Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Type: Null is designed to break Pokemon fansite CSS style sheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I am happy to see dexio and sina for reasons that are unclear to me

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ruggington posted:

theyre on vacation

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Type: Null is a weird name. Dragon was very cute though.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

more like Hype: Null hey guys haha

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Raticate REALLY let himself go

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ruggington posted:

because they were cute dorks in XY but then never actually got to do anything or have enough lines to even fully flesh them out

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

looks like null is just normal, from the box under the artwork. either way, cool armour thing

also that dragon is cute, faticate is ok, and that space jellyfish is cool.

and the zygarde vacuum.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The foundation guys are the real evil team book it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So the Aether Foundation are 100% creepy cult evil and me and Guzma are gonna have to cut them down, right?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
type: null looks like a chimera kind of thing? and with the ub-01 there as well it seems we've got some poke-experimentation going on. wonder if that dragon is our pseudo-legendary this time

also pokemon snap is in game now

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
THEY BROUGHT BACK POKEMON SNAP

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My bet is that the Aether guys are the real villains. Maybe you really do get to join Team Skull later in the game.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Raticate REALLY let himself go

totem gumshoos could definitely beat down totem faticate

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How does Team Skull keep getting better?!?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So the Aether Foundation are 100% creepy cult evil and me and Guzma are gonna have to cut them down, right?

this lady is cool and also 100% a villain

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Lusamine looks like Lillie's mom for sure

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ruggington posted:

totem gumshoos could definitely beat down totem faticate

:yeah:

Ruggington posted:

this lady is cool and also 100% a villain

Cool teams this gen.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
How do you pronounce Jangmo-o?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

lol i wouldn't expect something even remotely clever from Pokemon so no, team Aether are not secretly the bad guys. team skull is literally talking about stealing and selling Pokemon, theyre not gonna magically be the good guy team.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Japanese trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VgXtwxIW-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR1ssSZfoGY

They briefly showed Cutiefly's evo:

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Pentaro posted:

Nor Rattata. I remember yanking all sorts of legendaries just after Bank dropped.

Here, because I have nothing better to do with my time (hence I started playing Pokemon), I checked against some GameFaqs list of all the mons you can get in X/Y. The Gen 1 mons you can't get in X/Y are:

Rattata / Raticate
Clefairy / Clefable
Vulpix / Ninetales
Paras / Parasect
Venonat / Venomoth
Meowth / Persian
Mankey / Primeape
Growlithe / Arcanine
Ponyta / Rapidash
Seel / Dewgong
Grimer / Muk
Drowzee / Hypno
Krabby / Kingler
Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan
Koffing / Weezing
Chansey
Tangela
Electabuzz
Magmar
Porygon
Omanyte / Omastar
Kabuto / Kabutops
Mew

So, 40/151. Although some of those (obviously Meowth, for example) will probably show up in Sun/Moon, though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

mabels big day posted:

lol i wouldn't expect something even remotely clever from Pokemon so no, team Aether are not secretly the bad guys. team skull is literally talking about stealing and selling Pokemon, theyre not gonna magically be the good guy team.

They're both gonna be bad. But i'll like Skull better because Guzma's my boy.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Team Skull doesn't have to turn into good guys for the other guys to also be bad.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

From the video thumbnail I thought Type:Null was gonna be a third stage for Mudsdale where it got armor and became a knight's horse with steel typing.

loving love possessed arm enforcer nerd.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Team Skull doesn't have to turn into good guys for the other guys to also be bad.

the other guys aren't gonna be bad. this is my guess.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sorry meteos and also welcome pixiefly

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the little baby have a scarf

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Maybe they'll pull an Aqua/Magma and each version will feature one team as villians and the other one as support. After all, twelve hours is more than enough time to go heel.

Also looking forward to Sun2Moon2, taking place 24 hours after the events of SunMoon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FishBulb posted:

This, if Aether are also bad guys then they'll probably be the one with the plan to destroy the world and not Team Skull making Team Skull the best team.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

McDragon posted:

HOLY poo poo POKEMON SNAP

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully they clarify the whole "12 hours" thing. If that means playing moon at night means it's morning in game, I could get behind it.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Dehry posted:

Hopefully they clarify the whole "12 hours" thing. If that means playing moon at night means it's morning in game, I could get behind it.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/sept-6-sunmoon-differences/

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hardcordion posted:

How do you pronounce Jangmo-o?

the - is a glottal stop and they didn't want to go full 'okina. mo'o is lizard/dragon in hawaiian

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hmph! '\_('- ` )_/'

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/ultra-beasts/

quote:

UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one.

While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.

Lillie is an Ultra Beast confirmed.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's pretty cool. Definitely leaning towards Moon, especially if Misdreavus is moon exclusive over Drifblim like the Japanese trailer suggested. I've been wanting to use Mismagius for a while. Also, playing moon would mean I would not have to face my friend Gumshoos and just beat up a rat instead, which is the better option.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ok i take it back, i'll give it a 50% chance that team aether is behind the ultra beast thing, or at the very least, just the sketchy scientist dude is. the hot glasses babe definitely is not evil.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

faticate is so fat oh my goodness

also

McDragon posted:

HOLY poo poo POKEMON SNAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

"It appears that the Aether Foundation is also conducting research on these Ultra Beasts."

If not straight-up villains, there's no way the foundation will be completely on the straight and narrow. They're very conspiciously white.