Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I love new games
http://i.imgur.com/AFLUzpJ.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

lol

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Vegetable posted:

We held a 20 point lead all game and lost ultimately by 300-299 jfc

I had a game today where my team lost by 50 tickets despite the end-of-match results saying we captured twice as many flags, held 5 flags to their 0, and killed almost twice as many enemies in vehicles. Still don't know how the hell that works.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I more than meet the specs but I'm getting constant freezing, anyone know of a fix?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

ColoradoCleric posted:

I more than meet the specs but I'm getting constant freezing, anyone know of a fix?

Make sure scaling is set to 42%, not 100%.
Download the latest drivers, especially if you're running a GeForce.
Close your browser.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:eyepop:

That is some next level tank rampage.I assume it was a tank. I don't think planes are that dominant

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 6, 2016

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I had a game today where my team lost by 50 tickets despite the end-of-match results saying we captured twice as many flags, held 5 flags to their 0, and killed almost twice as many enemies in vehicles. Still don't know how the hell that works.

Pretty sure all of those end of round stats are bugged, at least the ones on that one screen.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So I had a good run with the flamethrower tonight. I burned 20 brits to a crisp before two tanks trapped me.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:eyepop:

That is some next level tank rampage.I assume it was a tank. I don't think planes are that dominate

Some teams just don't understand how to kill the light tank. I went 49-2 earlier today and I'm proper awful, but the Flanker Light Tank just wrecks everyone.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I took out the Behemoth (train) tonight. It was over at A heading to D, where I was, so I hunkered down in a crater until it passed. Then I ran out on the tracks, placed 3 anti-vehicle mines, and ran back to my crater to wait. Within 2 minutes I heard the whistle blowing, and it was heading my way from F and G. I peeked over the edge of the crater just as it was a few meters away and BOOM! The train exploded. One of the players inside jumped out just before so I sprayed him with my SMG and picked up 1 kill for him, a multi-kill for the 4 inside the train, a vehicle kill bonus, and a Behemoth kill bonus.

That was fun.

Use those mines on the tracks if the train is out. It's very effective and as long as you stay alive it's bound to hit them.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

I was thinking of getting TF2 but now I actually think I want to buy this instead. Pretty drat good game and I didnt even really like playing BF4. There is something about all these old weapons which are pretty cool.

JFC posted:

I took out the Behemoth (train) tonight. It was over at A heading to D, where I was, so I hunkered down in a crater until it passed. Then I ran out on the tracks, placed 3 anti-vehicle mines, and ran back to my crater to wait. Within 2 minutes I heard the whistle blowing, and it was heading my way from F and G. I peeked over the edge of the crater just as it was a few meters away and BOOM! The train exploded. One of the players inside jumped out just before so I sprayed him with my SMG and picked up 1 kill for him, a multi-kill for the 4 inside the train, a vehicle kill bonus, and a Behemoth kill bonus.

That was fun.

Use those mines on the tracks if the train is out. It's very effective and as long as you stay alive it's bound to hit them.

I used the field artillery out near Butter and kept repeatedly shelling this poo poo out of it (I like the animation of the reload every time). It only does like between 31 and 38 damage each time but I managed to just sit out there and watch this thing get shredded.

Also fun: Taking the field artillery and just letting it burn in any location (this was before I knew you could self fix). Then just wait and shell the poo poo out of anyone that approaches. They dont expect it. I did this at Duff and manage to take out an armored car and tank.

also: I cant for the life of me fly any of the planes worth a poo poo.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

spiralbrain posted:

I was thinking of getting TF2 but now I actually think I want to buy this instead. Pretty drat good game and I didnt even really like playing BF4. There is something about all these old weapons which are pretty cool.

Good news, TeamFortress 2 is free and out now so you can get both.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Good news, TeamFortress 2 is free and out now so you can get both.

