hope you keep these coming

Will do. Most of these are just silly warm up things and requests my boyfriend and I do together. We also do concept stuff.

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Luvcow posted:

this is really good and i love the blues in the background and your lines and the creepy/meditative vibe

Thanks! I tend to do a lot of creepy

St. Isaias Boner I'm interested in how that will look when it's colored. It's already pretty sweet.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Scathach posted:

Thanks! I tend to do a lot of creepy

St. Isaias Boner I'm interested in how that will look when it's colored. It's already pretty sweet.

here's how it ended up

The cover needs some tweaking but that's pretty close to being how it'll look

Luvcow posted:

love your style

thanks, here is a map i was working on over the weekend to the exclusion of things I was meant to be doing:

hi how are you ♥

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

thats a map even tolkein would love

Macnult

here is a bird i drew. the shading could have been better but i'm still happy with the result

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

here is a bird i drew. the shading could have been better but i'm still happy with the result

thats really good

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

thats really good

thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

hey jive where you been?

fabulous AF

Macnult posted:

I love the intensity of this bird

• Locked thread