Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013

Clarste posted:

WaHH 33 draft

In which we see the difference between Mamizou and Yukari.

For Marisa's first speech bubble on the first uncoloured page, should she be saying "Isn't it great" with a question mark, rather than "It isn't great"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I'm also glad this chapter showed more of my favorite touhou ship

marisa x mushrooms

actually the real ship is Marisa x Evil Dragon

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The real ship is Komachi's.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Mima is found stuffed in a fridge.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You know, I miss Komachi showing up in WaHH. The last time was way back in the Miko chapter, wasn't it?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Komachi just got bored of WaHH like everyone else.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wahh is good

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Namtab posted:

Wahh is good

It's

And Kasen owns

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Namtab posted:

Wahh is good

It's okay but FS and VFiS are so good

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
so wait

if the last overall plot arc was the moriya shrine, finishing at UFO, and this one is kasen and mamizou carrying out evil schemes how does lunatic kingdom tie in???

makes u think

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I got my English Bullet Ballet

They hosed up in the artbook and wrote aya's power as "various types of floating"

for shame

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Mima will show up in Touhou 16 to stop Kasen and Mamizou from messing up her old home.

Rectus posted:

Turns out Kasen was Mima all along.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I was discussing with a friend on whether or not Komachi knows Kasen isn't really a hermit. I say she knows, friend disagrees. Thoughts?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

iospace posted:

I was discussing with a friend on whether or not Komachi knows Kasen isn't really a hermit. I say she knows, friend disagrees. Thoughts?

I only have the vaguest recollections of the Komachi chapters but I remember getting the impression that she realised Kasen is not a hermit.

What chapters was Komachi in anyway?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

She pretty blatantly acted like Kasen was a fake hermit back in her last appearance.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a cartoon duck posted:

I only have the vaguest recollections of the Komachi chapters but I remember getting the impression that she realised Kasen is not a hermit.

What chapters was Komachi in anyway?

I had to check the wiki (and I totally forgot since last night), but this is the page that I found is telling:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The art sure has improved

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

she immediately has a good giggle in the setsuban chapter, she knows

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

For the record, I think "being an oni" and "not being a real hermit" are two entirely separate secrets Kasen has. In SoPM they imply that tengu can become hermits, so it's not like you need to be human to be a hermit.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

For the record, I think "being an oni" and "not being a real hermit" are two entirely separate secrets Kasen has. In SoPM they imply that tengu can become hermits, so it's not like you need to be human to be a hermit.

Well, that's reassuring. The most boring way this could end would be for Kasen to come out straight as an oni.

That second bubble would totally fit below my avatar.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

You know, I miss Komachi showing up in WaHH. The last time was way back in the Miko chapter, wasn't it?

Clearly she is just taking a break before she becomes playable in the next game to do her job and beat up Kasen.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

voltcatfish posted:

I got my English Bullet Ballet

They hosed up in the artbook and wrote aya's power as "various types of floating"

for shame

Is the game good?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
There's a demo of the Windows version if you want to try it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I just played through Youmu's story mode. Sanae can eat poo poo and die.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

WaHH 34 (draft). This one's more of a gag chapter.

For the record, the bamboo shoots were also poisonous.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

:siren:clownpiece spotted:siren:

I thought part of Kasen's gimmick was that she actually didn't know anything about hermits? Are hermits kung-fuing the concept of miasma a thing they actually do in, uh, mythos?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Seems like this chapter is a precursor to the Curiosities of Lotus Asia chapter where Sumireko and Kasen meet up in the shop again.

I feel like the streams have been crossing a lot more. I felt like before, each manga kind of kept to itself, and were separate from the games for the most part, and the album stories were even more separate, but now everything seems to intermingle a little more, with Sumireko doing stuff everywhere and Kasen showing up more. I like it.

Also Rinnosuke is cute and I like when he shows up

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also Kosuzu made a cameo.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Seems like this chapter is a precursor to the Curiosities of Lotus Asia chapter where Sumireko and Kasen meet up in the shop again.

I feel like the streams have been crossing a lot more. I felt like before, each manga kind of kept to itself, and were separate from the games for the most part, and the album stories were even more separate, but now everything seems to intermingle a little more, with Sumireko doing stuff everywhere and Kasen showing up more. I like it.

Also Rinnosuke is cute and I like when he shows up

As a fan of CONTINUITY, i am very aroused pleased

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

It's Cirno day, post the strongest 2hu.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Rectus posted:

she's here

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Rectus posted:

Is it fate that I read this post precisely at 9:09 AM?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Clarste posted:

WaHH 34 (draft). This one's more of a gag chapter.

For the record, the bamboo shoots were also poisonous.

:same:

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013

Clarste posted:

Do we know that Kasen is strictly a fake hermit? She's fairly ignorant about what hermits are supposed to do, but PMiSS mentions that some people who become hermits are basically autodidacts who managed it without having a teacher. If Kasen could be one of those, then being unfamiliar with a hermit's duties doesn't rule out her being one.

I think one of the chapter end notes also mentions that Kasen's ascetic practice is based on Buddhist principles, not Taoism, which could explain why she's unfamiliar with what Taoist hermits do.

Jo Joestar fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 9, 2016

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

In honor of today, I present to you my receipt bag for today.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Looking forward to Touhou 16: Fairy Wars 2: The Frozen Throne.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MefoMefo is awesome. They were the first one to go "... why hasn't anyone done Mexican Day of the Dead Komachi yet?" and proceeded to do it.

Then again, they are Mexican themselves, so I guess that explains that.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

FractalSandwich posted:

Looking forward to Touhou 16: Fairy Wars 2: The Frozen Throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hey, I can't get local multiplayer for Gensou Rondo running. Even though I have 2 controllers set up, it still grays out vs human