Sorry I meant Titanfall 2 :P

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JFC posted:

I know that tripwire mines don't despawn on death, so I assume AT mines will stay forever until triggered or destroyed.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

spiralbrain posted:

Sorry I meant Titanfall 2 :P

I knew.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
today I learned that you can in fact drop bombs from one bomber and bomb another bomber out of the sky

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/21282367

I can't gif this because the sounds of war are important but it's pro-click imho

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

If you set a trip mine and the wire attaches to a door, and you open the door, you can set off your mine. Ask how I found out :downs:

Also, the incendiary one seems way better than the explosive one. Explosive only does about 80 damage per mine, but the incendiary is enough to kill a guy if they don't seek out a medkit in the few seconds before burning to death. Plus if they shoot it to detonate it, the fire still denies that area until it clears.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wow the flanker tank just decimates infantry like this is fun as hell but i doubt i can do this after beta :c

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

JFC posted:

That was fun.

I managed to kill a behemoth today as well by spawning into the tailgun of bomber at 0 health right before the pilot bailed out after taking fire from the train. Somehow didn't explode for a few good seconds until I crashed into the train and blew up on it, getting 5 easy kills in the process.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

verbal enema posted:

wow the flanker tank just decimates infantry like this is fun as hell but i doubt i can do this after beta :c

I think if there's 1 thing that's going to get nerfed (or, really, should be nerfed) between now and release it's going to be either the self-repair time or the amount of health the self repair restores.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
The shotgun thing on the light tank is ridiculous against infantry. You kill people with one shot in the large circle from a long distance. No wonder that thing is death to be close to. One game I was repairing it (I can't believe you can repair this thing alone) and for some reason I stepped out, I may have hit E, but an enemy ran at full speed and took it over and I knew we were doomed to lose and it was my fault.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I spawned in the horse at E, and decided to go patrol the mean streets of C. But on the way, I see an enemy marching over to D. Well, may as well run him over.

Then another guy spawns off him. Okay, so it'll be two kills. Then another, then another, then another. I just roadkilled a whole drat squad with a horse :allears: Battlefield 1 you so crazy. This game is pretty fun. Dismounted cavalry is insane and my favorite class ever and chasing people down to either medkit/ammo/stab as appropriate is nonstop joy.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If you're on the team fighting the train, it's pretty easy to just camp at A or G, and recap the lost points immediately as the train leaves. Sweet conquest points.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Had my best cavalry game so far and one of my best BF1 games yet, rode around the cliffs at A on the horse and squished 3 people, charged out like the victorias British Officer I am into the desert to trample 5 camping snipers and ended the game with 19 total kills all either on horseback or with the cavalry gear.
e; Also managed to kill one person on horseback with the sword, had a laugh with that person in chat and in under a minute I roadkilled him just after he picked up the sentry gear.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Gonkish posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on there but the tailgun is just a complete non-issue for any other plane in the sky. It seems to do less damage than your average infantry weapon... from the ground... across the map. I have unloaded the entire "clip" into the engine of a plane that was just short of riding our tail into the ground. If I was being even remotely threatening, I didn't know it, and the chase plane didn't seem to give a single gently caress about all the bullets flying directly at him while he happily destroyed the bomber and then flew off seemingly no worse for wear. (Not even a puff of smoke or damage to fuselage.) I wonder if the tailgun isn't just outright bugged and simply not doing damage.
I've dealt damage to planes from the rear seat but it's always been peanuts. I've *never* been shot down by a rear gunner.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Kibayasu posted:

I think if there's 1 thing that's going to get nerfed (or, really, should be nerfed) between now and release it's going to be either the self-repair time or the amount of health the self repair restores.

Can't find the tweet, but some :dice: guy already confirmed that the beta FT-17 light tank is already extinct in the latest versions of the game.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

The artillery truck owns so hard. It's also a great feeling if you manage to shoot a plane out of the sky.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

evil_bunnY posted:

I've dealt damage to planes from the rear seat but it's always been peanuts. I've *never* been shot down by a rear gunner.

