Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Look at this guy

There is no way this guy isnt evil.

Good grandpa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Look at this guy

What is Rusty Venture doing in Alola?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I thought he only had one arm until I noticed the hand poking out behind his back.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

FishBulb posted:

Look at this guy

If my hairline was receding like this, I'd wear this outfit too tbh

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm glad pokemon is going to teach a generation of kids that the poor who are pushed into a life of crime by a society that rejects them aren't the true evil, late capitalism is

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

pokemon SM? more like pokemon LF

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aether Foundation is evil because they already showed us their grunts and admins and stuff. plus all the private island/make a paradise/etc but mostly because they have grunts and admins

when you team up with Guzma to wreck their poo poo its gonna be rad as hell. its ya boy!!!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm glad pokemon is going to teach a generation of kids that the poor who are pushed into a life of crime by a society that rejects them aren't the true evil, late capitalism is

They will only learn that lesson of they buy both games, watch the animated series and purchase officially licensed Pokemon merchandise though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Look at this guy

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Ubone is a really pretty design and I'm sad its probably that dumb girl and not a pokemon you can actually catch.

Typer: Null is literally what a 12 year old would make and I'm not sure if I hate or love it for that. The name sucks though.

Everything else looks cool as hell.

EDIT: Except the edgelord in Team Skull, he also sucks.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 6, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Internet Kraken posted:

Ubone is a really pretty design and I'm sad its probably that dumb girl and not a pokemon you can actually catch.

Typer: Null is literally what a 12 year old would make and I'm not sure if I hate or love it for that. The name sucks though.

Everything else looks cool as hell.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Didn't the French twitter say we'd get the stage two starters in the next reveal? Where are they?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Solumin posted:

What is Rusty Venture doing in Alola?

He's built a machine that's powdered by the heart of a Pichu.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Also if the Aether guys are evil they are probably evil in the same way Colress was.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Internet Kraken posted:

Also if the Aether guys are evil they are probably evil in the same way Colress was.

The leader is literally saying she built a paradise to keep Pokémon safe (from people is the implication ) and she will be their mother.

Lady's crazy and they're gonna be Galactic level cult-y

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I really like the idea of Team Skull being just a bunch of broke wanna be punks who are just going around causing petty crime because they have nothing better to do, and most of them outside of the higher ups are mostly oblivious to the grander scheme of things going on.

Also, there's no way the research center built on Plastic Beach that dress in perfectly sterilized environments with a hunched over scientist aren't evil.

I'm very much looking forward to teaming up with my boy Guzma

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: Except the edgelord in Team Skull, he also sucks.

He's cool. He's doing Jojo poses and cluthing his hand and if he's containing his powers. A literal chuuni

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Have you ever wondered what Brock's doughnut recipe was? Wonder no more!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

El Burbo posted:

He's cool. He's doing Jojo poses and cluthing his hand and if he's containing his powers. A literal chuuni

He's gonna get all his pokemon KO'd without even damaging mine.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Teaming up with Team Skull would be super cool but it'll never happen because Gamefreak's motto is "it could have been better if..."

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So Jangmo-o is definitely the first stage of the new pseudo legendary, right

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah. There's basically no way its not.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

cheetah7071 posted:

yeah and judging by the heart theme odds are pretty good it's going to be dragon/fairy imo

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Gladion exists so people can finally have that edgy angry rival that they've been clamoring for, ever since Pokemon got too nice with your Wallies and your Tiernos.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Calaveron posted:

Teaming up with Team Skull would be super cool but it'll never happen because Gamefreak's motto is "it could have been better if..."

I want to believe.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
i want to ally with leg-mother and finally usher in the age of poketopia

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
These games are gonna be so good

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Kelp Plankton posted:

yeah and judging by the heart theme odds are pretty good it's going to be dragon/fairy imo

More likely, it'll be Alola's source of Heart Scales.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Alxprit posted:

More likely, it'll be Alola's source of Heart Scales.

you don't feel like they just throw Luvdisc everywhere and call it a day like they usually do?

I hate so much that you can't permanently steal items with thief any more. Being forced to catch like a dozen Luvdisc is just :shepicide:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

cheetah7071 posted:

I am VERY hyped.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Why would they name Type: Null as Type: Null? Isn't Null sufficient? The design or lore of it doesn't bother me at all, just whichever 12 year old named it. Even "Null" is a little try-hard edgy but TYPE: NULL. WHY?!

but also

cheetah7071 posted:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zore posted:

you don't feel like they just throw Luvdisc everywhere and call it a day like they usually do?

I hate so much that you can't permanently steal items with thief any more. Being forced to catch like a dozen Luvdisc is just :shepicide:

I have good news for you, then. You can steal permanently from wild Pokemon. At no point were you forced to catch all those Luvdisc.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

im gonna go with dragon/steel because it seems to have a psuedo knight theme going on

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zore posted:

:confused: Doesn't Thief only temporarily steal items in trainer battles? Wild Pokemon should be able to have their items stolen.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope Jangmo-o is available in a midgame route like Goomy was instead of late or postgame like so many pseudos were.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Do we know what pokemons will be exclusive to either version ?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Space T Rex posted:

Why would they name Type: Null as Type: Null? Isn't Null sufficient? The design or lore of it doesn't bother me at all, just whichever 12 year old named it. Even "Null" is a little try-hard edgy but TYPE: NULL. WHY?!

but also

So they can completely gently caress with websites whose owners don't know what they're doing

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I hope Jangmo-o is available in a midgame route like Goomy was instead of late or postgame like so many pseudos were.

you could get a gible and the earthquake tm right after the second gym in platinum and that was just swell

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Do we know what pokemons will be exclusive to either version ?

The best Pokemon will be in your chosen version except for that one other Pokemon that looks super interesting but is really rare to find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Isn't that literally just Hydreigon and Tyranitar? Dratini was Game Center, Salamence was post gym 5, Garchomp was post gym 4/2 in DP and Plat, and then Goomy.

Beldum's a bit of a special case.