Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jim DiGriz posted:

Nah, Britain would be a major upgrade even after the Brexit shitstorm.

Well, in any event, I am sorry if I offended you. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

Well, in any event, I am sorry if I offended you. :shobon:

It's not like you assumed I'm from Hungary or something :D but let's not turn this into nationchat

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jim DiGriz posted:

Nah, Britain would be a major upgrade even after the Brexit shitstorm.

More and more it feels like that it was actually a Coulter roast and Rob Lowe was just a nice guy enough to lend his name.

Jeff Ross was on Conan last week and he said as soon as he heard, he stopped writing Rob Lowe jokes and started writing Ann Coulter ones.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

:laffo: oh you sweet summer child

100% authentic. Coulter is legitimately that horrible. I don't know who the parallel would be for wherever you're at but basically there are public figures here who will say basically anything to further the furor of the undereducated and misinformed in the US. It's... god i don't even know how to summarize it for someone who isn't exposed to it on the daily.

Basically what you think she's doing in every reaction shot is her first exposure to comedy. She legitimately doesn't understand what's happening around her but knows she needs to defend herself but doesn't know the parlance. The empathy you're feeling for her feels like just desserts to natives. basically.

The only reason she probably even agreed to this is that she's in an odd spot where her brand of attention-getting shock rhetoric that used to get her all over right wing media is absolutely tame in the Age of Drumpf, and she can't keep up so she just does whatever will get her Skeletor-esque face on television.
I don't usually watch Comedy Central roasts because they usually suck, but I might catch it to see her get destroyed because she deserves whatever she got.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 6, 2016

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I believe she has a new book out and wanted to promote it

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Coulter threw out all the jokes the Roast staff wrote for her and came with her own. Because that always ends well.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

That 5th joke is pretty great.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Escobarbarian posted:

I believe she has a new book out and wanted to promote it

Coulter is a lot like SE Cupp in that they'll basically say or do anything if it gets their face on a tv.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

IRQ posted:

Coulter is a lot like SE Cupp in that they'll basically say or do anything if it gets their face on a tv.

So that's who I saw on the "Power Players" episode of Jeopardy yesterday and was wondering who the gently caress she was.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

So that's who I saw on the "Power Players" episode of Jeopardy yesterday and was wondering who the gently caress she was.

Yeah I was not pleased that she won.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Roast isn't on CC's website yet, drat it. This sounds very entertaining.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Dang, Cinemax's new show looks goooood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loJxKTCkoTY

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFBH8M00Fno

She just makes this one face the entire roast.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I had an Ann Coulter audio book I used to put on to go to sleep with, and the only thing I remember from the experience is that she was absolutely adamant that liberals hate toilets.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I was waiting for somebody else* to use that in a joke, to be honest, though that could be in part because one of my lasting memories of Rob Lowe is Eddie Nero repeatedly talking about "Taking a MAN...in my mouth" in Californication.

*Somebody funny, that is.

Spade's opening monologue actually hit it but I didn't realize until I saw it for the second time. He says some people might have see him on grinder, and then follows with a swipe right reference. I thought it meant the app from the start, but the camera cuts to Savage at that point (I wasn't paying as much attention the first time round) and I was like 'oh of course'.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I had an Ann Coulter audio book I used to put on to go to sleep with, and the only thing I remember from the experience is that she was absolutely adamant that liberals hate toilets.

Do you enjoy nightmares or something?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jean Claude Van Johnson is amazing.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

The time-travel arguments were loving amazing. But really the whole thing. I really hope they pick it up.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

IRQ posted:

Do you enjoy nightmares or something?

I was genuinely fearful that subconsciously I'd start taking in her bullshit. Luckily all that happened was I bought my best friend Joey hundreds of dollars worth of pants, for some reason.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

The time-travel arguments were loving amazing. But really the whole thing. I really hope they pick it up.

"I love you Tom Sawyer."

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

precision posted:

Please everyone watch this and provide glowing feedback to Amazon.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Jimmy Carr's opening shot at Coulter was amazing.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I kinda want to watch this roast now after hearing so much about it. Is CC likely to put out an uncensored version anytime soon, or was it already uncensored to begin with?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's already online

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Donald Glover's Atlanta just started on FX, double episode tonight.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Donald Glover's Atlanta just started on FX, double episode tonight.

Yeah I noticed it on my guide and set the reair to record. I didn't think it was this soon.

Is Girl Louie also this week?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep that ones Thursday at 10.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IRQ posted:

Yeah I noticed it on my guide and set the reair to record. I didn't think it was this soon.

Is Girl Louie also this week?

Is she playing the same character as on Louie?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

From the trailers it's the same character with a different name.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Holy poo poo, you guys weren't kidding about this Ann Coulter bit. I would feel embarrassed for her if I wasn't loving every second of her bombing. Literally zero laughs, it's incredible.

The best part of it was "HUH HUH GOOD ONE!"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

raditts posted:

The best part of it was "HUH HUH GOOD ONE!"

Pete Davidson is great, looking forward to his special. Even if it's just an hour of weed jokes. Which it probably will be.

E: multiple uses of 'gently caress' in this, so FX definitely on that train at last.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 7, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Yeah, I heard an F-bomb just now.

Fully expecting some exposed tits between now and the finale of The Americans from FX.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Mr Robot has had a few f bombs too. But Walking Dead still can't.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yeah, I heard an F-bomb just now.

Fully expecting some exposed tits between now and the finale of The Americans from FX.

Phillip, you have to seduce Ronald Reagan :dong:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Phillip, you have to seduce Ronald Reagan :dong:
A man you can seduce with a toupee is not a man we can trust with the nuclear codes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
...men are the ones who think toupees look good.

Phillip will seduce Reagan by taking his wig off in front of him and making Reagan feel less insecure about his own hairpiece.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

GreenNight posted:

Mr. Robot hit us with the word cunty about 2 minutes into an episode and then censored gently caress like one minute later. It's so cunting stupid

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GreenNight posted:

I'm sure being the biggest show on TV by a huge margin means they have more advertisers to appease.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Atlanta was good and pretty much exactly what I thought it would be. I'm not 100% sold on some of the more bizarre Lynchesque stuff but I'm assuming that there'll be a point to it eventually so I'll let it slide for now.

Also acting-wise Donald is the weakest point... which isn't to say he's bad, it's just that the other actors are really, really good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I won't have time to watch it until tomorrow but Donglover's not exactly known for being a good actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm enjoying Atlanta so far.

e- I like the Southland-esque flash-forward scenes. They spoil what's coming, but allow for intrigue as to how you get there.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Sep 7, 2016

• Locked thread