I shot a dude down as rear gunner once, dunno how much other damage he'd taken before I did it though.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Rusty posted:

(I can't believe you can repair this thing alone)

I think this is actually one of the great changes to vehicles, not in its current form but the mechanic itself. They probably have to adjust repair time or health restored, but this way a tank getting repaired is actually out of action during a repair cycle and is not still able to fight with 100% efficiency while two buddies weld his butt. I personally go with higher cycle time and not being able to stop a cycle once it started to make repairing vehicles even more vulnerable.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

i am interested in knowing all the corresponding turkish voice lines and how to pronounce them

it has nothing to do with halloween being next month

Good news friend, you can turn on subtitles in the options for the Turkish barks. I think they are event recorded in english too, which is another option to select.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

evil_bunnY posted:

If your in shooting the front of the airplane you want to shoot center front for engine damage. If you can't see the front of the plane shoot the wings for a wing disable. If you do either when someone is approaching the ground in a dive or heading towards a mountain they will almost always crash and give you the kill.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

SeanBeansShako posted:

Good news friend, you can turn on subtitles in the options for the Turkish barks. I think they are event recorded in english too, which is another option to select.

Oh nice. I didn't expect a multiplayer FPS to put focus on that. Nor a response to a bottom page post 5 pages ago with no punctuation :blush:

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Well I've had my fun of BF1. Back to BF4 I go.

I'm just going to put it on the side burner until its polished a bit. Playing to much pub squad is going to burn me out.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?

NuckmasterJ posted:

Well I've had my fun of BF1. Back to BF4 I go.

I'm just going to put it on the side burner until its polished a bit. Playing to much pub squad is going to burn me out.

It is a pre-release beta holy moly folks

Fake edit: what the gently caress do the orange icons that pop up on the right of the hud mean? One looks like 35mm film with an exclamation mark, one looks like a clock with an arrow around it

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

dropkickpikachu posted:

It is a pre-release beta holy moly folks

Fake edit: what the gently caress do the orange icons that pop up on the right of the hud mean? One looks like 35mm film with an exclamation mark, one looks like a clock with an arrow around it

Packet loss/latency/fps drop/server issues. There was a table a couple pages back showing what each one meant.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 6, 2016

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

so is battlelog finally dead? please tell me their not gonna put it in for release

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
A little late but just played this last night. I was a huge BC2 fanatic and rather dislike BF3/4 but this so far has been mostly fun. Hopefully the other maps have some more color other than shades of brown/darker brown. The one rush map feels like pretty decent rush (and I've much preferred Rush in BC2) but at least Conquest also isn't completely terrible. True to BF beta form, everyone is a god drat idiot and I don't think I saw a revive once and felt like I was the only one aware that Medic even had a revive, and the rest of your team is busy trying to bumfuck up the mountain so they can go ineffectually snipe.

Not really a fan that there's no solid starting AT weapons like Engineer's RPG but I guess within a few weeks everyone will be able to run all the actually good AT tools. Then again most of the starting weapons also feel like poo poo except the Medic gun which I've bad the best luck with actually being able to take people out, but again that will prolly be a moot issue after playing for a week and unlock the ~actual good guns~.

Whoever said dismounted Cav owns is spot on. I'm fairly rusty and just completely dominated in that thing going 29-1 in one game--especially since people either got cocky and seem confused when I didn't die immediately and then turned around and 1-shot them in the face, pistol whipped their 2 friends behind, stabbed the last guy, and healed myself back up and laughed all the way to the next point. I hope it makes it to release because that was really fun.

One issue is this game's movement feels sticky and clunky as poo poo to move around--like constantly getting snagged or snared on things, and feels like wading through water the entire game. Climbing things feels like a 20/80 crapshoot if it works or if you just slide back down though if you mash it enough you usually can get ontop or whatever you're trying to climb. I honestly feel like half the time I'm just getting frustrated and fighting the game trying to get it to do what I want to do. Might just be a beta issue so hopefully they can fine tune movement to make it feel more responsive and solid.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I'm really starting to like support. Just hang out around C, put trip mines in house entrances and NEVER stop throwing gas grenades. Grab your gas mask and the trench MG and start hunting.

Any Europeans want to group up for a bit? Add me on Origin! (my name is P0pelmon on there)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Welp, looks like the beta is gonna end this Thursday.